Archived Another classic return

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxTheDudexx

Front of Store Attendant
Today I had a Guest Service shift. So I was over talking at the check lanes to ask my GSTL a question about something. I come back to see the photo lab had shifted over to fill in for me and the guy accepted a return on a 200 dollar mini refrigerator just sitting in a cart with no box, instruction manual, etc. Mind you this man has such a laid back, care free, give a [expletive] way about him and to add, he's a bit old (guessing 60 + years old). I immediately looked it over when I got back. It was clearly beaten to a pulp, had mold inside,, rings from what could only be pop or beer 12oz cans and had dust all over it, and was clearly used for several years. When I asked him what the story was behind it? He said he just bought it a week ago and it stopped working so he returned it just on the receipt. I immediately face palmed and called my GSTL over. There's a loss. That guy clearly made of returning his old fridge that was replaced. I'd have never accepted such a return. It was so obvious. When my GSTL came over she looked it over and immediately agreed. To photo lab team member was like, I think we've been had. I wanted to say "Oh really? Did you just think of that now or before you accepted the return?"

Policy is "new and unused". Of course there are exceptions, but this would've been a big no-no.

I complain about my LODs all the time, but they are usually pretty good when it comes to the service desk. I know the desk and the policies (return, ad match, missed coupon, wrong price, exchange, etc.), so when I call an LOD up, they know that it's an irate guest.

I do have one LOD who allows returns on used cds and dvds because they "stopped working" and the closest one is 10 miles away. Dummy!

I complain about my LODs all the time, but they are usually pretty good when it comes to the service desk. I know the desk and the policies (return, ad match, missed coupon, wrong price, exchange, etc.), so when I call an LOD up, they know that it's an irate guest.

I do have one LOD who allows returns on used cds and dvds because they "stopped working" and the closest one is 10 miles away. Dummy!

Our new ETL-GE has asked us to try not calling the LOD if at all possible. He understands that we know more about SD than any of the Sr-TL's or ETL's. He has also empowered us GSTL's to refer to ourselves as "front end managers" to the guests to try and keep our issues with the people that can deal with it.

I did that once when the LOD didn't want to come "aaaaaall the way from the backroom" for something he knew I could handle.
After the guest ripped me a new one, she went online & left an ugly diatribe under the comments (suggesting that corp call her for the FULL story).
Never heard from leadership but they don't pay me enough to endure that kinda crap.

I had a service desk shift yesterday (I love those!) and our ebay guy came in. Nobody likes doing returns for him, because he admits he buys things on sale, goes onto ebay and sells them for more than he bought them for, and whatever doesn't sell he returns for cash. He's not using coupons, so it's not like he's really scamming the system.

But, anyway, (I'm sorry, I'm tired this morning, so I'm slightly scatterbrained). He came in yesterday and I had to refuse most of his order because everything had a WalMart/JCP/Kohls sticker on it. He tried to get me to call the manager, but I told him no. He's been at my store long enough to know that I'm a GSA (and in my store, we're considered underpaid overworked front end managers). I told him to return them to their respective stores. He called me a bad word(ing) bad word and I said, "Now do you want me to call a manager? That's grounds for being asked to leave tonight." He backpedaled and apologized and then ran to do his shopping.

Sometimes I love being me and a bad word(ing) bad word. :angel:

But, anyway, (I'm sorry, I'm tired this morning, so I'm slightly scatterbrained). He came in yesterday and I had to refuse most of his order because everything had a WalMart/JCP/Kohls sticker on it. He tried to get me to call the manager, but I told him no. He's been at my store long enough to know that I'm a GSA (and in my store, we're considered underpaid overworked front end managers). I told him to return them to their respective stores. He called me a bad word(ing) bad word and I said, "Now do you want me to call a manager? That's grounds for being asked to leave tonight." He backpedaled and apologized and then ran to do his shopping.

He is scamming the system if he's returning something he did not buy at target to target. Its called return fraud.

He called me a bad word(ing) bad word and I said, "Now do you want me to call a manager? That's grounds for being asked to leave tonight." He backpedaled and apologized and then ran to do his shopping.
"I may be a *****ing *****, but you're an obnoxious jerk who only picks on girls."

Oh, he picks on everyone. :)

And ap215, he was TRYING to return the items. He never actually got to. :) :) :)

Our new ETL-GE has asked us to try not calling the LOD if at all possible. He understands that we know more about SD than any of the Sr-TL's or ETL's. He has also empowered us GSTL's to refer to ourselves as "front end managers" to the guests to try and keep our issues with the people that can deal with it.

Our GSTLs tell guests that they are [M-word]s, but the GSAs identify themselves as merely "supervisors" and offer to call the LOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back