Archived Bake Center Endcap

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know this Bake Center focal is only in a small amount of stores as a test subject but what do you guys think about sacrificing your Bulk Water E/C for this? For those that are unaware what Im talking about its a paper assembled focal that holds sugar, frosting, PAM, baking chocolate, etc. and takes the place of the Bulk Water E/C which moves to a standard back endcap...in my store's case its actually right in front of the water wall.

Do you have 3 bulk ends? We set ours already its a pain because our vendors lose that endcap, just means something else I have to fill. I wouldn't think it would be that much of a deal to lose that bulk end for the focal.

I like it. It's a nice change for once. There's enough water along the back wall that it shouldn't hurt water sales and it draws attention. Having the water endcap next to the water wall is useless, but that's alright. We'll know for next time(assuming it sells well) so we can plan accordingly.

I like it. It's a nice change for once. There's enough water along the back wall that it shouldn't hurt water sales and it draws attention. Having the water endcap next to the water wall is useless, but that's alright. We'll know for next time(assuming it sells well) so we can plan accordingly.

Water-wall, haha. Store layout seems very different from ours, we don't have any water wall...or back wall of water, heh. We have that end cap though, pretty much same spot too. It's actually one aisle down from water, in snacks.

We had it last year as well and it drove quite a lot of sales. For some shoppers seeing everything together makes for impulse buying.

Ours looks good at first but starts looking a little shabby after about a week.
Yeh, we got rough shoppers.

That's the problem with the cardboard fancy endcaps they look worn especially in high traffic stores and sloppy stocking habits. My store has it it looks nice.

We had the bake center last year, and it did great sales-wise. We only have 2 bulks, and going down to one doesn't take much away from sales. We still have an ad rotation for water (just a normal endcap), but at this time of year, water isn't as good of a seller as Thanksgiving related items. It helps too that we have a high capacity water wall. Honestly, one less endcap to have to depend on the vendors for every week is a nice change.

Are any of yours missing a spot for the most essential baking supply: flour? it's not on the planogram and I find it funny.

I rejoice at this endcap. No more changing water out when its not a coke or perpsi water on ad yessssssssssssss

We had the same thing last year and it did pretty well.
Our entire back wall is water so there isn't a major loss.

I rejoice at this endcap. No more changing water out when its not a coke or perpsi water on ad yessssssssssssss

I don't think we've ever had water on our bulk endcaps. We generally leave one coke and one pepsi except if there is a big sale on one or the other. Our vendors always change them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back