Archived As-Advertised

Status
Not open for further replies.

obx

When you do Ad Set, do you really have to put up the As-Advertised signs up, unless the sign is a lower Price Point?

Even if it is, if the price is the same its not a sale.

There are Temporary Price Cuts, Sale Items, As Advertised prices, Gift Card, Even Lower, Weekly Wow signs that go up on Sundays. As advertised price signs do indeed need to go up. They are the same price as we regularly sell them, but they are advertised in the flyer.

It's showing the guest this - HEY GUEST! IT'S ME, THE ITEM IN THE AD. NOW YOU DON'T HAVE TO ASK SOMEONE IF IT WAS ME IN THE AD. I'M RIGHT HERE.

It doesn't matter that it's the same price, you're not signing it for that. Same as new at Target signs or under $10, etc. Just go put the sign up.

It's a proven fact that signs sell items.....it doesn't matter if they are not on "sale." Perception is everything. Hang ALL signs.

Yep, as annoying as they are, they all gotta go up.

I draw the line when it's a TPC and a Sale price that are the same and obviously the TPC runs longer. I'll just toss the sale sign so there aren't two signs just hanging out.

I don't know if any of your stores had this problem. To stay vague I will simply say that one of my checklane endcaps was cheaper than the advertised price so we did the "even lower" signing. How much lower you ask? Our store was selling it for $0.01 below the ad price. There were two other items throughout the store that were the same way. We had some debates about how to properly sign it but decided that due to technicality that we would use the "even lower" signing. Did anyone else have this issue?

I draw the line when it's a TPC and a Sale price that are the same and obviously the TPC runs longer. I'll just toss the sale sign so there aren't two signs just hanging out.

Sorry, but even that won't fly. Even if the TPC runs three weeks and the Sale is only one week in the middle of it, you need to put up the Sale sign--because for that one week, the item is raincheck-eligible. If you throw away the Sale sign, nobody will know they can make a raincheck/substitute, and we lose potential sales.

Sorry, but even that won't fly. Even if the TPC runs three weeks and the Sale is only one week in the middle of it, you need to put up the Sale sign--because for that one week, the item is raincheck-eligible. If you throw away the Sale sign, nobody will know they can make a raincheck/substitute, and we lose potential sales.

Well Said! I just put someone on a CA for throwing out signs! Ad Set and Ad Prep are serious business in my store. I challenge my STL ever week for things he is telling my ad team to do. He likes to make his own thing. Now when he see's me on Monday mornings he literately runs the other direction.

The thing that gets me about the simultaneous Sale + TPC signs is that the ad prep team in my store will shoehorn both signs in the same spot on the shelf and make it look hideous.

Then you get all the whistle blowing yahoos on Consumerist calling Target a joke because "HEY LOOK! I'm calling out Target for putting up a sign when its not really on sale!". Seriously. Those stories run almost once a week.

The thing that gets me about the simultaneous Sale + TPC signs is that the ad prep team in my store will shoehorn both signs in the same spot on the shelf and make it look hideous.

Then you get all the whistle blowing yahoos on Consumerist calling Target a joke because "HEY LOOK! I'm calling out Target for putting up a sign when its not really on sale!". Seriously. Those stories run almost once a week.

You don't put them next to each other.
You put the Sale sign over the TPC, so that when the Sale sign is dated it can be pulled and the TPC goes back into effect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back