Archived Backroom and Women?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think anyone is saying cat litter and pet food is the hardest...just that is among the heaviest and they're easy examples.

Also, you have to climb a ladder for BPLS? Fuck that! We use the wave if we have to get one down from the top. And despite their awkward size, those boxes really aren't that bad to handle.
Wave top can handle 200 lbs.

Two women in our BR crew & they don't take guff off anyone.
They don't hesitate to pull a pallet for me or retrieve casepacks from high up, either.

Worked with and for many women in the backroom over my years at Target. They did as well as or better than the men. Go for it and good luck!

If you think you can do it go for it. For me pulling the tippy top of shelves and bulky stuff are harder to deal with than the heavy stuff. Heavy can be worked with but when they stack shit 5 boxes high on the top shelf and the tips of my fingers can't reach the bottom of the top box to bring it down is when being short sucks..

But I can still out pull some of the actual backroom people.. Oh can't reach that in bulk steel - no problem "where is the stacker?" and you drop the entire pallet down.

My BRTM and FLOW Sr. TL are both women and they are awesome; we currently have five women on our BR team and several more on the overall Logistics Team. Never really noticed a difference; so long as your a hard worker and watch your BR stats you will be fine. True some things are heavy that's why we have equipment; plus remember don't be a hero if have trouble with something just ask for help, and yes "us" guys do that all the time, the item is not worth getting injured for. Good Luck!

I hate when I'm trying to lift a heavy box and then my vagina starts acting all weird.

There are plenty of women in our backroom. Maybe even around 50/50 split, and everyone gets along just fine.

Don't let anyone tell you that women can't work the backroom. That's bullshit. I'm actually a little surprised that anyone would've given you that impression.

Not sure if it's merely anecdotal, but I've found most of the women in logistics I've come across in 5+ years seem to be harder working than the men. My fastest BRTM is a small woman and two best at keeping brand are women.

I know this thread is about a month old but just came across it while searching for some stuff for backroom. I started as a cashier then moved to Overnight Logistics and now I am switching to full time dayside backroom. I am 25 years old, 5' 6" and weight like 120 and have impressed all the logistic and backroom team members. My new team lead is female as well plus we are in the middle of the backroom relay which I have just taken over. Gender, size and age doesn't matter as long as you are hard working and not afraid to sometimes get a little dirty and can lift at least 25 pds (thats about the heaviest cat little bucket) anything more then that should be a team lift.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back