Archived Back-Up Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
My problem is you have these people in softlines scheduled for half the day and you hear them complain about how they backup all the time. Well..you ARE right there as opposed to say Market when I have a pull and half to walk halfway around the store just to get to the front lanes.

I dont know why sometimes people say it should be "fair" and "split" How about if you are right next to the damn lanes you hop on instead of wasting guests time and save other TMs from walking all the way across the building

Market should be last resort because
1 We are on the opposite side of the store and
2 We have to deal with temp sensitive items and dont get help with any of our work...EVER

Sorry mini rant

ASANTS I suppose. Market is very close to the checklanes at my store, so they are probably some of the fastest to respond to backup calls.

Went up for backup for a straight hour last night. The entire closing team called out. Not single team leader went on a register. I'm so frustrated.

Yeah, at my store, pog/instocks/pricing back up on a pretty even basis.

What I don't understand is ... If I'm in the backroom pulling my product and working beside a backroom tm pulling the researches ... Why am held to a different standard? Why do I have to reply? If I'm on a ladder carrying down a box, it becomes a race so that I don't get chastised later. Whatever. I'm sure someone will justify it somehow.

I have told them "I am up a ladder pulling a batch. Someone else needs to get the back up"

That's shitty. If my peers try to evade backup calls, I'll call them out by name :p

I have literally called people up that I knew were avoiding it. There are these two guys that are always slacking off, so when I get sick of being on register for my whole shift, I call across like, "Hey, I'm a bit tied up at the moment, but Lazy butthole #1 or #2 are on their way up."

We have a love-hate relationship.

One time I was so fed up I said "you know, I'm really swamped can anyone else besides me actually respond?" *crickets* "yeah, I didn't think so! GSA im going on my 15, i just saw flow team in A go grab them"

Today's the 3rd consecutive shift that I've had to stay for backup for more than 30 consecutive minutes. As a whole I've probably been on the register 60-90 minutes combined per shift. I'm on break now and I'm dreading going back out there. I'm fed up.

But just think of all the money you're making!!!

We had a GSA who did this ALL the time. I hate to say it but after a while she had tms ignoring her. Made it bad for when she really needed it. Lots of times depending on who was LOD at the time they would get on and say "we're OK" or "we really need help" and then we'd go up.
For some reason the video didn't show up but this was responding to The Boy who cried wolf video. Ok, I quit now just after I hit save changes the video popped up.

Last edited:
At my store, it seems that instocks and salesfloor TM's scheduled for presentation (softlines adjacency, salesplanners, etc) respond. Pricing, Plano, Signing, and Flow never respond. I will say that TLs and ETL's do respond a lot, but it's frustrating to be the only one or the one of few responding from the salesfloor.

I enjoy calling people out. Each week I print the cashier service report. I let my peers know who is, and who is not responding from the sales floor. I get the usual dribble about how much work they have in their area. Well, so does everyone.

I enjoy calling people out. Each week I print the cashier service report. I let my peers know who is, and who is not responding from the sales floor. I get the usual dribble about how much work they have in their area. Well, so does everyone.
Yesssss, that's exactly how I feel. Everyone has shit they have to deal with, but the faster EVERYONE responds for backup, the quicker everyone can get back to their work.

If they did that at my store I'd be calling them out as they are just standing there staring off into space half the time. If the GSA isn't redirecting guest and calling us out then its on.

I am 100% going to start doing this. I've definitely noticed that it's always the same 2-3 people each shift who come for backup. There has been a couple of times where I have literally been able to see a Softlines team member folding clothes in Girls, which is within direct eyesight of the checklanes, and they don't respond for backup.

Calling people out is not a fair practice. You often don't know their schedule nor their requirements. Food team members at my store are often off limits for most "global" activities like back up cashiering, smart huddles, and carry outs. There are reasons for this that other departments do not understand, so assuming laziness is poor.

Calling people out is not a fair practice. You often don't know their schedule nor their requirements. Food team members at my store are often off limits for most "global" activities like back up cashiering, smart huddles, and carry outs. There are reasons for this that other departments do not understand, so assuming laziness is poor.

Has zero to do with laziness. It's performing your core roles.

i just read that a persons store actually has pricing and pog come up... this blows my mind because neither of these teams even get asked to go to the registers. im on instocks and we are the only specialty team that does backup. in my opinion, the only people who shouldn't have to do backup is the operator, backroom team (unless its dead back there for some reason), and basically receiving.
And pharmacy....I was actually asked to "jump on a lane" the other day as I was leaving. I said I couldn't as I was already late clocking out. The ETL said, "it will just be a few minutes..." I said, "sorry, I really can't..." We are so tight on hours, we can't afford for me to be on the front lanes for even 10-15 minutes.

And pharmacy....I was actually asked to "jump on a lane" the other day as I was leaving. I said I couldn't as I was already late clocking out. The ETL said, "it will just be a few minutes..." I said, "sorry, I really can't..." We are so tight on hours, we can't afford for me to be on the front lanes for even 10-15 minutes.

Once CVS takes over that wont be an issue. I for one will not miss "additional cashiers to the pharmacy" going over the walkie.

Yesterday I was at the register for at least another 2 hours, in a FIVE hour shift. I don't know what the fuck is going on lately. On top of that, I was putting signs up because there were only 2 people working on them overnight. So much reshop was left undone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back