Too many candle endcaps? Not going clearance/salvage?

Currently have like 7 candle endcaps. On top of that I had to find places to flex all the discontinued candles and still have very old ones that never go salvage. Goodness gracious leave me alone.

Seems like a new brand is coming out every 3 months.

Defect out all the ones that haven't gone salvage and the discontinued ones.

Candles sell really well at my store once they hit clearance; I stuffed an endcap full when I reset the candles pog and they are almost all gone and it's only been a week. Any discontinued candles that came out of the old pog, I defected out as that is the direction I've been given by my leadership (whether that's the best solution is up for debate 🤷🏻‍♀️ but it certainly solves the problem of what to do with them).

Not sure if this is true for you or not, but for the last salesplan reset two of the candle salesplans were duplicates so could be combined.

Defect out all the ones that haven't gone salvage and the discontinued ones.

Candles sell really well at my store once they hit clearance; I stuffed an endcap full when I reset the candles pog and they are almost all gone and it's only been a week. Any discontinued candles that came out of the old pog, I defected out as that is the direction I've been given by my leadership (whether that's the best solution is up for debate 🤷🏻‍♀️ but it certainly solves the problem of what to do with them).

Not sure if this is true for you or not, but for the last salesplan reset two of the candle salesplans were duplicates so could be combined.

Thanks I'll ask if I can defect it. We mainly only defect it if it's food related.

I thought I read somewhere (Sept. monthly planner?)that they wanted us to start donating these stuff. Have to read up on that again.

Thanks I'll ask if I can defect it. We mainly only defect it if it's food related.

I thought I read somewhere (Sept. monthly planner?)that they wanted us to start donating these stuff. Have to read up on that again.

Your other option for the discontinued candles would be to mark them down (repackage) and see if they sell on a clearance endcap. I do this when I have a lot of a discontinued item. If it's only one or two of a dpci, depending on what kind of time I have left for the day, it could go either way, defect or markdown.

We marked ours down and scattered them throughout style. The ones in intimates sold really well.

Do they have any of these?
I'd like to pick up a few.

70o6C_0f8MVjVps-RQQFj3jJ2rlBhbPAC3B8oPYXf7M.jpg

My store has too many door mat end caps...

With one end cap having a really tall shelf that an average height person would have trouble reaching... With rugs on the bottom that have flimsy brackets that don't hold them in place and are prone to making the rugs fall

Do markdown before defect/salvage. It hits the store less with shortage/total loss and you will also show on AP reports if you defect like crazy which is always nice to avoid.

I move our discontinued candles to the home flat until they salvage and leave the endcaps for the new fall candles

Listen, if there is any sort of space at all up at the check lanes put that shit up there. It'll sell like crazy. Sign it, tie it. Even if you just do a shelf at a time. Their area is always barren (at least at our store) so they love when we flex there. We do a lot of overstock holiday type mugs and things like that. For beauty we do skincare items, especially those that have a different DPCI than what is in the home location.

Back