Archived Backroom Suppose To Push CAF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Havok

Finally A Guest Again
So, the other day, our store only had 2 people on the sales floor. Our hours haven't come back and we ended up pulling 12 hours of CAF plus EXF. The backroom had 3 guys including me that day and they pulled 2 of us to go push the CAF and EXF that we pulled. I'm not complaining about it, I don't really mind pushing CAF but, my coworker who pushed with me was pretty upset since we also had huge PLANO to pull and I forget how many hours of price change.

It was actually pretty intense because the 2 people who were on salesfloor were nowhere to be seen so, Guests pretty much tore me and my BRTM a new asshole with endless questions and with really salty attitude. I was literally being blamed and yelled at for there not being more team members on the salesfloor. As if I have power over that shit.

Anyway, does your backroom push CAF with you on days where no one is on the salesfloor or do you guys just let yourself get backed up?

It depends on store needs, my store no way. Your store, it appears yes. Depending on The store, best practice is yes. I don't agree, because no hours.
But, take the hours, if spot is giving them.

Last edited:
We have to push so normally we just have the mid pull and push them while the closer takes care of the backroom.

Backroom should never be pushing on the floor unless they are purging the back.

Backroom should never be pushing on the floor unless they are purging the back.
the change in cafs cut back room hours a lot. they are supposed to push cafs with hours given.

granted with order pick up/other stuff they can struggle and they push that to other workcenters.

It depends on store needs, my store no way. Your store, it appears yes. Depending on The store, best practice is yes. I don't agree, because no hours.
But, take the hours, if spot is giving them.
I see. I agree that store needs come first but, they don't give us extra hours. They expect us to do all this work in the 4 and 5 hours shifts.

I know we do. If sales floor is low on people. We've pulled, pushed and backstocked 17 hours worth of autofills. There is one ETL who will have our closing BRTM push his CAFs when she's Lod. It pisses him off pretty bad and he feels very used up and abused which has ruined attitude and will to be at work and has started looking elsewhere for employment. Depending on time of day I'd say best practice would be to save them for flow team but that's me.

I dont get why other stores would make BR push cafs. What about Backstock, flexes, audits, updating locationsm ship to stores and the like?

I mean, once and while I've been asked to help push an autofill when opening BR but that's because it's a little slow in the morning. Once flow leaves and cafs start dropping, it gets busy. If my store tried to force me to push, i'd take the maximum time pulling cafs then. I'd print out of caf report at each hour and take the goal time to pull. They couldn't do anything about that.

At my store, the opening BR pull and push autofills. If they just pulled, some of their hours would go to salesfloor person to push. Closer also pushes.

My backroom day team is basically the auxiliary sales floor team. We push everything, answer call buttons, take phone calls, etc. because the two people on the sales floor have been back-up cashing for almost their entire shifts.

We've been lucky enough to get help with the BTS push lately, which has really saved us. And one specific LOD makes the sales floor team push at least one area on his closes.

What about Backstock, flexes, audits, updating locationsm ship to stores and the like?

Obviously SPUs and STS come before everything else, but we have to find time to backstock and set the line after we're done pushing all the CAFs. The audit, ELAs, LOCU, etc. are the responsibility of overnight, and they do them after they finish the truck backstock.

So, the other day, our store only had 2 people on the sales floor. Our hours haven't come back and we ended up pulling 12 hours of CAF plus EXF. The backroom had 3 guys including me that day and they pulled 2 of us to go push the CAF and EXF that we pulled. I'm not complaining about it, I don't really mind pushing CAF but, my coworker who pushed with me was pretty upset since we also had huge PLANO to pull and I forget how many hours of price change.

It was actually pretty intense because the 2 people who were on salesfloor were nowhere to be seen so, Guests pretty much tore me and my BRTM a new asshole with endless questions and with really salty attitude. I was literally being blamed and yelled at for there not being more team members on the salesfloor. As if I have power over that shit.

Anyway, does your backroom push CAF with you on days where no one is on the salesfloor or do you guys just let yourself get backed up?
Our backroom pushes their CAFs but our PLANO team is supposed to pull their own POGs

I don't know why this is the norm now. Can sales floor not mid day after the 1s are out at 130 then have salesfloor work pulls and zone after the 3s are done? I don't understand why BR is meant to push and pull when I could have them cleaning residual freight, price change pulls, cleaning the line for tomorrow, cardboard, etc.

It feels like an easy thing for leaders to delegate down rather than work themselves.

I don't know why this is the norm now. Can sales floor not mid day after the 1s are out at 130 then have salesfloor work pulls and zone after the 3s are done? I don't understand why BR is meant to push and pull when I could have them cleaning residual freight, price change pulls, cleaning the line for tomorrow, cardboard, etc.

It feels like an easy thing for leaders to delegate down rather than work themselves.

Back up to the check lanes, please.

hee hee

in that same token... I don't know why this is the norm now. Can cashiers not help the guests in a timely manner so salesfloor can do the pulls and the zone? I don't understand why salesfloor is meant to back up cashier when they could be working on the salesfloor.

Payroll makes the world go round.

This is essentially how it used to be at my store. Of course, there were more (and better) cashiers resulting in fewer back-up calls and more sales floor TMs resulting in everything being done more quickly. Even with hourly CAFs, things still got cleaned up for the most part.

At my friend's store, a salesfloor tm was covering backroom on closing shift. Because they were certified & want to pick up some hours.

It happened again today except this time, all of us were sent to push. We apparently had 10 call offs. What the hell? Was there some kind of game today or what? How do 10 people call off like that? Anyway, it was fun doing location checks while on the salesfloor... Luckily we were only pulled for the 1 o'clock CAF because 3 o'clock was pretty massive. This time, backroom and salesfloor were pretty even. 3 brtm and 3 salesfloor. I think they went on sos mode and started calling everyone who was off to come fill in for the massive call offs.

Also, my lod is an asshole. She told me to haul ass even though my back looked like the Nile river.

I love that everyone here is happy and willing to help out other workcenters!
Oh I'm sorry, does salesfloor want to come back and help the backroom in exchange for us pushing their CAFs?

Oh I'm sorry, does salesfloor want to come back and help the backroom in exchange for us pushing their CAFs?
Hmm? Not only do I help pull hourlies when behind, but I help with backstock almost every morning, do my own pulls and backstock, help with shipping orders, and grab all the flex orders after backroom is gone on my closes... I also have trained multiple of my own sales floor team members to pull/backstock so as to not bother backroom while they may be behind.

Though rare, when I do ask if our backroom team members can help push, they're happy to.

Also, my lod is an asshole. She told me to haul ass even though my back looked like the Nile river.
That's when you stop for a second and just glare at the LOD let the sweat drip down your brow and then smile and walk away.

Hmm? Not only do I help pull hourlies when behind, but I help with backstock almost every morning, do my own pulls and backstock, help with shipping orders, and grab all the flex orders after backroom is gone on my closes... I also have trained multiple of my own sales floor team members to pull/backstock so as to not bother backroom while they may be behind.

Though rare, when I do ask if our backroom team members can help push, they're happy to.
Well that is pretty amazing! And not at all indicative of how a lot of other stores operate.

Our backroom luckily does not regularly get asked to help salesfloor, though they do help push autofills on non-truck days and the veteran TMs each Own a few key areas that they try to keep full on the floor.

This works out ok, because salesfloor doesn't do shit for our backroom. We're lucky if they put their backstock in the right spot or ask where to put it instead of leaving it just inside the door to the main (pull clip still attached of course). Cardboard gets left on the floor/on top of a trash can/on the line/with the backstock instead of in the baler. Pulls only half worked or only worked to the home location. Things like that...

Well that is pretty amazing! And not at all indicative of how a lot of other stores operate.

Our backroom luckily does not regularly get asked to help salesfloor, though they do help push autofills on non-truck days and the veteran TMs each Own a few key areas that they try to keep full on the floor.

This works out ok, because salesfloor doesn't do shit for our backroom. We're lucky if they put their backstock in the right spot or ask where to put it instead of leaving it just inside the door to the main (pull clip still attached of course). Cardboard gets left on the floor/on top of a trash can/on the line/with the backstock instead of in the baler. Pulls only half worked or only worked to the home location. Things like that...
Having been backroom, I'm very strict with my team members when it comes to things like that. Backstock should be detrashed, organized, and in its proper area.

I think there's a lot of give and take. We keep things near and easy for backroom and they do the same in turn.

Our backroom helps push. On truck days they go out and push an area. On non truck days the opener does the audit, FF's, pulls, and helps push. Then our next tm will come in and 1 will focus on backstock and the other pull pogs, research, and manuals. The Closer will pull the 3s and depending on how much is back there to push and how many people are on the floor they will push 1 or 2 and then go back to the backroom and backstock and pull manuals. If the backroom needs help with flexibles or any of the 1s or 3s they will call the Lod and we will go back and help pull or we will find someone who can help. It's all a give and take though. We all work together to get every thing done. If they are super behind with backstock then we won't pull them to push and will get them some
help. It just depends on the day and the situation if they help or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back