Archived backing up at lanes

Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems like my store is cutting hours so bad that everyone on the sales floor is always backing up at the lanes. And of course, that pretty much means in-stocks (if we even get to our job -- if we aren't doing freight or backstocking). Once in a great great while price-change will go up and if there's someone in softlines. So even if we get to do our job, it can't get done cause of backing up (let alone doing "vibe" which is more important than the stores work -per STL).

Those on plano and flow NEVER back up. Which has been brought up many many times -- they don't do anything about it (most likely due to the fact that there's NO walkies for them).

Is Target big wig so "into" their bonuses that they really don't care about the employees anymore? That's what alot of people are thinking.

Anyways....is other stores having this problem too? :senile:

Hours are cut at a lot of stores sad too say. If we are backed up at my store, instocks, price change, softlines will go up, and of course sales floor if we have someone. If guest service is empty, the person over there would go. If they have two at food ave, they would pull one from there. Deli, Produce, market. We nitpick almost at every area. The only person at my store that goes up from plano is the TL. The TMs only care about getting their work done, especially around this time of the year. As for logistics, they can't even hear the call because they are all on channel 2. Also, don't forget a lot of logistics TMs aren't cashier trained, and don't want too be because of that reason.

This isn't new. A great portion of a salesfloor shift is spent doing back-up at the front lanes.
I don't think (m)any of our logistics TMs are cashier trained, so in the morning my store is screwed.
Considering that the only softlines TM is the operator, the hardlines TM is covering electronics, and no one is in grocery until 10am.
Usually an ETL will jump on a lane during that time. Later in the day, past noon, we have mostly the salesfloor do back-up.
Food rarely comes up for back-up.

There are many days where a lot of us will go up about 10 times for guest first. At my store it's only ever hardlines & softlines that go up. If there are 2 at guest services (really only on the weekends) they will pull one from there. Or if we have both a GSA and a GSTL the GSA will hop on and the GSTL with speed weave.

Hours are cut at a lot of stores sad too say. If we are backed up at my store, instocks, price change, softlines will go up, and of course sales floor if we have someone. If guest service is empty, the person over there would go. If they have two at food ave, they would pull one from there. Deli, Produce, market. We nitpick almost at every area. The only person at my store that goes up from plano is the TL. The TMs only care about getting their work done, especially around this time of the year. As for logistics, they can't even hear the call because they are all on channel 2. Also, don't forget a lot of logistics TMs aren't cashier trained, and don't want too be because of that reason.

Okay I like the fact that you nitpick every area....so how do you do it? Like I said it's usually in-stocks....price change hardly and I mean hardly ever goes up ---- they are pissing us off. Do I mention something to them or have their TL do it? It's not fair that it's most always in-stocks.

Okay I like the fact that you nitpick every area....so how do you do it? Like I said it's usually in-stocks....price change hardly and I mean hardly ever goes up ---- they are pissing us off. Do I mention something to them or have their TL do it? It's not fair that it's most always in-stocks.

it is usually best to talk to YOUR TL first and let them talk to either the TL or TM's of another team.

We actually have a new GSA and she goes through the grid and calls on each workcenter. So she would call hardlines for a back-up cashier, next would be softines, produce, grocery, meat, deli, market, and then repeat. I'm not sure if she calls plano, price change, or logistics during the day. I doubt it because a lot of them are not trained or rusty in their cashiering.

There is a progression, first the people on the back up list (the assigned backup for that hour) then people from softlines and hardlines, then teams at least one person from each usually the TL - plano, price change and pfresh.
After that it's anybody with a walkie or else.

We are now having basically a mini "war" in my store over people being stolen for lanes. We always have a cashier back at the electronics boat, two on busy days. Apparently our GSA/GSTL have decided it's ok to steal that 2nd person because they don't think we are that busy back there. Being that we are attached to a mall (strange, I know) and the electronics boat is right at the entrance, yes, it is that busy back there. Also. Yesterday two of our closing HL TMs were on register for a solid half an hour and counting (our TL timed it) and went up to our GSA and was like "Are you planning to even try to get them off? They have other things to do. Get someone else up here. Rotate people out" I've been called up for guest first and been told to hop on a register with someone on it so that a cashier can take their break.

The TL from last night had a lovely conversation with the ETL-GS (which I heard cause I had to call another store to get an item for a guest) and oh boy was that fun to listen in on.

Go for lanes! More sales, more tm's, more hours.

Many of us wish it were like this. But we saw our store make goal for an entire month (not unusual) and we still lost hours the next. Our store is insanely tight with its hours.

^This.
They tell us we won't get hrs unless we make goal. We made goal & guess what? They said "Well obviously you were able to make sales WITHOUT those hrs" so we STILL didn't get our hrs....
head-desk ad nauseum

Go for lanes! More sales, more tm's, more hours.

Many of us wish it were like this. But we saw our store make goal for an entire month (not unusual) and we still lost hours the next. Our store is insanely tight with its hours.

^This.
They tell us we won't get hrs unless we make goal. We made goal & guess what? They said "Well obviously you were able to make sales WITHOUT those hrs" so we STILL didn't get our hrs....
head-desk ad nauseum

I noticed this same thing awhile back, and my former STL told me that HQ re-calculates hours on an annual basis, not month-to-month. For instance: Let's say your store blows their sales goal out of the water for July 2013. This means that your store should see an increase in hours when July 2014 rolls around, but your August 2013 hours will be based on your sales from August 2012. I have no idea whether this is actually accurate, but it would make sense why we see our stores making sales and still don't see an immediate increase in hours.

Anyone able to shine some light on this for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back