Archived Workday

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSTL4LIFE

GSTL
What does everything think about the upcoming launch of Workday so far? What have you heard about it? I've heard that TL's will now be able to job offer, open their own requisitions, promote, demote, add in hourly wage for their TM's, and PDD's and CCA's will all be handled through Workday.

Workday will give our HR duties to leaders but honestly I would never want my TLs or ETLs processing promotions/demotions, pay, etc.

Workday will help with documentation as far as PDD/CCAs not having to be typed up.

Most of our leaders can’t even finish their tasks in their 40 hour work week so gauranteed responsibilities will stay the same at my store and myself and other HR team member will be doing the work.... which is actually what I prefer so I don’t have too many different people handling information. Easier to keep control of what’s happening

Workday will give our HR duties to leaders but honestly I would never want my TLs or ETLs processing promotions/demotions, pay, etc.

Workday will help with documentation as far as PDD/CCAs not having to be typed up.

Most of our leaders can’t even finish their tasks in their 40 hour work week so gauranteed responsibilities will stay the same at my store and myself and other HR team member will be doing the work.... which is actually what I prefer so I don’t have too many different people handling information. Easier to keep control of what’s happening
I agree. This is not good wrapped in a I think this might be good wrapper.

Haven't heard about this, does this mean the role of the HR TM is going to be reduced? Also tell me more about the handling of PDD. I don't have time now to write them! Lol

Oh wow, I'll never have an excuse not to do one lol. Some days its so hard to find the time.

You will be able to do them "in the moment" on a device on the floor.

Oh wow, I'll never have an excuse not to do one lol. Some days its so hard to find the time.
There’s your loophole right there...you have to actually have equipment in the first place. “I was going to give John a PDD, but he needed a Zebra so I gave mine up.“

One thing is for sure it will be buggy and frustrating at first like all the other software they have rolled out to us.
Well Unlike target developed apps workday is its own company with tons of other big name clients. So they thereotically know what they’re doing

Has anyone heard anything on release date (at least for the stuff coming this summer)?

Well Unlike target developed apps workday is its own company with tons of other big name clients. So they thereotically know what they’re doing

Has anyone heard anything on release date (at least for the stuff coming this summer)?
HR had their training day with HRBP a couple days ago andTLs in my store get it next week so I’m assuming by August for the start of holiday tms.... makes me sick to type that... “holiday TMs” already :/

We had our training today (TL). "JAS" will not be until next year. I am exited for workday and the new changes.

We had our training today (TL). "JAS" will not be until next year. I am exited for workday and the new changes.
Can you detail what’s changing this summer? Other than new way to access pay stubs and update your personal info, is anything else changing?

Amanda, CCA will be paperless, so if you get one, you will acknowledge it online. You can also make a profile for yourself, a resume of sorts, viewable to leaders.

An app for my personal phone? I don't think so. I won't use my personal phone for Target work at all. We had someone using their phone to look up an item for a guest. She drop the phone, phone shattered and needed to be replaced. Target response? Your choice to use your phone for work, not our problem

An app for my personal phone? I don't think so. I won't use my personal phone for Target work at all. We had someone using their phone to look up an item for a guest. She drop the phone, phone shattered and needed to be replaced. Target response? Your choice to use your phone for work, not our problem
Well you’ll be able to see your paycheck and other info from your phone so that will be nice. Yes using your phone for work stuff is optional and it says in the handbook Target is not responsible for damage to device for optional use so idk why she even asked for reimbursement.

With workday launching in August I’m sure it’s already accessible to certain HR personal... meaning it’s live just not public. Has anyone attempted to access the app? I downloaded it but couldn’t guess the “company ID”. I’m sure that’s for a reason but just curious if anyone’s tried and been successful?

With workday launching in August I’m sure it’s already accessible to certain HR personal... meaning it’s live just not public. Has anyone attempted to access the app? I downloaded it but couldn’t guess the “company ID”. I’m sure that’s for a reason but just curious if anyone’s tried and been successful?
I have tried. My guess is said HR reps are using a demo version somehow.

When my day job migrated to Workday, I'm not sure how it was tested ahead of time, but they shut down access to the previous HR system for something like 2 weeks. Which was interesting, as it was the system people used to log hours and stuff and so the hourly folks had to pretty much pre-submit their time for those weeks. You had to make sure any vacation requests and stuff were in for that time and all that.

But that was a few years ago now, and we didn't have a time clock system like Target does, so they may be able to move parts of it and minimize disruptions. The only thing I use eHR for is accessing myTime, so having most systems unavailable are less of an impact to store TMs than it would be to, say, corporate employees.

Is this info talked about in huddles? I am SBUX, so I don’t know what orgies take place in the morning when the store gets together.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back