Archived backroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if I'm describing this right. We're a P-fresh store by the way. In Receiving we have aisles 300s to 800s. P-Fresh has a Produce, Meat, and Frozen coolers plus aisles 1-20. Next is what we call the 100s which has aisles 100 (for Bike, Sport, and Luggage), 102-118, plus the racks across from them for bulk items. Lastly the 200s which contains the Electronics stockroom (sections 301-305) and aisles 204-215 (plus more racks).

The cafs could be better under control with the amount of BR TMs we have. It's the select few that don't give a damn about anything when pulling that make completing it take longer than necessary. I care about getting work done while some others couldn't care less. When I pull with the TM who trained me we can complete 1 1/2hr to 1 3/4hr cafs by ourselves with no problem. An 1hr or 1 1/2hr caf with two less reliable TMs and we barely make before the hour is up.

While pulling multiple FF orders yesterday the LOD is calling for BR and not getting any response. Eight, nine, ten times she's calling and I knew for a fact two of the three TMs back there had walkies, one of which I had recently walkied. So I respond by saying who was back there pulling cafs and that I didn't understand what they were doing and why they weren't responding. She said she'd go back there and see what was happening. Later on one of those TMs questioned why I said what I said (which confirmed he had a walkie) and basically said that sometimes "we don't want to respond and I don't like it when people act like there TLs when they're not." I gave ample time for someone to reply before I interjected and for him to make that claim over one small thing I said, because I called you out on being intentionally unresponsive, really ticked me off.

Thanks for the additional replies. I guess it seems that some stores suck and others don't. As for seasonal/PTM, we have at least 18 pallets/flats of christmas/holiday seasonal lining two isles and clogging things up. It's a disaster.

Look upon my works ye mighty and despair...

2zix8.jpg

Wow, if I didn't know better I'd say you worked at my old store.

What bugs me the most about those pictures is seeing the amount of empty upper case locations and knowing that 2 people can knock a very large portion of that backstock out in no time.

Wow thats a lot of backstock. How big are your guys trucks. We have been getting 2200-2600 piece trucks and we pretty much come clean with all backstock including ambient room everyday. On bad days we have a few rooms in the ambient room left and some backstock carts. How big are your guys trucks and how many people do you have backstocking??

jk51d.jpg

What sucks is our back room is HUGE, but we don't utilize it properly.
ETL-LOG doesn't care. STL couldn't manage their way out of a paper bag. BRTL is a 22 year old GSTL.
Unlocated stuff everywhere, one of the backroom day guys causes 30 something errors a week!
Pics were taken at approximately 3:00pm yesterday, one backroom day guy to do the CAFs, PC, bales and whatever backstock they can get to.
Last week the DTL came in, saw this, and flipped out. They called in people from other stores to fix it, and seven days later it's like this again.
If this was an anomaly, or could be blamed on the holiday or something I could over look it, but it's been like this for over a year. It'll get cleaned up (by someone else) and then BAM! Right back to this.

Your ETL-LOG and BRTL need to be replaced. I don't normally do the "blame the leadership" routine but THAT is blatantly a problem at the top snowballing downhill. The TL is not pushing for results (or whatever the buzzword is) and the ETL-LOG is not holding the TL accountable. If you are inadequately staffed, then they screwed up during the hiring season.

Your ETL-LOG and BRTL need to be replaced. I don't normally do the "blame the leadership" routine but THAT is blatantly a problem at the top snowballing downhill. The TL is not pushing for results (or whatever the buzzword is) and the ETL-LOG is not holding the TL accountable. If you are inadequately staffed, then they screwed up during the hiring season.

This. It sounds like your team's leadership needs to go.

Just curious, why are all those boxes open?
Probably because flow can't read a pick label, then look at the shelf.

Hopefully they do better than mine who like to backstock them as cases with the box open or with the plastic cut (can't tell you how many times I've taken off a case of soup off a high shelf to find out that the plastic is cut completely as the cans go scattering across the floor.....

my store is making all the early morning backroom guy close once a week. she say she being fair that everybody should close. but i feel i don't have a job title anymore.

ours is the same

Just curious, why are all those boxes open?
Probably because flow can't read a pick label, then look at the shelf.

Hopefully they do better than mine who like to backstock them as cases with the box open or with the plastic cut (can't tell you how many times I've taken off a case of soup off a high shelf to find out that the plastic is cut completely as the cans go scattering across the floor.....

At my store, if we open casepacks without pushing any units from them, we close the boxes by interlocking the flaps such that the pick label is still on the outside. If it's a shrinkwrapped case that has been opened, well, that's different. Those items have to be handled as openstock instead.

ours is the same
Ours too. They have about 60 years between the two of them, but it's like every day is their first truck.

Whoever opens the case, should be the one to tape it. But they shouldn't open it in the first place!

So I was the only BR TM scheduled today. Guest requests and FF all day along with huge CAFs. I should just quit. It's really absurd.

Since this thread is more recent I'm going to ask here. I'm trying to gauge how horribly understaffed our BR is (or not). I work Sat and Sun and we all know this is the busiest time of the year. Our Sat schedule included one BR TM (new person) from 800-130. I was scheduled 10-630 and the closer came in at 4pm. Sunday it was me from 930-530 and the closer from 1200-830 though the HL ETL talked him into staying until 9. Our coverage is really so bad that our closer can't even stay until close. I'm on the 1200-830 shift next Saturday.

We would need to know the average size of your CAF pulls and what else is expected of your backroom TMs to be able to tell you.

The CAFs were over 40 both days. I've been scheduled early the last month or so in order to finish grocery backstock from the truck (I have a accomplished this a few times). Other days I backstock toys and most of GM side from the truck. I get stuck making bales almost daily. I think I manage the spectrum of BR tasks on nearly a daily basis while the rest don't care. We also do FF of course.

This was working OK until the seasonal crap poured in. Once that got behind, everything went downhill and our backroom is a disaster. I haven't really been asked to backstock in about a week because of how futile it would be. Have you ever had flow/BR TM come from another store to help your store backstock? We have and they were there again today.

Their store is already clean from today's truck and here is what our grocery side looks like. This is from last weeks truck:

XQDgQ1G.jpg

That is the most awesome stock room I've ever seen...6 Beverage aisles!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back