Audits

DBZ

So one of my TLs asked me to audits for him tonight. I said sure and he told me to put in the count of what is on the shelf and put 0 in there is none. Ok fine. It was an easy task for the most part.

What is actually happening? Am I just changing the quantity of what is on the shelf? Does it effect the back room counts? When an item says 12 and I change it to 0, is that shrinkage? Or will it put that 12 into the unknown location? One item I had to audit was disinfecting wipes. It said we had 16 on the floor, but really we had 37. When I put in 37 the device asked me to change how many fit there or change something else (I don't remember what it said), so I just put 16. Was that bad? I know I should have asked the TL, but I felt dumb, plus I was tired and wanted to go home. Is there a way to really screw this up, because I'd like to avoid that. It looks like this might become my nightly chore. Thanks for your help.

Ok basically an "audit" is fixing the counts on individual items to account for product that is missing due to being stolen, lost, defected wrong, broken, incorrectly store-used, rung up wrong at the front, etc. This causes the system to know that we're actually missing the product so the DC can send us more, as well as reduce INF, since guests aren't ordering stuff we're out of.

If you actually physically had 37, you should have selected 37. From there, you can update the onhand and/or change the shelf capacity. If 37 were there and 37 fit, we would just update the count AND the capacity, so the computer knows the correct amount we own and the correct amount that can fit. Selecting 16 told the computer that you didn't actually have 37, but only 16. This did not change the shelf capacity, so the computer still thinks you can only fit 16 there. The other 21 got removed from your system, so you may end up receiving more from your DC that you don't actually need.

Definitely reach out to your TL for more training/info, especially if this going to be part of your new routine! It needs to be done correctly so you maintain good data accuracy!

Audit changes the on-hand count. Just don't confuse audit with changing SFQ (salesfloor quantity). Also, it's best to make sure all the push or truck for that dept. is pushed before auditing.

I've been helping my store out with audits a little bit lately. When we do the backroom ones, they usually send us to the same locations day after day after day. Does anyone know what's going on with that or how to stop it? Yesterday I tried auditing the location and hitting done (to take everything out) and then I backstocked it all back in, but it still took me to the same sections today. I was hoping to outsmart the system.

I've been helping my store out with audits a little bit lately. When we do the backroom ones, they usually send us to the same locations day after day after day. Does anyone know what's going on with that or how to stop it? Yesterday I tried auditing the location and hitting done (to take everything out) and then I backstocked it all back in, but it still took me to the same sections today. I was hoping to outsmart the system.
Could be a glitch, could be HQ monitoring the dpci, unless tampons?

Back