Archived ETL-AP position going away?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard rumors through the grapevine that the ETL-AP position is going away. I'm a fairly new APTL and I want to continue my career as an ETL-AP but I've heard the company is planning to phase out the position and replace the already existing positions with APTL's as they move on. Is there any truth to this? TIA

ETL-AP has already been phased out in many stores. When I promoted, I took over a former ETL-AP store. My understanding is that the company plans to continue that, but I don’t think the position is going completely away. Higher volume stores with larger teams have been retaining ETL-AP.

Last edited:
I’ve heard people say that it’s being phased out but I’ve never seen anything in writing. I did have a BP say positions are replaced based on AP segments and crime rate though.

but guest experience is such an important part of the company? idk
Right the core roles of the position will always be there but what I’m assuming is they’re getting rid of the GE position as an independent person. The whole org chart changes come January with modernization. The position will just absorbed into another role.

Right the core roles of the position will always be there but what I’m assuming is they’re getting rid of the GE position as an independent person. The whole org chart changes come January with modernization. The position will just absorbed into another role.

Service and Engagement Leader exists in the new op model org chart, unless they're radically changing them next year (and move all stores down to 2 ETLs)

base volume stores get a Specialty Sales Leader, Service and Engagement Leader, and a General Merchandise and Food Sales Leader

i just don't see them getting rid of GE any time soon

Service and Engagement Leader exists in the new op model org chart, unless they're radically changing them next year (and move all stores down to 2 ETLs)

base volume stores get a Specialty Sales Leader, Service and Engagement Leader, and a General Merchandise and Food Sales Leader

i just don't see them getting rid of GE any time soon
I mean I agree I was just going off what Humble TL said and rationalizing it. As a GSTL who’s had both a strictly ETL Ge and a SF/GE I can say there is no difference. A good GSTL basically eliminates the need for an ETL GE. It’s probably necessary in high volume stores... 70+ million maybe? As for the org charts it’s still a pilot and anything could happen come January.

Will APTLs be reporting directly to their AP business partners like the PMTs will?

I think that’s still the plan. Theory behind it is that we’ll be able to push back harder when asked to do things out of scope. It’s not that big of a deal for me at my store, but AP does get bullied in to extracurricular activities too often. I’m excited about it because I always get in to it with Ops ETLs and Logs when I cover other stores. Too much “you report to me, so do it” mentality.

Doubt it with the focus on shortage right now. New direction from our Regional SVP no AP LOD shifts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back