Archived Bench Length

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, new to the breakroom and just recently passed my interview to be on the team leader bench. I was just wondering how long some of you guys were on the bench before you actually got promoted up, and is there a possibility of moving stores just for TL? thanks!

TL positions are generally on a store level but if your store is willing they can certainly help you get a position at another store. I was on the bench for about 5 months before being promoted.

I was on the bench for a week before I got my offer from another store. The other TLs in my store were on the bench for under 2 months and stayed at my store.

Last edited:
I was on the bench for a week. Had I said yes after my interview then I would have been on the bench for a day :)

I was on the bench for three months. While I was on the bench, I ended up interviewing for SrTL, so sometimes bring on the bench a little while can pay off. There's a TM at my store who has been in the bench before I was, so it can take a while for the right position to open up.

About a year ago, we had zero team members on the bench, so we had to start doing interviews after a position opened up. So no bench.

Right now we have three team members on the bench. The first one passed her interviews about seven months ago. And then the next one passed hers about 3 months ago. Then the next one passed his about a month ago. Almost all ten of our team leaders are disgruntled lol but only one of them actually wants to quit. I kind of feel bad for the benched TMs. That first one could end up waiting a year... Talk about a dangling carrot...

We had someone at my store that was on the bench for over 6 months. She was told there was an opening at a store in another district....she decided to take it . Now she has over an hour commute each way.

We were told in our store if you are benched and not offered a position within a year you needed to go thru the interview process agaim, this recently happened in nearby store. In that case there was just not TL position that opened up in our area, our stores are very far away from each other.

I got offers for other stores within 2 weeks of interview but I didn't accept any of them. Denied 3 or 4 offers and sat the bench for 6 months before getting a spot in my home store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back