Archived awful EHR

Status
Not open for further replies.
My EHR is awful and I really don't know what to do. I've been with Target for a long time. Well, longer than most team members. Anyways, here lately she has become a power hungry monster. Like here in the past year she has flipped a switch like hot and cold. She treats team members with such unbelievable disrespect and does the exact opposite of what an HR should do. She calls team members out on the floor in front of guests and other employees and if someone doesn't know what to do in a certain situation she degrades them and walks away, instead of attempting to help.
Anyways, I just don't know what to do about her. She is supposed to be the one who I talk to about things like this, not the ones causing the problems. I've had more encounters with her than I can count. This leadership is really making me hate my job and I shouldn't feel like this. I've always enjoyed working there.

If she does anything that affects you directly, then document, document, and document some more. Then go to your STL. If your STL isn't any help, then call the Integrity Hotline. Encourage your co-workers to do the same.

We had a horrible ETL-HR much like this. We finally got rid of them. How, you ask? They got promoted to STL. Sad, but all we could do was be grateful that they were no longer our problem.

Talk to the STL. Maybe your EHR has some personal issues that she needs help dealing with, or her job might be in danger and she's taking it out on the team. Obviously something happened in the last year to cause such a change. You're probably not going to be the first person to have brought it up to the STL.

It didn't happen until the dm fired our stl. She went crazy after that. Just power hungry. Now we have a new stl but it doesn't really do any good to tell him. For some odd reason nothing ever happens to her. And it's not just me stuff happens to, it's everyone.

Your new STL is probably putting a lot of pressure on her, and she's taking it out on the team. Sorry I'm not sure where to go besides the STL....

Anybody know?

hrbp? is their contact info available? that would be fun, but make sure you have documented unsuccessful discussions with stl first.

hrbp? is their contact info available? that would be fun, but make sure you have documented unsuccessful discussions with stl first.

If you have access to target email, or know someone who does, you can use the "find someone" feature on Outlook to search by first and last name. The cool thing about it, though, is that when you search for someone it also gives you a link to the contact information for their supervisor. So if you search your STL and find his/her contact card, it also gives a link his/her supervisor's contact card. I don't know how well/poorly reaching out directly to the DTL would go, but if your ETL-HR is the problem and your STL didn't get you anywhere, it might be worth a shot I suppose

Edit* If you're going to do that, DOCUMENT DOCUMENT DOCUMENT. They'll want very event-specific details, not your opinion on what your supervisor should or shouldn't be doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back