Archived Beauty shift experiences at SuperTarget vs regular Target

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work at a regular Target that's considered slower than other area stores. I was hoping that a beauty advisor from a Super Target could give me a general rundown of their average truck shift. How much time is at the register, collecting carts and how often do you have time to engage the guests with skincare solutions and product recommendations. Where I am, we don't do that much anymore since modernization. Trainings are rather pointless since we don't have much guest interaction. Thanks for your input

I work at a regular Target that's considered slower than other area stores. I was hoping that a beauty advisor from a Super Target could give me a general rundown of their average truck shift. How much time is at the register, collecting carts and how often do you have time to engage the guests with skincare solutions and product recommendations. Where I am, we don't do that much anymore since modernization. Trainings are rather pointless since we don't have much guest interaction. Thanks for your input
So, I'm not directly in the beauty area, but from working with the TL overseeing the area, I can say that for my store the beauty team is pretty much a hardlines team with some product knowledge. When guests specifically ask for help, they have the product knowledge and provide recommendations, but the sample table is rarely staffed when it's up and 95% of the shifts end up being freight or backing up.
As for the trainings, we still find them useful for beauty and electronics so we can wow the guest when we get the chance for a long interaction.
Hope that helps!

And at my SuperTarget, the Beauty TMs are assigned to beauty and don't back up the lanes. They will put out product in their area, and zone. Sometimes there's a sample table TM scheduled, sometimes not, mostly during the day on weekends, if it happens. Sometimes they are asked to zone down past their area (into chem & paper), but usually only if there's two of them scheduled mid/late.

At my store beauty is primarily expected to be there for guest service, and would never be asked to handle the truck, back up the lanes or gather carts (except in their area).

ETA: The good beauty TMs will answer call boxes in grocery and such (grocery is right next to H&B at my store), so if you're thinking of going to a ST with grocery next to H&B, I would expect to have to answer grocery questions, as beauty TMs are often closer and more available than grocery.

ASANTS

Last edited:
At my super, Beauty doesn't do anything but Beauty. They're there for guest service, and as our AP puts it, loss prevention. The opener will organize the cosmetics repacks from the truck, bring them out to be stocked throughout the day, and help out guests inbetween. They usually have stuff to set and zone since that places gets messed up pretty fast, but that's generally what they do. They are not allowed to back up the lanes or do any other job really, and somebody from softlines usually cover their breaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back