Archived Anybody else switching to "Guest Centered" scheduling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store is going to do this starting this week, so it will be on our new schedule. Sounds kind of scary, or at least my TL seemed kind of scared. He made it sound like stores might not have ability to make changes. Also it sounds like I might lose my weekends off, or might be scheduled in other work centers based on what I am crossed train in. Any thoughts or experiences with this new process? I am just afraid I am going to lose hours, as I need a minimum of 35 to survive.

So far I've been doing alright in hours, but I'm no longer in any consistent area. Did presentation the last two weeks (which I like), with a few cashier shifts every week (Which everyone knows I don't like and also knows won't get a substantial amount of redcards), with the rogue sales floor shift thrown it. What bums me the most is that I'm technically sales floor, and would much rather have sales floor shifts than cashier shifts, but they've been giving all of the sales floor shifts to the noobs. Granted it's between doing something I hate or doing nothing and making no money to show for it. Of course this week I'm going to be doing closing meat shifts, which I don't particularly enjoy (I loves me truck unload for meat, but not closing), however the meat TL lost a bunch of people and needs the help, and I respect her so I have no qualms closing in meat considering the alternative right now is to not have a closer at all.

Anyway, the point is, to keep hours, learn as many areas as possible. I've already talked to some other TM's that aren't cross trained everywhere that have had their hours leeched by the sea of seasonal noobs.

I've worked in as many as 5 different work centers in a week & as many as 3 different centers in a DAY, hence the nickname "Flo Ho".

With my store I am on the brink of losing hours. Our new HR doesn't understand why I'm scheduled for 30ish hours and other cashiers get 12-18 hours a week. My HR clerical has been told to keep hours for me more "in-line" with the other cashiers. Thankfully my HR clerical is good to me as we both help one another out. So, with this new scheduling she's been doing her best when having to "tweak" the schedule and getting me hours.

I've got full-time health insurance benefits and need to get 31.5 hours a week to remain with my benefits. However, the new HR says that "we don't have any full time Team members." Well, I've been with my store for over seven years and have had enough hours to keep my benefits all this time. So, if my new HR thinks she's going to mess with my hours, to get me as "part-time," she's going to have one heck of a time dealing with me.

HR clerical has said that there are a few other TMs that are in the same boat as I am, so at least I'm not the only one that has to have hours.
Assuming that my job search is successful then I won't have to worry about this, but in the short term, I'm not going to get screwed because of my HR.

Oh, since I have lots of personal holiday hours I've been using them to keep my hours up....because if I don't use these hours, I don't get paid for them when I leave!

With my store I am on the brink of losing hours. Our new HR doesn't understand why I'm scheduled for 30ish hours and other cashiers get 12-18 hours a week. My HR clerical has been told to keep hours for me more "in-line" with the other cashiers. Thankfully my HR clerical is good to me as we both help one another out. So, with this new scheduling she's been doing her best when having to "tweak" the schedule and getting me hours.

I've got full-time health insurance benefits and need to get 31.5 hours a week to remain with my benefits. However, the new HR says that "we don't have any full time Team members." Well, I've been with my store for over seven years and have had enough hours to keep my benefits all this time. So, if my new HR thinks she's going to mess with my hours, to get me as "part-time," she's going to have one heck of a time dealing with me.

HR clerical has said that there are a few other TMs that are in the same boat as I am, so at least I'm not the only one that has to have hours.
Assuming that my job search is successful then I won't have to worry about this, but in the short term, I'm not going to get screwed because of my HR.

Unless it has changed, after so many years, if you qualified for the benefits you will keep the benefits despite no longer being "full time". It happened for me. And you use the vacation hours when you give your two weeks notice so that you don't actually have to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back