Archived Backstocking With Zebra errors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Recently at our store, we have noticed, particularly in softlines, that when the Zebra is used to backstock items, the item will show up in the waco initially, however, just a few seconds later, if you re-scan that same item, the waco location has already disappeared. Since then, the softlines team has been using a PDA to backstock as much as possible and there are no instances of this happening with a PDA..

Have any of you had the same experience? If so, do you happen to know why it may be happening, and is there a remedy to correct this?

Are you hitting "OK" when it asks you if you want to STO no quantity items in the particular waco? I have never had an issue with items dropping out of a location and almost always use a zebra for backstock. I have noticed when doing pulls for new pogs, the system thinks there are multiple qtys of assortments stowed into a location, but that's a separate issue.

We're all still trying to figure out how to pull batches & back stock with the zebras here lol ‍♀️‍♀️

I haven't checked the new mydevice(zebras) but the old ipod ones had no working memory, when you backstocked if you didn't wait for the count to update on your side you could interrupt the sto process and it wouldn't sto, so something like scanning a new item too soon would interrupt it. Ofc that was compounded by there being no confirmation beep like there is on a PDA and the only way to check was to look at the count number to tick on the my device which was very inconsistent timing. It's a huge usability difference that buffer exists on a PDA and it's quite big, so in a pda you can san an item, sto it back out of the program enter a new one and the pda would follow though with all those steps with beeps confirming each step in between.

Are you hitting "OK" when it asks you if you want to STO no quantity items in the particular waco? I have never had an issue with items dropping out of a location and almost always use a zebra for backstock. I have noticed when doing pulls for new pogs, the system thinks there are multiple qtys of assortments stowed into a location, but that's a separate issue.

I'm sure they are hitting ok and doing everything they should. This particular team is very knowledgeable with flow, softlines and backroom processes, and it is truly driving them crazy. They have tried slowing down and if they are using the zebra, they are double and triple checking each item they have attempted to backstock, sometimes having to do it 2 or 3 times before it actually takes and stays. I think that the most prominent issue they are having are with assortment casepacks. Those seem to be the ones that have been causing the majority of the issues with the zebra.

I'll be more specific and tell you what exactly happens sometimes with the zebra.

The item is scanned, say you are going to place it in 01 A 015A26.

So the item is scanned, the location is scanned, then it asks how many are you stowing, say 1, hit OK.

At that moment, it will show up as being in waco 01 A015A26, no problem, right?

Well, if you scan same item that is now located in that waco 30 seconds later, it is now showing NO location. So, once the team caught it, they just continue to scan the item and waco over and over until it takes and the quantity is correct, either it be by # or by some. That is very time consuming, so they have decided to try to backstock with a PDA as much as possible for now.

Sounds to me to be "safe", continue using the PDA to backstock until the issue of the zebra is rectified. The last thing your store wants is missing items.

I use the zebra almost all the time to sto items. Its a glitch in the android system when you have too many applications open at the same time. Its does everything on your side but it doesnt send the sto info.

when I had an issue with location accuracy using a zebra I checked with both and noticed that so I dug around in the zebra stats. If you only have gatekeeper and mywork open and still does it, its having issues.

There are other things I learned that I wont share because I dont want IT to fix them because they benefit me.

Can we pull batches on the Zebra's now?
please dear Elune let this not happen. The Zebras and myDevices are the worst thing to happen to the backroom. it allows way to many people to believe they know what they are doing when every report you can run that deals with accuracy willl tell you that they most certainly do not know what they are doing.

please dear Elune let this not happen. The Zebras and myDevices are the worst thing to happen to the backroom. it allows way to many people to believe they know what they are doing when every report you can run that deals with accuracy willl tell you that they most certainly do not know what they are doing.
It's happening. I was told PDA's will be gone shortly after Q4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back