Archived AE 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store is having the dedicated market team rollout. The FATL is moving to Consumables and the SBTL will also oversee FA now.

Makes sense. Stores aren't supposed to have a different TL for FA and SB anymore

Checked around on Workbench and see that my region is getting the market rollout in May. I really hopeit doesn't come to our store because we already have trouble finding room for all the vehicles we already have, don't need a bunch of U-boats clogging up the backroom too.

Checked around on Workbench and see that my region is getting the market rollout in May. I really hopeit doesn't come to our store because we already have trouble finding room for all the vehicles we already have, don't need a bunch of U-boats clogging up the backroom too.
On the grocery pilot page, there's a link for equipment delivery that shows how much each store is getting. The stores in my district are getting roughly one uboat per two grocery aisles. So it won't be nearly as bad as the test stores who got like 40 of them.

On the grocery pilot page, there's a link for equipment delivery that shows how much each store is getting. The stores in my district are getting roughly one uboat per two grocery aisles. So it won't be nearly as bad as the test stores who got like 40 of them.
so about 15 boats.

Yep, there was little follow through and direction. Plus the changes took place in October and no leadership moves or (dare I say) hour allocation direction was given to support the processes.

The problem again all comes down to not just how much payroll stores are getting, but how its allocated in the first place. If they wanted this thing to work, they need to simplify this mytime crap down. Target cuts the payroll for the entire store down, and then mytime allocates based on formulas for each area. This is nice, but when the entire payroll is down, it can only cut from flexible workcenters (its a proportional model). So sure, market's formula seems accurate on paper but if you cut 500 hours out of ONE WEEK for a store, its proportionally getting cut down.

If Target really cared about fixing this, they would fix the total store allocation first. A store with a 40% sales mix in food takes MORE payroll than one with 20%, as a $100 cart of groceries takes more payroll (stocking, cashiering, zoning) than $100 of softlines. If they can address this first, then we can talk about where the hours go (and get away from stores doing their own thing).

This hits the point

dhMeAzK.gif

If VMTLs are allowed to do their job, given the necessary freedom and not be lazy they most certainly can drive sales. Problem is most stores either don't hire the right person and/or don't give them the creative freedom to do the job to the best of their abilities. They shouldn't have to follow a planogram when creating a display. That eliminates pretty much any chance at actually being creative when every store looks the same. Let them do the job you hired them for and stop trying to micromanage their work.

If VMTLs are allowed to do their job, given the necessary freedom and not be lazy they most certainly can drive sales. Problem is most stores either don't hire the right person and/or don't give them the creative freedom to do the job to the best of their abilities. They shouldn't have to follow a planogram when creating a display. That eliminates pretty much any chance at actually being creative when every store looks the same. Let them do the job you hired them for and stop trying to micromanage their work.
The planogram really should be followed. The VM comes in to play when there are gaps in the planogram. That being said, there is certainly more leeway with hanging softlines.

I don't think there's anything that stops a softlines TL or even TMs from absorbing the VM duties, the way that electronics TMs are responsible for revisions and most transitions (barring the large MMB swaps) at my store. Yes, I'm sure they can drive sales, but I certainly wouldn't call what they provide drastically better than what a softlines TL/TM could to justify a fairly large pay grade difference.

But whatever, it's the company's money to piss away and piss it away they shall.

Last edited:
The planogram really should be followed. The VM comes in to play when there are gaps in the planogram. That being said, there is certainly more leeway with hanging softlines.
If you're paying somebody that much to be creative and drive sales, but then tell them to follow a planogram just like the POG team......what's the point? Planograms to VMLs should be nothing more than guidelines in my opinion. And this is coming from someone that worked on the POG team prior to being AP.

I haven't seen this mentioned, ULVs are losing their ETL HR and it will be replaced with a Sr.TL HR. Also each district will have its own APBP AND HRBP.

I don't think there's anything that stops a softlines TL or even TMs from absorbing the VM duties, the way that electronics TMs are responsible for revisions and most transitions (barring the large MMB swaps) at my store. Yes, I'm sure they can drive sales, but I certainly wouldn't call what they provide drastically better than what a softlines TL/TM could to justify a fairly large pay grade difference.

But whatever, it's the company's money to piss away and piss it away they shall.

At higher volume stores they work in Hardlines too.

My store is having the dedicated market team rollout. The FATL is moving to Consumables and the SBTL will also oversee FA now.

I was FA TL and I'm moving to SFTL. SBTL asked for a raise 'cause it's going to be combined and they said no. What penny pinchers. They were planning on us learning market but that went down the drain too.

Last edited:
My grocery team will be responsible for Pulling, Backstocking and maintaining the sales floor and backroom locations sometime in April. We've had the O/N Sr. TL transitioning back to the dayside to run the grocery team. Again, My store is an A+ location whose unload process starts at 10 pm. That is being changed to 4 am, which the store opens at 8 am. The flow team will be arriving and staying later to push all of the truck. We recently switched our autofill batches to 6 am, away from 6-7pm.

Our priority is to work on the autos before FAs, Price Changes, Research, and EXFs. We do not have proper time to pull POGs. In the first two weeks, we had some issues ensuring to have enough people to pull the initial 12+ hours batches. The salesfloor team does not push. Currently, D/S BR is responsible for pushing the workload. As our efficiency improved, we had to drop manuals to keep the store stocked. The autos did not track in real time, the current sales, until the next auto drop. As for the O/N backroom day, they will be working closer with the D/S backroom team. We have some people who will be unable to work some of the updated shifts. If they are unable to work, they will have a lack of hours.

A few months ago, the Deli TL resigned as the position was cut. So, the Sr. TL of Bakery will apparently be running Food Avenue, Deli, and Bakery dept. The Meat TL will be running Meat and Produce dept. The Sr. TL will be running Grocery, Dairy, Frozen with the backroom accountability. Hardlines will also be responsible for Chem. and Pets.

I do not know how this is going to function in the beginning as we work out all the kinks.

Sorry, after looking at this post, I could have posted this in other threads.

I think all stores are trying to figure out what to do. The front end took the biggest cut at my store as we had to cut a total of 3 positions. At first I was told I was going to keep Starbucks and Food Ave but then they told me I was being sent out to another store for another role and the FATL would keep Starbucks, then they decided not to do that and have me keep both work centers. Other TLs in my store have been moved to other roles too. We just want it to stop so we can know wtf to do next

My grocery team will be responsible for Pulling, Backstocking and maintaining the sales floor and backroom locations sometime in April. We've had the O/N Sr. TL transitioning back to the dayside to run the grocery team. Again, My store is an A+ location whose unload process starts at 10 pm. That is being changed to 4 am, which the store opens at 8 am. The flow team will be arriving and staying later to push all of the truck. We recently switched our autofill batches to 6 am, away from 6-7pm.

Our priority is to work on the autos before FAs, Price Changes, Research, and EXFs. We do not have proper time to pull POGs. In the first two weeks, we had some issues ensuring to have enough people to pull the initial 12+ hours batches. The salesfloor team does not push. Currently, D/S BR is responsible for pushing the workload. As our efficiency improved, we had to drop manuals to keep the store stocked. The autos did not track in real time, the current sales, until the next auto drop. As for the O/N backroom day, they will be working closer with the D/S backroom team. We have some people who will be unable to work some of the updated shifts. If they are unable to work, they will have a lack of hours.

A few months ago, the Deli TL resigned as the position was cut. So, the Sr. TL of Bakery will apparently be running Food Avenue, Deli, and Bakery dept. The Meat TL will be running Meat and Produce dept. The Sr. TL will be running Grocery, Dairy, Frozen with the backroom accountability. Hardlines will also be responsible for Chem. and Pets.

I do not know how this is going to function in the beginning as we work out all the kinks.

Sorry, after looking at this post, I could have posted this in other threads.

You should just have 4-6 4am BRTMs who come in and pull those Autofills, then switch to truck backstock for the rest of their shift after 6am or so....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back