Archived Autofill

Status
Not open for further replies.
The team members were informed that autofills will no longer exist.
Question? Is that why the manual cafs are so huge now??

The team members were informed that autofills will no longer exist.
Question? Is that why the manual cafs are so huge now??
I don’t believe this. Autos are standard for many retail companies

I don’t believe this. Autos are standard for many retail companies
For some reason, HQ seems to feel that, since they were "forced" to raise the pay, that the computer shouldn't "do the work for you". Fairly sure this is part of why Check Dates doesn't exist anymore, too. You know, since the princely sum of $15/hr means that anything convenient should be eliminated.

Is this for real? Our store has been doing autofills and manual cafs everyday for our department.

Is this for real? Our store has been doing autofills and manual cafs everyday for our department.
Why both? It’s either one or the other . If you drop a manual your autofill will go away .

We literally just got the word from District that Autos were going away. The premise will be that your manuals should be doing a 1x1 i.e. 1 item sells, 1 will drop in to replenish should it be in the backroom (not the waiting until you sell 3, for example, for the system to add to a batch).
District also told us that we HAVE to do zone first, no if's, and's or but's. For some areas, I know this isn't a problem (unless you're zeroing out product that hasn't been pushed yet- and I'm sure it happens a LOT). Also, Audits are only to be conducted by leaders as we move forward. I inquired as to why (1 less thing for me to stress about regardless) but we figure too many people have F'd up using it, zeroing out when there's product, miscounts, etc.). Honestly, I feel like doing audit during a zone before pushing product is what messed it up in the first place, but whatever.
I think the thing that irks me about zoning first is I close every shift. There's the added task of it needing to be near 100% zoned before I leave, including all the go backs. This means I still have to stop a second time and redo everything. I work around half of C & D block. I own bath, bedding, decor pillows and rugs. It's the largest area in the store. I've always, since day 1 regardless of modernization recommendation, have zoned at the end of my shift- treating it like the folding tables in Softlines because towels and rugs can be daunting on heavily-shopped days. My leader agreed with me that it's dumb to insist everyone do this because of my reasoning, but it's corporate and he's just a messenger.
So today, I start early on this new method to start getting in the groove and start getting my numbers straightened. I was the first that was made to do this because of how large my area is and how off my numbers are (I inherited quite a mess with this area and was slowly fixing it during shifts). I just hope this works, tbh. I'm being forced to check my numbers despite needing to push truck (let's not mention how I didn't finish since I made time to go through everything now). There's still plenty more to do, but I guess the hope is these manuals will be simpler.
Anyone already doing just the 1x1 manuals yet? Not looking at autos?

Tell that to stationary/BTS.

:rolleyes: You forget not every store has tons of payroll.

Tell me about it. We're bare bones and I keep hearing ETLs and above talk about how we're still over payroll. Departments are starting the day with no opener, and people are getting called in on their days off just to fix this, which naturally puts us MORE over...

I can’t see how they would get rid of the idea of auto fills. I could see them changing the replenishment type to 1-1 in regards to what your autos pull but no way they make everyone drop manuals every morning for every fill group. There’s no point in doing that if the computer will generate the same pull for you.

There’s no point in doing that if the computer will generate the same pull for you.
The computer doesn’t generate the same pulls and definitely doesn’t fill your floor as a manual does . However autofill wont go away since it’s tied to the trailer .

It’s not tied to the trailer in the sense that they drop when it’s acknowledged. They’ll generate at your store set time regardless.
Correct but still I don’t see autofill going away as some are saying

The computer doesn’t generate the same pulls and definitely doesn’t fill your floor as a manual does . However autofill wont go away since it’s tied to the trailer .
I know they’re different I was just saying I could see the current idea of autos going away and them switching to our autos dropping manual level replenishment instead. Not saying I agree with it but all these people saying that autos are going away so I was just hypothesizing how they would do it. I can’t see them getting rid of autos all together or nothing would ever get pulled

Tldr;

Manual caf differs from autofills.

Autofill has specific triggers that trigger replenishment. If the trigger for item A is 40%, and the capacity is 10, then you will not see the item drop in an autofill until the system thinks there are 4 or less on the shelf.

Manual cafs trigger all items in a fillgroup to be filled to capacity regardless of triggers, which is why they are larger.

Tldr;

Manual caf differs from autofills.

Autofill has specific triggers that trigger replenishment. If the trigger for item A is 40%, and the capacity is 10, then you will not see the item drop in an autofill until the system thinks there are 4 or less on the shelf.

Manual cafs trigger all items in a fillgroup to be filled to capacity regardless of triggers, which is why they are larger.
I think everyone here understands the difference. From what I’m reading, some stores are saying autos are going away and stores will have to pull manuals to get replenishment since it fills the floor more. I don’t believe it’s going to happen though unless they replace autos to drop the same level of replenishment as a manual but that’s still a stretch and would require tons of payroll and no way it’s getting done by noon. A 1-1 for every fillgroup would be thousands of items a day

A 1-1 for every fillgroup would be thousands of items a day
Again consistency will be less and less . I’ve been on manual process for over a year and manuals are manageable where my pp1 pull and backstock all and finish their freight before 10 am.

Again consistency will be less and less . I’ve been on manual process for over a year and manuals are manageable where my pp1 pull and backstock all and finish their freight before 10 am.
Definitely depends on the store. Autos are percentage based off sales and expected sales while 1-1 pulls everything you sell. Large volume stores with extremely high traffic would pull a ton. I agree if you’re doing it everyday they won’t be as big but it would still be a lot more work and require a lot more payroll.

Bigger if it’s not consistent on it . Daily manuals will result in less and less .

Manuals will always be larger than autos by nature of how the logic is coded. Doing it more often will result in smaller batches because there is less item movement between batches.

If you drop manuals the day before christmas, and then the day after, the ones after will be almost non-existent because you haven't sold anything.

Unless they change the underlying logic it wouldn't be feasible to do a 1-1 fill each time. It would require more payroll than available. It's not cost effective.

For some reason, HQ seems to feel that, since they were "forced" to raise the pay, that the computer shouldn't "do the work for you". Fairly sure this is part of why Check Dates doesn't exist anymore, too. You know, since the princely sum of $15/hr means that anything convenient should be eliminated.
Also I missed the part about check dates. The communication when it left was it was coming back but wasn’t the top priority. @taytay any idea if that’s still the case?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back