Archived Best practice - STL opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or backroom can be organized when they backstock and sto all like items together. This might require moving some other stuff around, but that is the most efficient way to do it. There shouldn't be three open cases of 80/20 ground meat on three different shelves with 3 in the 6/27 box, 12 in the 6/29 box and 8 in the 7/03 box. Had it all been backstocked together, the backroom tm would only be led to one location and could pull the oldest rate first and get rid of that box. The problem with sto-ing the same item in different spots is that the system goes to the spot that can fill the need first. It doesn't really go by shelf location order and definitely not by backstock date. In the above situation, if the system needed 5 eaches, it would go to the 6/29 or 7/03 box bypassing the 6/27 box. Only if it needed three or less would it hit the 6/27 box and that's only if it is backstocked in a location that is earlier than the others in the shelf location order.

Except you are forgetting something...even if they are all together the backroom TM can STILL pull the wrong dated items...trust me...ive seen it happen even though they know better. But yes obv it is better to have everything together first and foremost.

Except you are forgetting something...even if they are all together the backroom TM can STILL pull the wrong dated items...trust me...ive seen it happen even though they know better. But yes obv it is better to have everything together first and foremost.

Oh most definitely they do that. But the chances are lessened that they'll do that if like items are backstocked together worth the oldest dates on top lol

And I should say that as far as ETLs for food go, they should be able to trust their team to handle it. But you do need an ETL that is willing to fight to get their team the support it needs.

pfreshdude-
You heard right. No scheduled closers for market. We started with 140 hours for market when we finished the remodel. That was enough for my CTL to get 40, one PA to get 40, and the other two PAs to get 30 apiece. The CTL and full time PA worked mostly mornings while I and the other PA worked mostly mids and closing. We were still trying to get all the routines down. Closing was rough because we were responsible for all of grocery. One part timer quit because it was normal to come in for a closing shift and walk into all of the pulls from the day piled up (many times including the autofills), truck still left to be pushed, salesplanners to fill, an empty banana table, and empty milk doors. This was with the CTL and a PA there in the morning. MY store really had the wrong people in place. There were days that the CTL or full time PA didn't do the order, so that was another 30-45 minutes at night getting the order done. There was a night where my SrTL (formerly the CTL) had me push truck all night and not do any zoning because flow received the truck but had no hours to push it and the floor was empty.

Once the other part timer quit my ETL stopped scheduling mids and I only closed. I didn't get a weekend off or even two days off in a row for 7 weeks. Seven straight weeks of closing M/W/F/Sa/Su. Then the full time PA transferred to another store. So now I only open. I'm off M/Tr and work 6-230 T/W/F/Sa/Su. Haven't had a weekend off in five weeks and haven't had more than one day off consecutively in as much time. My CTL closes on Tuesdays and is off Wednesday. So he opens market on Mondays and Thursdays and works at 8 three other days. He closes a fri, and then a sat and sun, once every six weeks. All that to say that market went from having 140 hrs/week to now having 80 hrs/week. The only time anyone is ever scheduled to close is when my CTL closes, so one night a week.

My CTL was already struggling when he just had dry market, he was struggling when we went PFresh and had three PAs. Now nothing but the most basic tasks are getting done. Salesplanners? nope. Vendor relations? nope. Cleaning? nope. Zoning at night? nope.

It's now normal to walk into all the cafs from after 2 or 3 the day before plus the autofills and a crap zone. I'm going back to school full time in 2 weeks and going on LOA in the fall. My ETL still hasn't hired a replacement for me. In two weeks I'll only be working two days a week and won't have time to train anyone. I just couldn't care less at this point. I get no support from my ETLs or STLs. The sad thing is that we are one of the top performing PFresh's from this past cycle on many of the metrics (mostly sales stuff...definitely not BRLA). Our store comp sales are huge and grocery comp is even higher. Grocery is now over 25% of our store sales and it gets zero support. I told my ETL that when I come back from LOA that I'm not going back to grocery so just go ahead and replace me. And I'm pretty sure my CTL is about to quit or get performanced out. The PA spot has been posted for two weeks and no one has applied for it. I don't blame them.

I can understand your frustrations. It is almost like they think it will run itself. To bad you were a dedicated TM that had a handle of what was important. You made it look easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back