Archived Another failed collaboration

Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh? Why does it have such a short return policy? It’s clothing :O

Interesting it says REDcard holders receive an additional 30 days and not purchases made with a REDcard. Probably means very little to most but for someone who has a REDcard but doesn't use it, it could be significant.
I believe theymean paid with redcard. POS would deny it with another card.

No as the receipt will say return by XXX.
The receipt says that with the original (non-extended) return date on anything I've ever bought even if I paid with a red card (which has always bothered me that it doesn't show the +30 days). So that would mean nothing at all, truly.
It's arguable because of the wording used in the officially posted return policy as screenshotted above.
In the general return policy, it specifies the purchase must be made with the REDcard to receive the extra time. However this is a separately presented policy with its own REDcard 30 days extension policy that doesn't actually mention purchase method at all.

The receipt says that with the original (non-extended) return date on anything I've ever bought even if I paid with a red card (which has always bothered me that it doesn't show the +30 days). So that would mean nothing at all, truly.
It's arguable because of the wording used in the officially posted return policy as screenshotted above.
In the general return policy, it specifies the purchase must be made with the REDcard to receive the extra time. However this is a separately presented policy with its own REDcard 30 days extension policy that doesn't actually mention purchase method at all.
Well the issue becomes POS will outright deny the return “refund declined give merchandise back” leaving the only option to be a no receipt return on merch card (yes that can be overridden but I know my store wouldn’t).

Perhaps they’ll update the return policy as the date gets closer to clarify.

For most electronic items specify a return by date the extra 30 day Redcard return extension does not apply. I'm not sure if this will be the case for the upcoming release.

"Target.com never crashed, but "there was extreme traffic" to the site, said Target spokesman Joshua Thomas. The company intentionally made the site inaccessible for about 15 minutes around 3 a.m. ET, he said. "

:eyeroll: to Target

Their stuff isn’t cheap, but I don’t think it’s expensive enough for people to go to Target instead. If people want Vineyard Vines, they’ll get the real thing.

Now Lilly Pulitzer is a different story, their stuff is exorbitantly expensive.

Their stuff isn’t cheap, but I don’t think it’s expensive enough for people to go to Target instead. If people want Vineyard Vines, they’ll get the real thing.

Now Lilly Pulitzer is a different story, their stuff is exorbitantly expensive.

What's expensive or isn't is very subjective. I think both Lily Pulitzer & Vineyard Vines are expensive. When Target does these collaborations it's not really for the people who already buy the name brand authentic versions. It's for the people who may have heard of it but can't afford it at those prices. People, like me, who grew up wanting the classic Adidas shoes everyone seemed to have but having to settle for the not-even-close Target knock-offs. Or people who now have kids, also like me, and can't justify spending almost $100 on one clothing item anymore like they used to. A collaboration like this brings costlier items down to a reasonable price for them.

I don't know how that went for you, but it was a complete success at our location. This one will be as well. I'm going for some cute whale logo stuff.
No sorry! The product sold like crazy at my store I just mean the quality and availability. The overall sales were great but the launch and implementation was a flop. I think we were the only two store in the district to get it and we only had about 50% of what we were supposed to have due to all the women boots recall right before launch.

I have to say I disagree.. I don’t really consider the past collabs as “failures” either as they did very strong in sales. Sure there may be things to prevent it from being a flawless launch which is probably what you’re looking for. Let’s be honest brand launches are tricky but those are minor issues that I wouldn’t say make the collab “fail”. I don’t think it’s fair to speak poorly about it before it even launches.

I have to say I disagree.. I don’t really consider the past collabs as “failures” either as they did very strong in sales. Sure there may be things to prevent it from being a flawless launch which is probably what you’re looking for. Let’s be honest brand launches are tricky but those are minor issues that I wouldn’t say make the collab “fail”. I don’t think it’s fair to speak poorly about it before it even launches.
Specifically referring to hunter. Half the items were pulled and recalled two days before a major launch. I would call that a fail.

Interesting it says REDcard holders receive an additional 30 days and not purchases made with a REDcard. Probably means very little to most but for someone who has a REDcard but doesn't use it, it could be significant.

no. our standard return policy still applies.

no. our standard return policy still applies.

View attachment 7346
As (poorly) written: It's an explicitly, separately stated return policy for the one line of products. By simply saying the standard return policy applies, then you could ignore the 14 vs 90 days too as that part doesn't match the standard policy either. See how that just doesn't work?
I also specifically mentioned that it explicitly says "purchased with their REDcard" in the standard return policy. I'm sure they meant it that was for this as well. However, what is actually written explicitly says card HOLDERS gets an additional 30 days with no mention of a required purchase method.

Target is tired of the resellers. That is why they've put a cap on it for this collaboration. Anything the resalers pickup, and doesn't sell -- they'll be stuck with. Oh well. Too Bad. So sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back