COVID-19 Any employees test positive for COVID-19?

I’m shocked our cases took as long as they did. I’m in a high case state and county that is chock full of people who refuse to wear a mask because freedom.

Not many targets making this public anymore

Target has serious problem. We don't have a re admission/re admittance policy in place to cover Team Members returning from vacations, leave of absences, and any other type of temporary separation.

We had a team member who recently vacationed at an emerging hotspot . Two days after returning to work, a family member who was on the trip fell ill. They are all now under quarantine. I cannot confirm how many in the family tested positive either. But we were informed that a Team Member did test positive.

Our state has an emergency travel restriction in place when entering the state, a two week self quarantine. It has provisions that cover all types and purposes so it is not unreasonable to say the least.

Team Members and Guest were exposed. As of a week later, thank God no one has shown any symptoms. Our first Team Member test will be this Tuesday regarding this encounter. The cost burden will fall on the Team Member.

A positive test will most likely result in some serious problems for our store and Target in general due to this lapse of protocol.

On a positive note, once our leadership learned of this gap, they immediately forwarded all information to corporate. That was Friday.

If Target doesn't respond quickly, we all might be subjected to an unintentional blindsided exposure regardless of what measures we have undertaken to prevent it.

If Target won't honor a two week quarantine following travel then the TM can't really be blamed. If the TM is fired for not showing up after vacation ended because there's no requirement for a store to honor a travel quarantine the TM would not qualify for unemployment.

And what is the plan if a TM cannot cover the cost of a mandatory test? Do they get exempted from the so-called mandatory test? Are they fired for not taking the test they can't afford?

My store had yet another positive case. I feel really bad for whoever it is but I am also glad it ain't me. Told me right before I clocked in. After I did clock in they gave me some wipes and made me run around the backroom and the breakroom wiping everything down i could potentially touch before I got my real work done. They couldn't even be bothered to give me a real cleaner and sanitizer the bitches and bastards.

If Target won't honor a two week quarantine following travel then the TM can't really be blamed. If the TM is fired for not showing up after vacation ended because there's no requirement for a store to honor a travel quarantine the TM would not qualify for unemployment.

And what is the plan if a TM cannot cover the cost of a mandatory test? Do they get exempted from the so-called mandatory test? Are they fired for not taking the test they can't afford?

The irony is that under current conditions, a voluntary quarantine woul be honored without question. Your hours and position would be held for you until the time has passed.

The real problem is that Target has NO policy in place.

As for pay and out pocket compensation, that would have a lot of variables as to whether you would be eligible based on the circumstances of why you where off and where you traveled.

Target has a huge liability issue given the circumstances in my store's case.

We had our first case just over a week ago and are now up to 5 cases for our store. Masks for our area of the state were mandated by the mayor starting this past week. Most guests (and vendors) are wearing them. We do get a few that don’t have one on or they have it pulled down so their nose (and sometimes mouth) aren’t even covered. (I’m looking at you Pepsi vendor. Next time I will say something to you, and to my etl, if you are wearing it wrong.)

Hard to guess who has it because so many are taking LOA or are calling out because they are afraid to come to work.

I don't, but my state has the quarantine requirement so perhaps it depends where you live.

We do as well, but my leadership could not find anything on it regarding what to do at the store level. So they forwarded the emergency order to corporate for guidance.

My store has a sign by the time clock with a list of states and a statement making it clear that people returning from these states must quarantine themselves for two weeks
If I hypothetically returned from one of those states less than 2 weeks ago would I be required to enter quarantine for the remainder of the time? Just wondering

I know one TM who was in Seattle during March and when he returned, he had a 2 week quarantine that was paid. Our governor did mandate quarantining after out-of-state travel though.

found out my stl went on vacation to mexico ???

and i guess he had to quarantine before crossing the border and after or smth?

but like what kind of dumbass goes to another country DURING A PANDEMIC

One who had already paid for everything months ahead of time and can't get their money back?
One of my coworkers is stuck in that position.
His best friend is getting married in Aruba end of the month.
It has been planned since December, there have been rooms in a swanky resort paid for months in advance.
Apparently Covid is not considered a good reason to cancel your stay.

One who had already paid for everything months ahead of time and can't get their money back?
One of my coworkers is stuck in that position.
His best friend is getting married in Aruba end of the month.
It has been planned since December, there have been rooms in a swanky resort paid for months in advance.
Apparently Covid is not considered a good reason to cancel your stay.
im pretty sure an stl can afford to take the hit when their health can be at risk

my 2 friends w far less money than an stl had to cancel their trips to visit me. coming from canada and especially australia is not a cheap trip. they managed to cancel some stuff, but they had to take a hit too

How is another country more dangerous than traveling within the US?
i also dont condone any traveling within the us

people in my state be like "well if x state is more open imma just go vacation there!!!"

and its these exact people who go UGHHH IM SO TIRED OF THESE MASKSSSSSSSSSS I DONT WANNA WEAR THEM

and its even more fucked up to travel to another country because if they spread smth there its just fucking them over too

Back