Archived Bad Habits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pulling, but "forget" to physically pull item. Happens every few times.

Accidentally bumping walkie channel. I work fast and proficient.

Not having my name tag all the time. I go through so many of them.

Not calling out Alerts fast enough, unless there's an issue.

Ignoring trash, because I am tired of cleaning up after every one. Supposed to be "One team."

And the most important of them all. The main one

sheldon-smiling-o.gif

tumblr_n50gc0lJEM1spwf9yo1_500.gif

tumblr_mr4dz5EqiK1snckzzo1_400.gif

effy-stonem-fake-smile-gif-kaya-scodelario-Favim.com-3886709.gif

Last edited:
Telling people to stop yelling through the radio. I got talked to by an ETL for that lol. Apparently its not professional to let team members know that screaming into the walkie makes their already static radio worse.

I still do it!

Swearing over the walkie! Even though I'm on channel 2, I've caught myself using some colorful words while there was definitely another TM out on the floor with their walkie on 2.

When I'm in the backroom, I compulsively respond out loud to people who are talking on the walkie, particularly when the GSTL/GSA is calling for back-ups or the operator gets testy about people not picking up their phone calls. It probably annoys the hell out of my backroom comrades, but too bad.

When picking SFS orders, I'll sometimes skip items in backroom locations and get it from the salesfloor if it's difficult to get down or if it means breaking open a casepack for a single item. Which should cause it to drop into the next CAF batch and someone else will end up pulling it.
When I was doing SFS I would do the same thing, especially if I knew it was on the sales floor. Not going to open a case of 12 for a single item and have to BS 11 open stock.

I do this sometimes with SPU orders, especially if I'm already on the sales floor when the order drops. If I have the flex printer with me and the aisle location is right there, why waste time going all the way to the backroom and coming all the way back to put the item into hold at the service desk? The exception to this is toys because........well, toys.

When picking SFS orders, I'll sometimes skip items in backroom locations and get it from the salesfloor if it's difficult to get down or if it means breaking open a casepack for a single item. Which should cause it to drop into the next CAF batch and someone else will end up pulling it.
I do the same lol... I only pull from wacos, skip the bulk locations, and go to the floor :D

Swearing over the walkie! Even though I'm on channel 2, I've caught myself using some colorful words while there was definitely another TM out on the floor with their walkie on 2.
Back in Q4, I was on the floor pulling SFS orders and a guest asked for help. Then SFS captain asks over CH 2 whether he should get this or that for his lunch. Then he starts a discussion with a BR TM about it. Guest was amused

Not wearing my walkie. I like to set it down in a cart or on a desk and wander off.

So many people who don't take their breaks! I used to be guilty of that, but then I had a TL who very strongly encouraged us to take them and I realized that I got more done and was in a better mood when I took all my breaks.

My worst habit? Standing around and ranting angrily by the dish sinks...

So many people who don't take their breaks! I used to be guilty of that, but then I had a TL who very strongly encouraged us to take them and I realized that I got more done and was in a better mood when I took all my breaks.

My worst habit? Standing around and ranting angrily by the dish sinks...

I hate when people don't take their breaks!

I hate when people don't take their breaks!
We had one lady in Deli who very rarely took her breaks and we kept telling her that it created unreasonable expectations, especially because she was an opener and mostly did production (which has been impossible to 100% complete in over a year now). It generally creates more problems than it solves with the added kicker that it is evidently totally Brand to coach TMs for not taking 15's.

We had one lady in Deli who very rarely took her breaks and we kept telling her that it created unreasonable expectations, especially because she was an opener and mostly did production (which has been impossible to 100% complete in over a year now). It generally creates more problems than it solves with the added kicker that it is evidently totally Brand to coach TMs for not taking 15's.

Not to mention the are working for free.

When flexing out d-code. If I have a couple single items left, I will scan them as repacks to cut the price and just get them out of here. I flex out multiples, but some single items? Not worth the flip label.

Working sfs, I picked almost exclusively from wacos and SF too. :)

I always tell people "you don't get paid enough to not take your break." Probably not what I'm supposed to say, but it's true. I know a lot of TLs who don't take their breaks too, but I always take mine.

When zoning if I see a guest move something and leave it horridly out of place I will quickly go and fix it while they are still next to it. Sometimes it means cutting them off and squeezing by them. Bitch I just zoned don't fuck it up.

When zoning if I see a guest move something and leave it horridly out of place I will quickly go and fix it while they are still next to it. Sometimes it means cutting them off and squeezing by them. Bitch I just zoned don't fuck it up.
Yesssssss passive aggressive zoning :D I do this all the time with softlines tables. Actually every time a guest goes anywhere near my precious RTW tables that I just fixed up I start fussing with them and making sure I'm in their line of vision

What are some bad habits you have at work?

Mine is using the bathroom AFTER my break/lunch is over when I had all the time in world to do use the bathroom earlier.

This is mine, usually because i forget, and I get 10x more peace when I have to go #2 in our BR bathroom.

When I'm in the backroom, I compulsively respond out loud to people who are talking on the walkie, particularly when the GSTL/GSA is calling for back-ups or the operator gets testy about people not picking up their phone calls. It probably annoys the hell out of my backroom comrades, but too bad.

I do this too! I've been 'caught' a few times when I thought I was alone...that can be interesting, depending on what I've said! The worst is when our 7:30-8am TMs arrive and asked to be let in. A few say "good morning- could someone please let me in?" or something...and I'm always in a terrible mood early in the shift, so the kindergarten-teacher-sounding "good morning" usually arouses an interesting response from me with a few f-bombs attached. :oops:

But yea- 9 times out of 10 if the GSTL says "We need some backup!" I respond (to myself, but out loud) "no...you need to effing hire people" :rolleyes:

What are some bad habits you have at work?

Mine is using the bathroom AFTER my break/lunch is over when I had all the time in world to do use the bathroom earlier.

Boss makes a dollar I make a time that's why I poop on company time

Yep. Same. Especially if they put strawberries on top of other strawberries in a way that would make them out of temp. Bitch I ain't tossing these just because you can't put em back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back