Hiring Are HR Experts required to help out other departments when needed?

I applied for Human Resources Expert at one of my local stores, and I wanted to know if helping out with other departments (fulfillment, general merchandise, food & beverage, etc) was a requirement of doing the job. It’s not to going to influence me wanting the job one way or the other, I just wanted to know if that was the case.

Yes. They usually won't get pulled to push freight (unless they enjoy that) but they can get pulled for cashiering or fulfillment. When I was a HRE I often pushed style.

I am an HRE and I get pulled all the time. It is very frustrating, to say the least. HR is a very important work center at Target and it is a struggle to support our work center and other work centers.

It depends when our Hr was fully staffed they would have some flex and cashier shifts, and also 2 of the HREs were CO trained which was helpful. But now with Hr being slammed with new hires and training they don’t. Put usually at my store if they are scheduled for HR they work hr that day

One of our HR works at sales floor Atleast once a week for the whole shift. Others are pulled for backups often . But we have enough HR experts to cover I guess.

Busy days, HR experts get pulled to service desk and/or fulfillment if needed. Happens more often on weekends this time of year but occasionally happens throughout the year. It usually isn't for more than 30 min- 2 hrs.

My HR team rn does not help at all but they have limited hours. One of our old HR tms did though usually she would be scheduled half and half shifts.

Back