Archived Anybody else switching to "Guest Centered" scheduling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The blatant manipulating of the numbers is starting to get to me too. Tying multiple salesplanners into endcaps and then not setting them because no one has time to do it may make the percentage look good, but it creates a total nightmare for the floor and backroom.

Creating more work to game the system is one of my pet peeves. A friend of mine works at a store that has their instocks team switch between research and exf so they can drive down their "% with locs" score and the ETL staff complains that they aren't getting as many scans done now. When it comes to faking salesplanners, I break the ties any time I discover them. I am not going to have my CAFs/Research batches thrown off just to make the TWT look good. That, and the amount of time wasted by sales floor and flow team members trying to find endcaps that aren't there.

I hope you're letting someone know that you're untying their salesplanners. You're getting someone else in trouble when the ETLs or STL see that there are salesplanners showing up as not tied.

should've I agree. But there are times when setting a salesplanner would mean leaving an endcap empty. Ideally the TL of the area should be untying any faked endcaps after their set date and setting them again when there's actually product, but with ETLs telling you that all of your salesplanners have to be tied no matter what...you do what you gotta do.

should've I agree. But there are times when setting a salesplanner would mean leaving an endcap empty. Ideally the TL of the area should be untying any faked endcaps after their set date and setting them again when there's actually product, but with ETLs telling you that all of your salesplanners have to be tied no matter what...you do what you gotta do.

True. But if the endcap will be empty for a day or longer, they could flex in other product until the SPL product is available.

True. But if the endcap will be empty for a day or longer, they could flex in other product until the SPL product is available.
Also true. But then you still have the same problem of flow or whoever is pushing not realizing that the product or how many eaches actually go on that endcap since it has been flexed around. This topic has been hashed out in several other threads. I fear we're hijacking this one.

I believe this is primarily for low volume stores.

We're moving to this soon, and we're a top-10 store. Any idea how this will affect PA and instocks which currently start before open?

Yeah, its definitely not just low volume stores.

From what I understand, only Hardlines, Softlines, and Cashier schedules will be affected by this. Could be wrong though.

I got to experience writing a schedule according to guest driven scheduling. It was so hard to write! Trying to reach the correct fill to need was tricky. I only had to make sure the percentages were right for sales floor (not including Hardlines, softlines, electronics).

Also true. But then you still have the same problem of flow or whoever is pushing not realizing that the product or how many eaches actually go on that endcap since it has been flexed around. This topic has been hashed out in several other threads. I fear we're hijacking this one.

My final two cents: It's all about communication. The TL who "owns" the endcap should be communicating with the flow TL so flow knows how to handle it. But who am I kidding? This is Target we're talking about.

Anyways, back to the original topic...

I realize the priority for all TMs is guest service, but guest-driven scheduling for the sales floor will have a negative impact on zones and whatnot. For example, only the TM in HBA is closing, but toys got destroyed after the TM who zoned it left. And what about ad takedown on Saturday nights? You can't just have one TM take down the entire store's ad signs.

Our zone is bad enough already that I think this change will only make things worse. I can't see anyone actually zoning during the day and even late shifts are going to be less efficient because, let's face it, a zoner who leaves at a set time (1/2 an hour before closing, for example) is very often less efficient in their last half an hour to an hour. I've seen this over and over, and I think it has a lot to do with the fact that expectations are so messed up. Set too high, but then you're praised for doing a fast but shoddy job.

My store is going to do this starting this week, so it will be on our new schedule. Sounds kind of scary, or at least my TL seemed kind of scared. He made it sound like stores might not have ability to make changes. Also it sounds like I might lose my weekends off, or might be scheduled in other work centers based on what I am crossed train in. Any thoughts or experiences with this new process? I am just afraid I am going to lose hours, as I need a minimum of 35 to survive.

My store started to implement it with this week's schedule. So far, I've been given two 5.75 cashing shifts (firstworldproblems), a market shift (I almost never get scheduled in market), and one of those mid-day hardlines shifts. At this point, the sample size is too small to really make a judgement.

My store doesn't have salesfloor TMs until 10am. Flow comes in at 7:30 and is expected to cover until 10. Use to come in at 6am and SF at 8 when I first started. Pisses me off back in Electronics being the only person there til 10 then they complain about electronics scores.

It seems my store's doing this. there's a bajillion TMs on the floor up until about 6pm, then down to five TMs and one or two cashiers

My store rolls this out next week. Should be interesting. Management is of course positive but those I'm friends with are kinda scratching their heads and crossing their fingers. I guess there's a lot of conflict in scheduling at my store. We're not necessarily a college town but a majority of our salesfloor is in school. More mids? Good luck with that.

And what about ad takedown on Saturday nights? You can't just have one TM take down the entire store's ad signs.

At my store they will be going to a completely overnight process. Like an overnight TM, scheduled 10pm-6am or whatever for that Saturday/Sunday. the Ad team would take down all signs and put up the new batch all in one night. Takes away having to schedule special closers on Saturdays and openers Sundays.

And what about ad takedown on Saturday nights? You can't just have one TM take down the entire store's ad signs.

At my store they will be going to a completely overnight process. Like an overnight TM, scheduled 10pm-6am or whatever for that Saturday/Sunday. the Ad team would take down all signs and put up the new batch all in one night. Takes away having to schedule special closers on Saturdays and openers Sundays.

That's what we did at my store before they slashed payroll. Other than the shortage of PDAs overnight, it worked really well. When we closed on Saturdays, we could spend more time on our zones and re-shop and not leave the store looking like a tornado went through it.

For takedown, they usually have at least one person in each area (red, green, blue, softlines). We never do whatever it is you guys do with the PDAs in softlines. Someone else does that part and we just take em down and throw em out.

For takedown, they usually have at least one person in each area (red, green, blue, softlines). We never do whatever it is you guys do with the PDAs in softlines. Someone else does that part and we just take em down and throw em out.

We do the same thing for softlines. Whoever has the PDA keys out all the signs and the team takes them down and tosses them. I had to help key out the softlines ad a few times when hardlines finished early. It. Took. Forever.

It rolled out in our store and it's terrible. So glad I went back to the front end. We've cut back by one or two closing TMs every night in order to increase our number of mids... A direct quote from my ETL when we were leaving last night: "I looked at who was on the grid tonight and we were so short I wanted to cry."

It rolled out in our store and it's terrible. So glad I went back to the front end. We've cut back by one or two closing TMs every night in order to increase our number of mids... A direct quote from my ETL when we were leaving last night: "I looked at who was on the grid tonight and we were so short I wanted to cry."

We had 5 call outs, tonight.

My stores been doing this for about a week now, Haven't even been coming close to clean. I walked in this morning and there was at least 20 Full/half full Abandon carts at the service desk. But then again it would work if ETL's did anything to help but they don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back