COVID-19 Any other stores being cleaned out of cleaning products?

Midwest here. We've been out of face masks for weeks. And the hand sanitizer has disappeared except for some of the tiny 2 oz. bottles. Don't know about cleaning supplies, but we've been selling more liquid hand soap than usual.

Had a conversation with guest today about how wearing a mask doesn't help a healthy person stay healthy. Had another conversation with a guest who pointed out that given how many people don't get a flu shot, why were they in a panic about this new virus?

From co-workers today, Sunday isn't much better cause the shelves are still empty and the little we are getting to back fill from normal sales is already long gone.

The said part is that stores that are getting wiped out will get tons of the crap that we will never sell.

Came across a guest with a broom trying to reach a canister of bleach wipes at the back of the top shelf.
She couldn't get it to come forward & she looked like she was about to climb the shelves when I stopped her & offered to get them for her.
At the very least I averted a Code Green :rolleyes:

Midwest here. They aren't buying us out of house and home, but we're starting to have trouble keeping up with OPU's and flexis, and you can tell Shipt is getting busy too. I'm kind of surprised because we do have a large Chinese population in our city and I'd think people would be more concerned.
I'm confused. Why would they be "more concerned" because they are Chinese? They aren't in China, and "Chinese" are no more likely to contract this in the US then any other ethnic group.

I'm confused. Why would they be "more concerned" because they are Chinese? They aren't in China, and "Chinese" are no more likely to contract this in the US then any other ethnic group.

But they *might* be more likely to have recently traveled to China if that's where they have extended family living.

Not saying this is the soundest argument but I can see where (I think) OP was coming from.

Or they understand the way their media works that news is getting out that they should be really worried if normally things like this don't get out to the rest of the worlds news.

Because they may have traveled back and forth from China and brought back coronavirus? Either from where they visited or from other people traveling in the same plane.

Not saying it’s the soundest argument but the media is fearmongering worse than they would if this wasn’t an election year.

88360930_1229340413941527_349769638231408640_o.jpg

Back