Bay ramp

fdc
I’m not to sure that’s what it is called. The tail on the ramp that folds out when you are unloading A trailer. Is there any rule that it should be folded back before the truck leaves? To me that tells me if the driver is out there ready to leave or not. I thought it was a universal sign. Lol That’s what the receiver told me a long time ago.
Is it a universal sign?

So the driver drove off with me. We have a new management team. Our receiver walked out. The new SD was playing receiver since it was SD’s fault. As they were taking the last pallets off I told SD I was going to get the empties from the dairy cooler to load on. I wasn’t more than 3 minutes, SD was asking AP about the paperwork at the desk and I loaded the pallets. I hear someone yell my name and I turned around and I was 30 feet away and still moving. (You should of seen their faces) I knew the driver was going to go around the corner out of the way and stop (they didn’t know this)to close the door so I just secured the pallet jack and sat down. SD and AP bolted out the door as to save my life so they thought. It was actually touching to know they actually cared.

What in the world are you talking about? Kindly slow down, condense and rephrase the post. It's tough to follow. Thank you.

RDC truck or FDC? If it’s the FDC truck in my experience the driver doesn’t even walk back out of the building until we are done, truck closed and copies of paperwork signed.
RDC- pin lock should be changed to the correct color so the driver knows it’s ready to take.
regardless- you’ve now got a new cool Target tale to tell.

Wow the biggest surprise I took from this story was your SD was receiving the truck lol. I have heard of RDC drivers pulling a truck out while the team was unloading, line inside the truck and all.

RDC truck or FDC? If it’s the FDC truck in my experience the driver doesn’t even walk back out of the building until we are done, truck closed and copies of paperwork signed.
RDC- pin lock should be changed to the correct color so the driver knows it’s ready to take.
regardless- you’ve now got a new cool Target tale to tell.
It was FDC. That is how it usually is at our store also. I am just making sure it wasn’t my fault. I told SD that all of that should of been done Before the driver was buzzed out. I wanted to make sure I wasn’t wromg.

Is there any rule that it should be folded back before the truck leaves?
The ramp for the truck bay should always be folded up in the "closed" position before any trailer pulls out, it could possibly damage the ramp. At my store the driver typically takes care of it but there have been so many new drivers and I assume your store switched to C&S so they may no be aware of what needs done before they leave yet.

Definitely not your fault.

Instant termination for the driver as soon as word gets back to dispatch. Target does not mess around with this it is 100% the drivers job to ensure the trailer is safe to pull before they do it.

Back