Archived Workday

Status
Not open for further replies.
With workday launching in August I’m sure it’s already accessible to certain HR personal... meaning it’s live just not public.

No, Workday is not live yet. HR can access Workday one day ahead of everyone else though (July 31st).

When my day job migrated to Workday, I'm not sure how it was tested ahead of time, but they shut down access to the previous HR system for something like 2 weeks.

Yeah, they are slowly freezing different areas of the HR systems all the way up until the launch.

I hope we’re still on track for 8/1

Yep!

Is this info talked about in huddles? I am SBUX, so I don’t know what orgies take place in the morning when the store gets together.

The STL and ETLs are supposed to announce the launch at huddles during the first week of August.

My store has dates where things are "freezing" by the Time clock. Like, no one can change personal info or pay choices until August. Kronos will also be down a couple of times before Workday goes live.

Yeah, would it kill them to have a notice board or something? Throw up summaries of things that are talked about during the huddle, along with copies of important emails everyone should read.
This!! Workbench is helpful but many cashiers have no idea it exists nor care to check it.

sucks for the entire front end team who doesn't go to huddles. all stores should be required to post news from huddles in TSC

Ours did for awhile, when we were having regular huddles. With the remodel a lot of that has gone by the wayside. No place to post them until recently, not having huddles regularly, etc.

Here’s some fun info

Attachments

• 695E9286-D9B0-4547-B1FB-40640569CFCB.jpeg
    695E9286-D9B0-4547-B1FB-40640569CFCB.jpeg
    430.6 KB · Views: 166
  • D57DBC06-0ABA-4C67-AF53-C25571FFA6BB.jpeg
    D57DBC06-0ABA-4C67-AF53-C25571FFA6BB.jpeg
    444.7 KB · Views: 154
  • 489373D7-BADF-4666-BEEC-FE389A326591.jpeg
    489373D7-BADF-4666-BEEC-FE389A326591.jpeg
    597.9 KB · Views: 154
Yes! On the computers at work. Just click on the WB, and use your sign in.

Is there anything in it that I need to know as a cashier?

Can't imagine that the GSTLs would be amused that I wasn't up front at the beginning of my shift because I was checking out Workbench...LOL

Well, sometimes there is. There are headlines right when you sign on, and there is info for all parts of the store, sometimes the front end. You will also find the merchandise update there that has some good info. Print and bring it with you, if you want.

I'll have to give that serious consideration! I'm sure someone will want to know how I even knew about Workbench and how to access it. Front end is truly kept in the dark. And then there's the whole issue of trying to read it up at the front when we are so short handed. Friday afternoon we had 2 cashiers, and 3 backups, and still there were long lines.

As a cashier I can access Workbench? Where would I access it?

This is disturbing as any cashier would have had to take their alcohol training on the store workstation.

This is disturbing as any cashier would have had to take their alcohol training on the store workstation.

I'm pretty sure I took that. (I've worked at Spot more than once so my training sessions blend into each other)

The GSTL will usually have the training pulled up on the computer so we just take it and either print a page showing our outcome, or sign something that we took it.

I do recall a training session as part of my orientation (at my most recent hire) that I took with the trainer and other trainee as a "group" effort, but it was for my score.

FYI schedules should be posted online tomorrow (a day early) as they had to be finished today due to workday transition, though as a reminder, mytime isn’t going anywhere, only eHR.
Unrelated to workday. Just mytime maintenance. Like you said mytime has nothing to do with workday. Workday also isn’t launching August 1st. It’s a slow roll out between August 1st-31st testing as they go. Our store isn’t slated to have access until late August.

Unrelated to workday. Just mytime maintenance. Like you said mytime has nothing to do with workday. Workday also isn’t launching August 1st. It’s a slow roll out between August 1st-31st testing as they go. Our store isn’t slated to have access until late August.
It specifically said in workbench due tonworkday transition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back