Archived Assortment Report

Status
Not open for further replies.

therealtd

Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the Zebra.
Does anyone know a way to pull up an assortment report that shows when the assortment boxes are to be set, rather than pulling up the usual assortment report and then looking up the DPCI's in each box to find out the set date?

I do our assortment report every week and it's tedious and takes too long IMO. Softlines is usually over 200 pages and I would like to know if there was an easier way of just printing out a report that shows set days for each assortment box and then pull the ones that have already been set.

Anyone know if this is possible and can help a brother out?

For softlines specifically, a lot of them will already have a brightly colored label with the set date somewhere on the box. For the ones without those, can't you see upcoming set dates by scanning the assortment label with a myDevice?

Does anyone know a way to pull up an assortment report that shows when the assortment boxes are to be set, rather than pulling up the usual assortment report and then looking up the DPCI's in each box to find out the set date?

I do our assortment report every week and it's tedious and takes too long IMO. Softlines is usually over 200 pages and I would like to know if there was an easier way of just printing out a report that shows set days for each assortment box and then pull the ones that have already been set.

Anyone know if this is possible and can help a brother out?

Yes, scan the label on the box ( the on you would scan to pull it). It will show on the My Device that it is an assortment, touch the highlighted Assortment & it will show you all of the DPCIs in that assortment. Then you can look at 1 DPCI and get the POG number and when it is due to be set. Hope this helps.

For softlines specifically, a lot of them will already have a brightly colored label with the set date somewhere on the box. For the ones without those, can't you see upcoming set dates by scanning the assortment label with a myDevice?

Yes, but I am looking for a way to pull up a report similar to how you pull up the assortment report (the report that shows all assortment boxes in the backroom and where they are located along with all the DPCI's inside each assortment box) that ALSO lists set date on said report. I'm not looking to physically go to every box. That would take too long considering there are usually around 300 boxes to go to and most don't actually have said label on the outside. Thanks for the reply though.

Yes, scan the label on the box ( the on you would scan to pull it). It will show on the My Device that it is an assortment, touch the highlighted Assortment & it will show you all of the DPCIs in that assortment. Then you can look at 1 DPCI and get the POG number and when it is due to be set. Hope this helps.

Similar to my response above. I am not looking to go to each box individually. I can already print out a report that lists every DPCI in all assortment boxes. From there, I choose one and look it up on the myDevice by typing it in and finding out the set date. What I am asking for is a way to actually print out a report similar to the assortment report that will ALSO list the the set date for each box in the report. I suspect there is no way unfortunately...this would cut down time tremendously. I appreciate your reply though.

It seems like you're trying to do a lot of unnecessary work, someone has to be dropping the ball somewhere. Where do you even get the time to do something like this? The only place you realistically have assortments is softlines and that should only be a couple aisles in the backroom that you have to search. You'll have a few down HBO/Pharmacy, but those shippers have dates plastered all over them. If the backroom team isn't stoing boxes with the date outwards, they need to be coached until they do so. In the end, there is no one report that lists what you're asking for because a report like that isn't necessary if people do what they are supposed to do. Be proactive and find out who isn't doing their job properly, causing all of these assortment boxes to build up and fix that, instead of reactive and wasting a bunch of time each week visiting all your assortment boxes in the back.

I guess I'm not sure what you're trying to do, and why. Are you backroom? Salesfloor? TM? TL?

If the goal is to keep assortments from getting lost in the BR, there are better ways to go about it. Try to get the backroom to keep assortments in certain specific areas instead of any available shelf. Have them get in the habit of writing the set date in sharpie on the box near the pick label, so you can see right away that someone checked it and when it sets.

There is no report that does what you want, because it doesn't seem necessary in the first place.

My team will only backstock assortments that aren't past their date. TLs of their areas should be aware of sets and ETL-SF/GE will send e-mail weekly for assortment report. I will audit areas that commonly have assortments and pull anything past their date down and set it aside for the TL that owns the block.

If you have 200 assortments, something probably isn't right. You don't need to send out a weekly email for that, start purging the BR. Softlines is the only thing that gets in our way, and it's because our softlines team is garbage.

My team will only backstock assortments that aren't past their date. TLs of their areas should be aware of sets and ETL-SF/GE will send e-mail weekly for assortment report. I will audit areas that commonly have assortments and pull anything past their date down and set it aside for the TL that owns the block.

If you have 200 assortments, something probably isn't right. You don't need to send out a weekly email for that, start purging the BR. Softlines is the only thing that gets in our way, and it's because our softlines team is garbage.

Amen, sister!

It seems like you're trying to do a lot of unnecessary work, someone has to be dropping the ball somewhere. Where do you even get the time to do something like this? The only place you realistically have assortments is softlines and that should only be a couple aisles in the backroom that you have to search. You'll have a few down HBO/Pharmacy, but those shippers have dates plastered all over them. If the backroom team isn't stoing boxes with the date outwards, they need to be coached until they do so. In the end, there is no one report that lists what you're asking for because a report like that isn't necessary if people do what they are supposed to do. Be proactive and find out who isn't doing their job properly, causing all of these assortment boxes to build up and fix that, instead of reactive and wasting a bunch of time each week visiting all your assortment boxes in the back.

I agree. It's a lot of unnecessary work which I've pointed out. For any good it might do, it's minimal in contrast to the time spent doing it. I've instructed to them what needs to be done to avoid the whole thing entirely, but they don't seem to like to hold their overnight process accountable. Unfortunately I'm just a team member and this directive comes straight from my Store Team Leader, so I just do what I am told and try to manage. The issue of STOing boxes with their dates out isn't really an issue to me provided people are pushing the ones that need to be pushed because the others should be getting pulled with the set. I'm just lucky they actually locate stuff on a shelf. The number is assortments isn't alarming at least to me. We're a fairly high volume store and considering we get assortment boxes for set dates months prior to set date, it's not uncommon. Thanks for the response though.

I guess I'm not sure what you're trying to do, and why. Are you backroom? Salesfloor? TM? TL?

If the goal is to keep assortments from getting lost in the BR, there are better ways to go about it. Try to get the backroom to keep assortments in certain specific areas instead of any available shelf. Have them get in the habit of writing the set date in sharpie on the box near the pick label, so you can see right away that someone checked it and when it sets.

There is no report that does what you want, because it doesn't seem necessary in the first place.

I am a backroom team member. The assortments are kept in specific areas...as much as they can be at least. When I first started doing this audit, I would write the dates on the boxes, but I found that to be silly and unproductive considering most already had the dates on them in pretty bold print. In this situation, it's really just a matter of trying to get the overnight process to push assortments already set and if it all comes back, break them open and backstock them instead of backstocking the entire box. Our dayside backroom knows this is the general rule, so they have no issues (at least when I am there, I can't speak for early morning).

Which is exactly how it should be, unfortunately you can only really watch the people you're around. E-Mail wise, I don't know what they send out as I don't have access to that. The audit you're describing is exactly what I do, I pull up the assortment report, find the set date for each assortment box located and write them down. Then whatever is already set without a future date, I physically go and pull it and leave it for my Team Lead to push the next time he's in. 150-200 assortments isn't uncommon IMO considering we get items that won't be set for months, we're a high volume store last I checked...but that may have changed.

Appreciate all the replies from everyone with suggestions. Unfortunately when it comes to fixing whatever issues may be, that's not within my authority as much as I've protested against it. My STL wants it done and feels it's a priority, so I get it done...I've told them it's a big waste of time, but if they insist on me wasting my time...then so be it. I was just looking for quicker way to do it...I figured Spot may have been smart enough to implement a method for actually pulling up some sort of report with set dates rather than having to look them all up individually. Thanks again everyone.

How are things coming in months before they are set? I know shoes come fairly early, but those aren't even months prior to their set.

When I first started doing this audit, I would write the dates on the boxes, but I found that to be silly and unproductive considering most already had the dates on them in pretty bold print.
The other benefit of hand writing the date on them is that you can tell at a glance that you've already checked that box recently. So if your STL wants you to print out 200 pages each week and go through every assortment, you can at least see your handwritten date (or maybe circle the date of it's already displayed prominently) and right away know that you've already checked it. It will be a pain the first time you do it, but it will definitely save time in subsequent weeks.

Last edited:
How are things coming in months before they are set? I know shoes come fairly early, but those aren't even months prior to their set.

If you're asking why they come in. I don't know. That's not my wheelhouse. I just know we've gotten things pretty early. We were getting Spring/Easter stuff in December. The Easter stuff isn't surprising considering it gets set literally right after V-Day ends, but some of the spring stuff is too early. Last I was back there, I recall seeing a few boxes for a May set and we just entered March. I'm guessing in the next month or so, I'll be seeing June/July sets and within 3 months, back to school again. We set our back to school even before school gets out...it's ridiculous. But like I said, not my area...that's just what I see.

The other benefit of hand writing the date on them is that you can tell at a glance that you've already checked that box recently. So if your STL wants you to print out 200 pages each week and go through every assortment, you can at least see your handwritten date (or maybe circle the date of it's already displayed prominently) and right away know that you've already checked it. It will be a pain the first time you do it, but it will definitely save time in subsequent weeks.

That's a very good point. Thanks for bringing up that suggestion.

This isn't best practice but something my STL put into place was an assortment/shipper steel space. I know lot of stores have space constrained backrooms and it may not be possible for all. If you can regroup somethings to make it happen I highly recommend it. I have it set up beside our signing steel space as an 8ft section and below it is where we store our 3 tier carts.

All non softlines assortments are located in this steel. A lot of times the batches for SLPs or whatever will not automatically pull out the assortment. Instead of having to hunt down every backroom aisle looking for shippers or letting shippers/assortments just sit in the backroom if it doesn't pull out we know where to go. A TM setting 170 SLPs? Go ahead and take out all 170 from the assortment steel and add with the pog fill.

Having a central location for all departments really helps keep it organized and prevents stuff from getting lost or stuff not on POG by accident from piling up. Most recently we got in a new Flonase shipper that did not scan to a location. Inline POG already had the 2 new shippers. It was meant for the SLP. It did not scan on a current or future POG. I noticed it in the steel and immediately put it out on the SLP that set weeks ago. I'm sure it'll show up on future merch update lol.

There is no real solution to SL'S assortments outside of purging the boxes down the fillgroup after each major VA set.

Same here. Only issue I've encountered is softlines hang getting backstocked in assortment boxes...not sure how other stores handle this? Our flow team has improved and now have the ability to (almost) accurately read a pick label, open the box and visually audit what's inside, and determine to backstock it not... we still find some errors but it's getting there. In other departments assortments are located in the bottom (?) two shelves of the aisle and the TM that regularly backstocks the aisle is supposed to audit for dates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back