Archived Am I eligible for a paygrade increase?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my primary workcenter is hardlines, but over the past couple months I've spent nearly all of my shifts in backroom. I think I've literally had ten or less shifts on the salesfloor in the past couple of months (and some of those were electronics), and I know that backroom gets $.50 more than salesfloor, so does this at all make me eligible for that pay grade? Hell, I'd be even happier to just stay in the backroom, so would this scheduling convince them to just change my workcenter altogether?

Also, how would I best approach my ETL-HR about this?

Thanks!

Have you check your pay grade on your check? It might of changed. Ask hr about it, with copies of schedules showing you in the back room. Warning: spot is known to change their mind & will say no. Then, put you back on the salesfloor.

You have to have 50% or more of your shifts in the higher pay grade work center to make the higher wage. It is possible to get retro active pay if you meet these guidelines, but you have to ask!

If you are scheduled in hardlines and working in the backroom without changing your workcenter at the timeclock when you go to the backroom there is no record of how many hours you are spending in the backroom. If you are scheduled in the backroom and more than 50% of your total hours are there, you should get a paygrade increase.

Fight for it. They did exactly this to a fellow TM of mine. He ended up with check close to three grand back pay. In fact it was our TL that helped him cause that is just wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back