Archived Autofill

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some reason, HQ seems to feel that, since they were "forced" to raise the pay, that the computer shouldn't "do the work for you". Fairly sure this is part of why Check Dates doesn't exist anymore, too. You know, since the princely sum of $15/hr means that anything convenient should be eliminated.
They aren't coming up with less efficient processes just because they have to pay more.

They are doing manuals because everyone is lazy about maintaining inventory accuracy and they're having to overorder, overship, and then oversalvage. We are wasting enough product that it is cheaper to pay you to do manuals.

They aren't coming up with less efficient processes just because they have to pay more.

They are doing manuals because everyone is lazy about maintaining inventory accuracy and they're having to overorder, overship, and then oversalvage. We are wasting enough product that it is cheaper to pay you to do manuals.
But unless they change autos to pull 1 for 1 then there’s no accountability? There’s a lot of stores that wouldn’t pull anything if they got rid of autos

Again consistency will be less and less . I’ve been on manual process for over a year and manuals are manageable where my pp1 pull and backstock all and finish their freight before 10 am.
I'm more surprised that your truck is finished by 10am. When I started in January we had a solid unload team. When I left last month it was pretty much a completely different group of people and often times took over 2 hours

I'm more surprised that your truck is finished by 10am. When I started in January we had a solid unload team. When I left last month it was pretty much a completely different group of people and often times took over 2 hours
For pp1 ? Why wouldn’t be done by 10 am?

For pp1 ? Why wouldn’t be done by 10 am?

Well, when your previous truck wasn't finished and over half of pp1 still needs to be worked in order to even have enough vehicles to start unloading, half your unload time becomes working the previous truck's freight. Then unload. Which means this truck's pp1 hasn't been touched before 10am. Rinse and repeat.

Well, when your previous truck wasn't finished and over half of pp1 still needs to be worked in order to even have enough vehicles to start unloading, half your unload time becomes working the previous truck's freight. Then unload. Which means this truck's pp1 hasn't been touched before 10am. Rinse and repeat.
Yikes 🤕. Where is the accountability? No one is held accountable to the stocking time provided in sort and stock?

Yikes 🤕. Where is the accountability? No one is held accountable to the stocking time provided in sort and stock?
Accountability works when they’re not accomplishing reasonable tasks.... my old store was just like what @SigningLady described and it wasn’t the teams fault. You can’t possibly finish a truck without enough hours. These middle stores that aren’t ultra low or super high volume get screwed with hours. I’ve compared plenty of stores that were 20 million less than my store and getting similar payroll with 1/2 the trucks. I don’t think my old store has come clean in a couple years. They get a glimpse of hope when no freight is coming in January/February but starts all over again come spring/summer. It’s a sad reality

This 1-1 thing is stupid, especially for little dinky things where the floor quantity is large, like with travel toothpaste and shampoo. Likewise when the floor quantity is decently large, like 12 bottles of body wash. I'd so much rather pull at least a handful per DPCI. When the floor quantity is small, like 2 blood pressure cuffs are all that will fit, or just a few bottles of cough syrup it makes sense.

This 1-1 thing is stupid, especially for little dinky things where the floor quantity is large, like with travel toothpaste and shampoo. Likewise when the floor quantity is decently large, like 12 bottles of body wash. I'd so much rather pull at least a handful per DPCI. When the floor quantity is small, like 2 blood pressure cuffs are all that will fit, or just a few bottles of cough syrup it makes sense.
I get the idea of it but it seems like unnecessary work for stores that can’t handle it. If you have time to pull manuals you’re already doing it. I get the whole in the store on the floor thing but it seems too forced like the ladderless crap.

For some reason, HQ seems to feel that, since they were "forced" to raise the pay, that the computer shouldn't "do the work for you". Fairly sure this is part of why Check Dates doesn't exist anymore, too. You know, since the princely sum of $15/hr means that anything convenient should be eliminated.
Who forced Target to pay $15???
I saw some of the gems they hired recently, and with me being on a Final CA, I can’t imagine things will get better with these new TMs taking over.

I'm starting to think you are being willfully obtuse.
Or maybe I have a good logistic mind and handle it right . Because believe me or not , i don’t like modernization either and I’ve pushed my sd back and my etl hr to get to where we are . You can make it work to a certain point but then you have to incorporate your own way to show results . I fallow the rules to a certain point.

But unless they change autos to pull 1 for 1 then there’s no accountability? There’s a lot of stores that wouldn’t pull anything if they got rid of autos

They just haven’t got the software set up and rolled out right.

I bet they do by fourth quarter.

I'm pretty sure at my store no one understands accountability anymore. Truck's not done, reshop sitting around everywhere, lack of any kind of zone.

Hard to get it done when we're told to get out by our scheduled time, oh you need to go to BTS (and stay there, which means your department's reshop isn't getting done), the leftover push for your department isn't getting done...and you can't zone because you have a 4 hour shift and guests are interrupting you every 5 minutes, plus you need to backstock/get rid of trash, which takes even MORE time.

Accountability works when they’re not accomplishing reasonable tasks.... my old store was just like what @SigningLady described and it wasn’t the teams fault. You can’t possibly finish a truck without enough hours. These middle stores that aren’t ultra low or super high volume get screwed with hours. I’ve compared plenty of stores that were 20 million less than my store and getting similar payroll with 1/2 the trucks. I don’t think my old store has come clean in a couple years. They get a glimpse of hope when no freight is coming in January/February but starts all over again come spring/summer. It’s a sad reality

This is my store. We only get 4 trucks a week. Should be manageable, right? We have off days where we could catch up. But, alas no. There's no payroll to schedule people to come in on off days and get things caught up. ETL-LOG will sometimes spend ahead hoping for call outs and flex hours later, but that just makes things tight at the end of every month. We're the only Spot in the area so our trucks right now are huge. We're not a super and don't have the backroom space to put all the shit we're being sent. The steel is packed. There are mountains of plastics and paper just piled up on the floor because there is nowhere to put it.

Shit's fucking crazy. TM's do their pulls and just leave the product on the floor in the backroom because there are no free vehicles to put it on until they clear a truck vehicle. Now, they want everyone to do 1 for 1s. Our paper DBO couldn't find a vehicle and had to do them on a 3 tier. He'd grab a few, stock them, and then restart. They were growing faster than he could knock them out. I felt bad enough for the guy that I gave him the u-boat that our receiver uses to hold STS for us on.

I'm pretty sure at my store no one understands accountability anymore. Truck's not done, reshop sitting around everywhere, lack of any kind of zone.
That reminds me, there's a u-boat of BTS freight that's been floating around the salesfloor for like 2 weeks now. Impressive.

It's really sad thinking that, because of the turnover, we're now on our second generation of TMs who think this is normal.

Sure if you think that’s all it takes .

Well - it sure doesn't hurt to have payroll and staff.

I am not talking about YOUR store not making goal times and finishing trucks, or completing pricing, or coming clean in the BR.
Your store of the magical " thousands of hours being a triple A store."

I am talking about all the stores that don't get the payroll, or aren't adequately staffed.

THOSE stores are struggling.

Or maybe I have a good logistic mind and handle it right . Because believe me or not , i don’t like modernization either and I’ve pushed my sd back and my etl hr to get to where we are . You can make it work to a certain point but then you have to incorporate your own way to show results . I fallow the rules to a certain point.

I assure you, if you're getting thousands of hours then your SD is funneling hours to you from elsewhere. Kudos to them for having the foresight to do so; however, by and large most stores struggle with the logistics process.

When the same problem exists across the entire company (generally), then the problem is the process, not the stores.

Logistics has not been a strong point for target, ever. They continually evolve their process because every iteration of it sucks and fails. If you think Target has a great logistics process, you should check out target Canada.

Oh wait...🤔

Again consistency will be less and less . I’ve been on manual process for over a year and manuals are manageable where my pp1 pull and backstock all and finish their freight before 10 am.

We used to finish by 10am on the old process now truck push is never done. Truck team comes in and has to finish up the left overs from yesterday to be able to unload today's truck.

i don’t like modernization either and I’ve pushed my sd back and my etl hr to get to where we are . You can make it work to a certain point but then you have to incorporate your own way to show results . I fallow the rules to a certain point.

And that right there makes your criticism invalid. You are comparing oranges to pineapples. If you aren't following the same rules that everyone is forced to then of course you are going to get results different from their results.

It would be more appropriate to brag only after you are getting good results even when following modernization exactly as corporate wants.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back