Archived Anyone else hate vendors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our bread vendors do such a lousy job. They never keep the aisle full. If a vendor does bring in enough product, than the next week they will be out of stock. I constantly have to give them red on the survey. The Thomas vendor is approaching 5 weeks red.

The RMS lady for me is a pain in the ass.

I liked the bread vendors because they didn't need to be checked in. I could let them in and then they'd fuck off. Hated the old greeting card lady. Slowly scuffling around and looking for her shit. Always in my way.

My Apple vendor is a dick. Our displays have been broken for as long as I can remember and the guy keeps telling us to fix them.

No..that's your job.

If the iphone 7 didn't come out, we'd have never gotten working ones in.

I don't deal with the vendors, but every time I have to deal with one it never seems to go well.

A few weeks ago a wasp got into the dock/backroom area. It flew near me, and my phobia to the little shits kicked in and so I fled. Pepsi guy starts mocking me, loudly, in front of the TMs working in the back. "It won't sting you!" he said it like he was talking to a baby. I told him I didn't feel like rolling the dice on a $300 Epi-pen. The look on his face made it worth the lie. Then I told him I prefer Coke. That one's true.

One day I was covering a fifteen minute break for Electronics. Bose vendor walks up and starts screaming at me that the headphones display wasn't illuminated. The headphones worked, just the backdrop on the display wasn't working. I called the PMT, who came over, saw the vendor, and said "Oh, you again," and walked away. She demanded I fix it for her. I said I didn't have the tools. I had to call the LOD to calm the vendor down.

Havent ran into one yet. Lol except the greeting cards vendor.

I miss seeing our greeting card vendor. When I used to open in hardlines, she would always say hello to me, and if I was working stationery re-shop, she would take any cards and envelopes I had so I wouldn't have to deal with them.

My Apple vendor is a dick. Our displays have been broken for as long as I can remember and the guy keeps telling us to fix them.

No..that's your job.

If the iphone 7 didn't come out, we'd have never gotten working ones in.

They bitch at us cause they kept being stolen.

Why I hate vendors part 2-

Today some random vendor takes a guest past the wondershop into furniture to ask me where the Christmas cards are....so the guest and I had to walk alllll the way back to where she came came from. People can't shop for themseleves anymore.

Were all pretty good friends. I dont mind most of them, we make sure they understand that our space comes first and make way because were not slowing down and theyd better not take a flat that we need. 99% of them understand our message. The other 1% are new guys

we had one didn't know how coupons worked and told every one limit 4 meant they can use one coupon on 4. i had a hard time explaining that no this person doesn't work for target and they're an idiot.

we barely have any good ones. coke was awesome and we gave them extra space. they can barely keep their home locations stocked.

Love our new jewelry vendor. She does an awesome job and checks in with us when she's in store. Know her by name now and she always has a smile. Being on the SL side though... we seriously don't deal with as many vendors as those of you on the HL side. ;)

I don't hate them. I don't hate anyone. I strongly dislike some but not hate. We have one who will all but demand you stop what you are doing and pull product for her. Well actually she does demand it . Nothing you ever do is good enough for her . When we ( backroom team) see her coming ..w.e all vanish down the aisles...then hope and pray she doesn't come by our aisle first. Sometimes., I get lucky and she bothers someone else. For, the most part I have no issues we vendors. Some of them I know by name. I know about their lives, kids spouse etc. Vendors are kinda like fellow tms...some are pains in the hiney while others make life a little more bearable .

All of the vendors at my store are fairly nice, I'm a HLTM so I deal with them a bit more than others and I've gotten to know some of them. After they check in they usually fuck off (in the good kind of fuck off) to their areas and do what they need to. Some of them may be on their phones the whole time, but they do their job in a quick and clean manner, load up, and then move onto the next location. It's the cleaning crew at my store I can't handle.

As someone who's intimately familiar both sides of the fence (Logistics TL turned Coke merchandiser) I will say that soda is hard. Fucking hard man. I was averaging 12 hour days slinging 12-packs (amongst approximately 13,502 other products), building displays, pulling pallets that weigh LITERALLY ONE TON (one 12-pack weighs 10 pounds * 16 per layer * 10-12 layers per pallet). Ad Sunday? Your workload is effectively doubled. Summer months? 14-15 hour days if you end up picking up a store to help a teammate who's fallen behind.

Target is most certainly one of the harder stores to work in a route. I had the very unfortunate tidings of having a store on my route whose deliveries fell around the 7:30am mark. This store was a AA volume Super and made me put all those pallets on a flat to haul across the entire store. Literally, their loading dock was on the complete opposite fucking side from market (Target Minnetonka, eat a dick).

As much as I bitched under my breath (merciless LODs told me to turn around in my tracks, halfway through the store, at 8:02 to take my pallet BACK to the backroom and put it on a flat) I always remembered my Target expectations of my own merchandisers, and how brand is everything. I understand why merchandisers without A) the Target experience, or B) the work ethic tend to do a much more subpar job of maintaining their backstock, rotating product, and even just filling shelves because the job breaks you down physically and mentally.

Side note, it's pretty common in merchandiser circles (at least in the MN metro) to have a Crown key and a morning crew that is either too busy or willing to turn a blind eye, so at least we can rack/derack/offload our own pallets without having to call daddy over with the Crown. That's in like 85% of stores.

one of the Coke guys is pretty cute too
hey girl ;P

Our latest issue is vendors not signing in and not wearing the nametags we give them.

Ever since we had guest snoop in our backroom trying to find Hatchimals we are cracking down on people not wearing nametags.

Our latest issue is vendors not signing in and not wearing the nametags we give them.

Ever since we had guest snoop in our backroom trying to find Hatchimals we are cracking down on people not wearing nametags.

I remember that being an issue at my store for a while until the STL announced that we wouldn't be letting anyone on the floor without a tag and the ETLs started enforcing it.

I am pretty friendly with the coke a cola vendor. He does our Target and the wegmans I work at among other local stores. I always fill his Deli order. :)

I can't stand our Excell vendor. She will throw literally hundreds of those blind bags on various back endcaps, behind the toys on the shelves as a way of hiding them, etc. Our Nintendo vendor used to be cool but he's recently started talking down to us like we're a bunch of morons despite us doing everything he's asked us to do between visits. The only vendor I really like with whom I interact on a regular basis is our greeting card lady, she is honestly one of the nicest people I've met. Oh, and the guy who brings in the magazines, he's pretty awesome.

Last edited:
So yesterday- I got all bundled up in the freezer and a vendor comes in there. I am like do you need help with something???? Wtf why are you even in here. She was like I need someone to adjust inventory counts. I'm thinking am I the only person in the building???? So I go out there and do it. She never seems apologetic that I left what I was doing for her. I was pissed.

Then I am pulling CAFS and another vendor specifically comes flags me down for non grocery inventory counts. I was so pissed.

So yesterday- I got all bundled up in the freezer and a vendor comes in there. I am like do you need help with something???? Wtf why are you even in here. She was like I need someone to adjust inventory counts. I'm thinking am I the only person in the building???? So I go out there and do it. She never seems apologetic that I left what I was doing for her. I was pissed.

Then I am pulling CAFS and another vendor specifically comes flags me down for non grocery inventory counts. I was so pissed.
Happens to me all the time. Most of them time, I politely make them wait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back