Archived Best Team Survey - results?

Has your store shared anything about the BTS results with your TMs?

• Yes

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • No

Votes: 104 92.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, it's the same thing they've been telling TMs for years.

"You think you deserve to make more than the TMs you're training?? YOu cAn aLL EaSiLy bE rEpLaCeD."

The big difference is, this year we're telling the TMs that they're worth nearly as much as their leaders, and most of those leaders became key carriers and essentially LOD with no pay bump.
The fact that management is mad about these survey results is astounding.

It's easy to pick out who certain people are, especially when it asks how long you've been there and you are the only person in your team that's been there over 10 years. I can't remember if it asked that question this year but I know it did last year and some years before. They always know when it's me. I don't care enough to lie.
At store level WE DO NOT get access to this information.. next to a question for instance “does target value” we get salesfloor is 88, specialty is 65, gm is 63 inbound is 77 and guest advocates are 77.... we can filter it down to see just GM, but it only says 63 green, 7 yellow, 30 red. Green is agree yellow is neither and red is disagree.

Before it also grouped Plano pricing and in stocks together, softlines in with hardlines and was super frustrating, but it did this so they you couldn’t guess what a tm chose.

If you have a negative tm who complains a lot then you can more than assume how they rated.

Last edited:
I'd be curious to see the companywide BTS results. It's very unlikely this will be shared, but sharing that information would actually indicate that all of us are a "team" and all wanting to improve. Alas, the "team" concept is symbolic and not to be taken seriously.

At store level WE DO NOT get access to this information.. next to a question for instance “does target value” we get salesfloor is 88, specialty is 65, gm is 63 inbound is 77 and guest advocates are 77.... we can filter it down to see just GM, but it only says 63 green, 7 yellow, 30 red. Green is agree yellow is neither and red is disagree.

Before it also grouped Plano pricing and in stocks together, softlines in with hardlines and was super frustrating, but it did this so they you couldn’t guess what a tm chose.

If you have a negative tm who complains a lot then you can more than assume how they rated.

This.

Say you have 10 team members. If you get a 50, that means half of them voted disagree. It’s easy to look at the workcenter and figure out how many pissed off tms there are.
Especially for ETLs and TLs because there are so few.

Say you have 10 team members. If you get a 50, that means half of them voted disagree. It’s easy to look at the workcenter and figure out how many pissed off tms there are. Especially for ETLs and TLs because there are so few.
Maybe this is why the stores continuously have the "we're hiring" sign out, in theory the newbies won't have any complaints on the next year's BTS or will be afraid to complain about anything. This reminds me of an old expression from a German writer talking about politics, "The government should vote out the people and elect another."

Dear Corporate;

We know you watch this site. I left your company, and my new company has just sent me a survey to rate how the company is doing. Listen up, you will learn something.

First, an outside company was administering the survey. Not internal, no conflict of interest.

Second, the survey was not done on work computers. A link was sent and could be done at any computer, any location. Even your ex-girlfriend's little brother's best friend's computer. Makes the statement of anonymity a little easier to believe.

Third, there was no identifying information to tell which storefront I worked at. And the outside agency had a statement that all responses across the entire company would be compiled into one report before they are sent to my employer.

Fourth, at the end of the "rate from strongly agree to strongly disagree" there were four open ended questions.
- "What actions or behaviors have you observed that are inconsistent with the values of [company]?"
- "What do you like most about working for [company]?"
- "What about [company] causes you to withhold your extra effort?"
- "If you could change one thing, what it would be?"

You won't like the answers corporate, but if you listen and learn you will be much better for it, and Target will have a stronger future, with team members working hard because they feel happy and because the stress is a normal level, and clean, well-stocked stores, which will give a greater return on your investment than just beancount cutting.

Oh, and to make sure you pay attention - #union #strike

Dear Corporate;

We know you watch this site. I left your company, and my new company has just sent me a survey to rate how the company is doing. Listen up, you will learn something.

First, an outside company was administering the survey. Not internal, no conflict of interest.

Second, the survey was not done on work computers. A link was sent and could be done at any computer, any location. Even your ex-girlfriend's little brother's best friend's computer. Makes the statement of anonymity a little easier to believe.

Third, there was no identifying information to tell which storefront I worked at. And the outside agency had a statement that all responses across the entire company would be compiled into one report before they are sent to my employer.

Fourth, at the end of the "rate from strongly agree to strongly disagree" there were four open ended questions.
- "What actions or behaviors have you observed that are inconsistent with the values of [company]?"
- "What do you like most about working for [company]?"
- "What about [company] causes you to withhold your extra effort?"
- "If you could change one thing, what it would be?"

You won't like the answers corporate, but if you listen and learn you will be much better for it, and Target will have a stronger future, with team members working hard because they feel happy and because the stress is a normal level, and clean, well-stocked stores, which will give a greater return on your investment than just beancount cutting.

Oh, and to make sure you pay attention - #union #strike
I'm happy it's on work computers. you bet they're paying me to take that survey, I aint doing it off the clock

The surveys are useless. We do All Employee Surveys every year. Management gets torn into every year. Numbers on worker satisfaction and trust in management are abysmal. Does anything change? No. If anything, more work is created when overstressed employees are also assigned onto action teams to present action plans to overcome the awful numbers - but those plans are never implemented.

The surveys are useless. We do All Employee Surveys every year. Management gets torn into every year. Numbers on worker satisfaction and trust in management are abysmal. Does anything change? No. If anything, more work is created when overstressed employees are also assigned onto action teams to present action plans to overcome the awful numbers - but those plans are never implemented.
We just got an email about the bts results. Apparently they were stellar and the company thanked us. I forget who it was from, Janna? Anyway, I don’t check my email often, but that struck me. Are they in denial?

It's easy to pick out who certain people are, especially when it asks how long you've been there and you are the only person in your team that's been there over 10 years. I can't remember if it asked that question this year but I know it did last year and some years before. They always know when it's me. I don't care enough to lie.
That's why some questions you leave blank. Just don't answer them.

When I told my ETL that morale is better at the city morgue than here, he said if that’s the case why did we ace the bts. I told him the “anonymous” survey is not anonymous if an etl knows who and what time they logged you in at one of the 3 computers they didn’t takeaway yet. They never did that in previous years so now tms are afraid of retaliation

BTS is the biggest circle jerk at spot. Top 3 dissatisfiers every damn year
I have the equipment I need to do my job hahahahahahaha
communication hahahahahahahae
hours/pay/realistic expectations hahahahahahah
Holding the TLS accountable for the BS the ETLS pull is ridiculous. This past year the way ETLs treated team members and TLs was disgusting. The TLs will bear the brunt of the awful surveys this year and yet they had zero power to change anything that was going on. Every year they spend so much time on the voluntary survey. The survey that they hunt you down because you haven't taken it yet (even though its anonymous). The changes that are made last for a month and then its back to the status quo. I'm a firm believer that if you wait until BTS to let your boss knows whats on your mind, you are a chicken shit. However if you have let them know whats on your mind and they blow you off, then mark their pompous that way.

I answer neither agree not disagree for pretty much everything unless it's one of the truly egregious things such as 'has enough equipment' (not with them throwing out time and carts on us) or 'working conditions' (dear gods, turn on the AC! - we're melting!) I'm one of the oldest hires in my store and even lying to say I was a newbie, they can probably figure out who I am. I've given up on being honest on those things.

as a TL, the BTS data i was shown was only broken down to the rollup department level. (General Merchandise, Food and Beverage, Service and Engagement, Specialty Sales, ETL, TL/VM

you can be assured that it is truly anonymous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back