Archived Assortment Instocks

Status
Not open for further replies.
The problem: When pulling research, do you pull assortment boxes for salesplanners that are not set?

The situation: We received two boxes on Monday's truck that are marked as saleplanners for 5-12-13. I backstocked them as usual. They are not set yet. I even checked with our cosmetics TM about it. Not set. On Thursday, a backroom TM pulled one of the boxes for instocks. I said not to, but since it was in the gun to pull, she went ahead and pulled it. It never got pushed Thursday, and I just backstocked it on Friday.

Even if there is a product in the box that is in the aisle, shouldn't the assortment be left to set the endcap? Assume only one item out of 50 is needed out of the box. Who has time to sift through all that product?

My solution was just to tell the system you are pulling the item. Then when done with the batch, rebackstock it.

I don't see how to proceed without something being a problem. I even talked with the BR/ISTL, ETL-LOG, and STL. None of them had an answer. The STL even said, "Maybe we shouldn't backstock assortments anymore." Yeah, good answer.

I'd appreciate some help. Thanks!

Assortments can be a pain, cosmetics I think being a big pain. Your right in the fact that you should keep it for the endcap so that the endcap is not empty. However, essentially your burning the batch and now the product in the aisle will more then likely run empty as well, so you have a catch 22, you save it for the endcap you will be empty on the shelf.

When they system wants you to pull them I would skip it and hopefully the product its looking for is located somewhere else and you wont need it anyhow. If you must pull them though you need a plan in place for what to do with before and after, a designated spot for both, the after not being located since it will only have a shipper in it. Just make sure you partner with Cosmetics TM, HL TL that's over that area.

There's no perfect solution because the shippers will stack up at times and when they need them they will have to sort through all you have saved. We tried this at my store under the ideal from the HL TL he would be responsible for them and deal with them. Yea when the Cosmetics brand tm or whatever they call her went to set them she freaked out about all the shippers. SO my solution I went back to my original plan of I save a couple, once it hits so many I start throwing shippers away.

I only throw away shippers that are past the date and are not being dealt with. All the TL's in my store I do not deal with shippers well. Electronics is the worst he will say I need these shippers for new release whatever, time comes no one works the shipper. I leave it sitting there then everyone wants to know why 30 copies of blah blah movie is missing. So everyones know that date comes up your shipper gets out of my backroom one way or another, if I wait for them it becomes clutter. When the hardlines TL said he would handle the shippers for cosmetics for me and threw his idea out for everyone including the STL, I said ok its all yours. 3 weeks later I had 38 cosmetics shippers, 8 Electronics shippers all stacked up. After that STL said take care of them how you wish but give the opportunity to deal with it.

Yes I understand that the shippers do serve a purpose, but people got to use them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back