Archived Anyone's store have any female flow/backroom TMs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My store won't hire any females for the BR or put any female FLOW tm in the backroom. It suck, the TL says it's because they would be a distraction to all the guys back there, and I guess he's kinda right from what I've seen in our br but still.

Does you stores have any Female backroom tms?

My store has flow TMs. Granted, most of them do softlines...

No backroom TMs are backroom as far as I'm aware

Lol one of my stores had a model quality female backroom TM. Definitely a distraction I'm sure ;)

My store won't hire any females for the BR or put any female FLOW tm in the backroom. It suck, the TL says it's because they would be a distraction to all the guys back there, and I guess he's kinda right from what I've seen in our br but still.

Yes our receiver is female, we had one lady who trained me on a few things before she left and currently we have two dayside.. But none that I know of overnight for backroom. Flow to push yes HBA, Electronics and soft lines.

yes we have maybe 8 or 9 women and half of them are softlines flow though. In the backroom, you can't exactly call for team lifts on everything so you'd have to be a woman who could lift a good chunk of weight to be considered. We do have one woman back there who seems to do fine, but just today I had to lift a case for her.

Women account for ~75% of the flow team at my store.
The backroom team is probably ~60% women.

Former store there are...1 current and 1 former backroom TM I can think of, our reciever, and probably at least 8 women on the flow team.

I started as an overnight backroom team member. My pull times were just if not BETTER than the other BR guys. I've also done flow, being part of the main wave, btw i use to hate processing softlines :/

We had a number of female flow TMs and three BR TMs.
In some cases the flow TM were the wives and sisters of other members of the team.
They worked just as hard or harder than the other TMs.

My store has a lot of female flow TMs.

If this all is true, what your store is doing is highly illegal. And the solution isn't to not hire women. The solution would be to get rid of the men who can't work with women without it being a distraction. This is 2014. People of both genders work together side by side every day without turning into something it isn't. This shouldn't be any different.

Two in BR. I'm not sure if they get scheduled together for auto fills on non-truck days. They only do early morning. Don't make bales. Not sure if they even check the baler.

Up until recently it was the entire flow team except for one.

Sounds more like a bullpen than a backroom.

If this all is true, what your store is doing is highly illegal. And the solution isn't to not hire women. The solution would be to get rid of the men who can't work with women without it being a distraction. This is 2014. People of both genders work together side by side every day without turning into something it isn't. This shouldn't be any different.

Well I think far more stores do the exact same thing by not having Females work Cart Attendant. My store(s) never had one. There was no resulting lawsuit that I am aware of either, so I'm not sure how legality plays into it.

Honestly I agree it sounds illegal though.

Maybe. My store does have have female flow tms but they're all 45+ ladies that only push softlines.

Well I think far more stores do the exact same thing by not having Females work Cart Attendant. My store(s) never had one. There was no resulting lawsuit that I am aware of either, so I'm not sure how legality plays into it.

Stores don't have female cart attendants because they would be a distraction to the male cart attendants? That I would have a hard time believing.

Stores don't have female cart attendants because they would be a distraction to the male cart attendants? That I would have a hard time believing.

No they're just not allowed to do it based on gender. Well they've never said that outright ,they'll just never have a female do it.

Go back to the original post...the OP said they don't have female backroom TMs because they would be a distraction. It has nothing to do with whether someone can do the work and everything to do with they are okay with their employees treating other employees like pieces of meat.

My store has a pretty even balance between male and female TMs in both flow and backroom. It works out just fine.

The "distraction" is just an excuse for shitty leadership. If your TLs and ETLs can't make the team focus on the task at hand rather than flirting with each other, they don't deserve to be in charge.

A store can't have a female cart attendant? My store has one and she does just fine. Some women can do manual labor and some can't. The same could be said for some men too.
My store has no females in the early morning backroom and two in backroom day.

What I want to know is why female backroom team members and female flow team members don't ever have to make bales, change out hanger boxes, get bags down, use the crown, etc...

Shouldn't backroom team members be trained equally no matter what type of anatomy they have?
Where is the equality here?

We have several women on our flow team, mostly for softlines and re-pack breakout. We also have at least two in the backroom. One of them pretty much did it all dayside - heavy lifting, bales, the works - but she defected to overnight.

We have women flow and BR TMs. Our receiving clerk is a woman. The women in the back room make bales and use all the equipment the men use. Women on the flow team work all over the store. Our BR & flow teams are awesome. They are the hardest working people in the store. I have so much respect for them and they have been so good to me.

on our flow team almost everybody outside of the wave is a woman. softlines, hba loose stock, cosmetics, repack breakout, stationery. We have guys do electronics though. Its just really hard to teach guys how to merchandise softlines and cosmetics because they NEVER buy those things so they really don't know what it should look like. We've occasionally had a guy push mens, but only in a pinch when softlines was HUGE. and almost all of our team leads have been women. we had one male flow team lead once, and he really struggled the whole time.

as far as backroom, women tend to be quicker at backstocking loose stock and pulling the more tedious batches, but when it comes to bowling out and putting up the truck, they're not as useful - all of that running up and down a ladder and lifting heavy boxes is hard for most of the female brtms we've worked with.

If in fact your TL said this, your store leader and TL would be in a boatload of trouble if a potential employee pursued this. Our flow team is more women than men right now. We have had women throw truck and work backside of the line. Of course we have females in the backroom, it is 2014 after all .

on our flow team almost everybody outside of the wave is a woman. softlines, hba loose stock, cosmetics, repack breakout, stationery. We have guys do electronics though. Its just really hard to teach guys how to merchandise softlines and cosmetics because they NEVER buy those things so they really don't know what it should look like. We've occasionally had a guy push mens, but only in a pinch when softlines was HUGE. and almost all of our team leads have been women. we had one male flow team lead once, and he really struggled the whole time.

as far as backroom, women tend to be quicker at backstocking loose stock and pulling the more tedious batches, but when it comes to bowling out and putting up the truck, they're not as useful - all of that running up and down a ladder and lifting heavy boxes is hard for most of the female brtms we've worked with.

I have less baffles YTD than both of ours. And our ETL-Log. And our BR/IS TL.

Some of my best Flow/BR TMs were women. Both of my backroom TLs were women, same with the store I trained at. I've even had women that out performed the men in unloading the trailer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back