Archived Amplified Gifting

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I’ve been recently being scheduled for AG and it’s not so bad. They’ve given me orders to not backstock anything. So I find myself cramming as much as I can on the designated fixtures, but they don’t look like the sample photos because there is excess product and limited space. Our store is even missing some of the shippers and fixtures so now I’m scrambling even more to try to fit things nicely. Anyway they scheduled me two days in a row, but I only had 5.5 hours each day to push product. Both shifts I didn’t finish because it is A LOT of stuff, like seven or eight carts piled high of product that go in different spots all over the store. I would stay later, but I’m on OT watch. Anyway I got almost all but one cart done on both days, so I would hope no one’s upset. I seemed to be the only person scheduled for AG this week, so I didn’t have any aid. Also found myself being stuck with random boxes full of items that weren’t AG and put them away as well. Anyway what’s up with AG is it supposed to be like the sample photos to the tee? Also am I expected to get every cart from the truck pushed in such a short shift? I’m scheduled for it for the next couple weeks. Tell me your AG stories as well if you like!

Last edited:
My store is very big on no backstock right now with Christmas type things
So they started building little displays of Christmas plastic on the floor
Not on a pallet but just straight on the ground with a sign next to it.
I personally think it looks kinda trashy but hey what do i know

Nope. Everything is flexed so the presentation is full and impactful. It's selling like crazy here. My AG person is a magician and fluffs it and rearranges as she finds new stuff. No backstock at all. But I've got all the bins on a flat so she can find everything and just drag it from fixture to fixture.

Use pictures as a guide only, point is that Anything you put there should follow the theme. We use one metro rack for all things amplified and each day push out whatever fits. Scan for more, pull all, put on rack, push out as much as we can, rinse and repeat the next day. If you keep em themed and as full as possible you are doing great.

While on this topic: who in you guys' stores is responsible for pushing AG from the truck? Neither our ETL LOG or ETL SF will take responsibility for it so we probably have two weeks worth of unpushed freight floating around (on top of the overflowing backroom area for it). Hot mess.

We have a couple people per day dedicated to AF but the ETL SF says they aren't responsible for truck push, only zoning and replenishment from the BR.

In our store, they have one of the softlines girls mainly in charge of Amplified, as 90% of the Gifting is in Softlines. She said they have things in the softlines area of the main stockroom not scanned into location but that she just pulls visually as she needs stuff and it goes out well.

I'm in kitchen and small appliance and get a shit load of those coffee mugs in my freight and i just found a TON of coffee mugs that i had to pull out of my area of the stockroom and pile into a three-tier JUST to have room to backstock my shit lol everyone sees the fill group "HOME" if they get them in their freight so they put it in the "home" area of the stockroom and im at my wits end, but i digress.

Ag is the worst shit ever! It blocks path ways and makes return carts at guest service even worse! It’s very tedious and very detailed gosh I hate this stuff!1

I'm in ship from store for the holidays and for the love of GOD please push everything you possibly can cause it's easier to find an item flexed on the floor than to find it inside a repack in the backroom.

Also, as a plano tm, our store didn't have a good chunk of the merchandise to start with, and now we are getting some of it in for the first time, and also sold out of some of the original stuff. And we never received some of the fixtures we were supposed to get. Amplified gifting, at my store at least, was never able to be set as intended, so it's just "put it where it makes sense."

As far as who does AG, last year it was a softlines lady, but this year we have a girl from beauty and I think it's better (in my store at least) to have a hardlines person because she keeps a very minimal amount of stuff staged in the backroom, and understands that things need to be shoppable OR somewhere we can find them for guests. Our softlines team.... if something isn't on the floor, "we don't have it." But they are taking up 50% of our backroom with stuff guests will likely never see. Softlines go salvage and die in our backroom.

The Amplified Gifting towers will be planogrammed throughout the store after the season is over. My POGs have two bookcases and a cart for yoga mats, kind granola, and bonus sizes of vitamins. They are called "EF Towers", but the product doesn't make sense to be between E and F. Does anyone know where the carts are supposed to be placed in the store?

Makes sense in my store. E is the home for Yoga mats, and F has mini, which will be New Year, New You.

The EF doesn't stand for where in the store it goes. EF means extensive (or maybe extended?) fixture; why Spot decided to label it that way is beyond me but we all know how much they love using acronyms. If you look up the Amplified Gifting get-out guide/VMG on WorkBench it will give you a map of where these fixture clusters go. One goes up front near the entrance, one near Market, a couple of the towers stay in softlines and reset, 2 t-frames and a cart go to Seasonal permanently. Not sure about the remaining fixtures as these are the only new pogs I've come across so far, but it should be listed in the guide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back