Archived Audit vs. EXF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone explain the difference between these two features? Can I use them interchangeably and if not, why?

I currently change capacity/on-floor quantities with EXF (through MyWork) and typically shoot true outs with Audit

As far as I know, there's no difference between changing capacities in EXF or Audit.

However, changing the "How many are here" for the salesfloor in EXF only changes the salesfloor quantity. It won't update on-hands like Audit does.

Additionally, changing the SFQ to 0 in audit will cause an OOS (out of stock) batch for that fillgroup to be created in Move. Changing SFQ to 0 in EXF should, in theory, I guess, cause that product to drop into the next autofill, but I can't say for certain that it always does.

So basically, I use EXF to change capacities and to pull manual batches of lows/outs, but Audit to actually correct any SFQs. Sometimes that means using both on the same item when I want a pull right away and want the on hands updated. (For example, there is only 1 on the floor of an item that has 4 facings. Just audit wouldn't make an OOS batch since there is still 1 on the floor, so I'll also do an EXF and request a pull for however many I need)

Hope that helps a little.

Didn’t they take away the ability to use Audit to update capacity?

I use EXF to update capacity and to fill if it is in the back room, and Audit to zero out/update count on the floor.

Speaking of Audit, is anyone else having an issue where they can audit items that the just received?

We called the CSC and they were extremely confused and acted like we were crazy..

Speaking of Audit, is anyone else having an issue where they can audit items that the just received?

We called the CSC and they were extremely confused and acted like we were crazy..

How long has it been since the items were received? I haven't pinpointed the exact time, but at some point in the afternoon we can start auditing items received on the truck that morning or that were pulled that morning. It seems like the length of time we couldn't audit those items used to be longer.

Are tm's still allowed to audit? I read somewhere here that it's restricted to AP/ETLs as part of modernization or something like that.

Are tm's still allowed to audit? I read somewhere here that it's restricted to AP/ETLs as part of modernization or something like that.
I think that was one store or district being extremely stupid.

All of my TMs audit, regularly. Outs, daily.

Yes the capacity update was disabled because many stores were calling the CSC to report that the functionality wasn’t working because the only way it would take the capacity change is if you went and audited every location instead of just the one you wanted to change.

How long ago was that? And did that apply to when you're changing capacities by increasing the floor count to greater than the current capacity? Because I did that just a couple of weeks ago. It seemed like it accepted the new capacity, but I didn't know to double check it so I guess there's a chance that it didn't.

EXFS should be done daily. Non-system lead Audits should be done twice a week, or to correct know OH counts that are off.

How long has it been since the items were received? I haven't pinpointed the exact time, but at some point in the afternoon we can start auditing items received on the truck that morning or that were pulled that morning. It seems like the length of time we couldn't audit those items used to be longer.
Truck received at 3:45AM. It let me Audit it at 7:15am. Totally fucked up our counts because I audited all of Toys before I realized I was auditing that day!

Truck received at 3:45AM. It let me Audit it at 7:15am. Totally fucked up our counts because I audited all of Toys before I realized I was auditing that day!

Yikes! If your backroom toy aisles are like my stores, I really feel your pain of potentially getting even more of the same products in too. That really sucks.

I've had TMs use EXF to adjust capacity and change on-floor counts before they do any backstocking. Assumed this would prevent unnecessary CAF/OOS pulls.

But if the on hands is off. Then they should be using Audit to change that? We definitely have on hand quantity issues. I was not using Audit outside of true outs adjustments. This will be a change I'll have to share with the team.

Thank you everyone for clearing that all up.

I've had TMs use EXF to adjust capacity and change on-floor counts before they do any backstocking. Assumed this would prevent unnecessary CAF/OOS pulls.

In theory, this works. I used to do it when I was responsible for all market pulls (but only for items that would come out in pulls more than once when they weren't needed) and it did seem to help keep the pulls manageable. So doing it for everything should work great if they have the time.

But if the on hands is off. Then they should be using Audit to change that? We definitely have on hand quantity issues. I was not using Audit outside of true outs adjustments. This will be a change I'll have to share with the team.

Right. I'd definitely also audit lows since if the on hands is higher than whatever the hidden DC replenishment level is, it will never get refilled.

In theory, this works. I used to do it when I was responsible for all market pulls (but only for items that would come out in pulls more than once when they weren't needed) and it did seem to help keep the pulls manageable. So doing it for everything should work great if they have the time.

Right. I'd definitely also audit lows since if the on hands is higher than whatever the hidden DC replenishment level is, it will never get refilled.
You can mysupport to adjust the replenishment level if you’re getting too much of certain departments/classes.

Our district has restricted it to ETLs and SDs. My store doesn't have anyone at either of those positions because we're a small format store and our SD is covering another store for 2 months...

I think that was one store or district being extremely stupid.

All of my TMs audit, regularly. Outs, daily.

Our store (or district, I really don't know which) is also being stupid. "DC already knows what we're out of so it's pointless," they said. :rolleyes:

Our district has restricted it to ETLs and SDs. My store doesn't have anyone at either of those positions because we're a small format store and our SD is covering another store for 2 months...
My district is doing the same thing. We have some OH counts issues.

My TL had me doing EXFs for lows/outs. I noticed some items that MyWork said we had none of the shelf and a few on hand. Also a few items that we physically had on the shelf but MyWork said none on hand. Are these the times we should be using Audit? I opened the app and before Gatekeeper kicked me out and made me log in, I saw it wanted me to select the part of the store o was in. I didn't bother logging in due to time but after I log in and select location, am I able to only do a few items or do I have to do the entire section?

Are these the times we should be using Audit?

Yep, exactly. Changing it in MyWork will only help if there are more to pull from the backroom. If the on-hands are wrong, they will likely never replenish since that's the number the DCs look at when they decide to send more of something to a store. Basically, EXF for lows that you want to fill, Audit for outs and anything low that you notice a discrepancy of and are sure is actually wrong (ie don't audit an item if there are 4 vehicles of push sitting in the back that might contain it).

I opened the app and before Gatekeeper kicked me out and made me log in, I saw it wanted me to select the part of the store o was in. I didn't bother logging in due to time but after I log in and select location, am I able to only do a few items or do I have to do the entire section?

Yeah if you don't open an app within like 30 minutes of logging in, it will ask you to log in again. I usually start a shift by opening every app I'm likely to use after logging in. (So MyWork, Move, Audit, and the flex apps if I'm on a flex shift).

And once you're on that screen that asks you to select a department, you can do individual items by scanning them, you don't have to select a whole area. This also works for scanning a single backroom location if you ever need to fix one of those.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back