Archived backroom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look upon my works ye mighty and despair...

2zix8.jpg

Whoever had the great idea of putting rugs there needs to be moved to a special postion

to the left of that are two racks for beverage 38E, 38F, 38G, 38H with 10 shelves for each of those "aisles"

lol. I don't carry my phone on me at work, but those backrooms look beautiful compared to mine.

For the past three weeks we have had pallets and vehicles of backstock from one side of the backroom to the other. They were completely blocking the steel locations and that is with basically all of our backroom team working overtime. The problem at our store is simple: flow team doesn't push. On Thursday we got 18 pallets of toy backstock, then when I went on my lunch I walked past toys on the sales floor and roughly 40% of it was completely empty locations of product we had sitting on pallets in the back. When I bring this up to the ETL Logistics he covers for them, when I bring it up to the Flow TL he covers for them, when I bring it up to the STL he says "that's disappointing" and does nothing about it. Our backroom team right now estimates that about roughly one third to half of the total product we get to backstock on a daily basis will fit on to the floor yet it doesn't get pushed.

I have some pictures of my backroom but I'm a little nervous to post them to a public forum. PM me if you want to see some ugly backstock =p

lol. I don't carry my phone on me at work, but those backrooms look beautiful compared to mine.

For the past three weeks we have had pallets and vehicles of backstock from one side of the backroom to the other. They were completely blocking the steel locations and that is with basically all of our backroom team working overtime. The problem at our store is simple: flow team doesn't push. On Thursday we got 18 pallets of toy backstock, then when I went on my lunch I walked past toys on the sales floor and roughly 40% of it was completely empty locations of product we had sitting on pallets in the back. When I bring this up to the ETL Logistics he covers for them, when I bring it up to the Flow TL he covers for them, when I bring it up to the STL he says "that's disappointing" and does nothing about it. Our backroom team right now estimates that about roughly one third to half of the total product we get to backstock on a daily basis will fit on to the floor yet it doesn't get pushed.

This is how it is at my store. The Flow team does not know how to push, there has actually been a few times when we have been sent out to help the Flow team and managed to get the multiple pallets of backstock they were going to send back down by half.

It really sucks for us because it makes us look like we are slacking when they send so much stuff back. The reason our backroom is a disaster is mostly because of a lazy flow team

This is how it is at my store. The Flow team does not know how to push, there has actually been a few times when we have been sent out to help the Flow team and managed to get the multiple pallets of backstock they were going to send back down by half.

It really sucks for us because it makes us look like we are slacking when they send so much stuff back. The reason our backroom is a disaster is mostly because of a lazy flow team

At least you are allowed to try and fix the problem. I have volunteered many times to help fix the disaster on flow team, but my leadership team refuses to let me throw flow team members into the compactor until they stop being lazy asshats.

Too bad I can't show this to my leadership team who is all over us for not getting pulls done on time. Perhaps they'd let up a bit knowing our backroom is actually clean. What you're dealing with is way more pressing and terrifying.

Challenge?

Too bad I can't show this to my leadership team who is all over us for not getting pulls done on time. Perhaps they'd let up a bit knowing our backroom is actually clean. What you're dealing with is way more pressing and terrifying.

If you have enough people to BS everything why can't you pull on time?

If you have enough people to BS everything why can't you pull on time?

Because the two teams are different. Flow and dayside. The problem lies within the dayside team .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back