Archived Best Team Survey starts today

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a proud disgruntled member of the Strongly Disagree club. there is almost no point in taking this thing any more as there is no feedback what so ever. the same bloody things get talked about every year, for the last 10+ years might I add, Communication, Accountability, Training. How many more years until they actually produce any positive results in any of those three.

and really having HR or the STL there when the surveys are being taken yeah so they can"answer questions" yeah lets with that shall we
Our hrtm tried this with me last year. I straight up told her I'd do it late at night in the fixture room if she pulled that crap with me. Where i could also comfortably call the hotline...

...they are promising chats again this year. Last year we had none, except for flow when they complained we didn't have any.

We got some results last year, not a whole lot though. Mostly it was ETL-HR holding meetings with groups of logistics TMs because I guess our survey responses were so freaking low. Nothing much came of it aside from time wasted.
Ah yes we had that fun last year. We had probably less than 10 TMs between BR and SFS and they brought us to the conference room in even smaller groups to interrogate us over why the results skewed certain ways. It should be even more fun this year now that they have a separate workcenter for SFS... Just me and one other TM in it.

My store has a schedule, but the link is easily accessible. In theory, I could take it during my 15. I don't think they get individual surveys though. I think they get graphs and percentages and junk. Either way, I'm not gonna lie on it. I don't think it ever leads to lasting changes, but they're paying me to sit in a room thinking of all the ways I can't stand them. Last year or the year before, our scores were so bad, we had a million visits, then we had to do a second survey. Nothing changed, but our second (pulse) survey results were good, apparently.

Best Team Survey begins...which means there will be food in the break room all week!

However, I took my survey today and I didn't hold back. I have no confidence in my STL, and I don't get paid enough for the amount of work I do. I have no idea if my DTL communicates with us effectively or if he acts ethically...he damn sure doesn't communicate with me. As far as I know, that man is basically Dr. Claw, sitting in some hideout watching us all on cameras stroking a cat and pounding his fists on the desk. No idea what he looks like, even if he is in our store once a week.

My LOD tonight was trying to force me to take it. Asked 3 times, even called me on walkie and had me to switch to a private channel to ask. I don't feel comfortable taking it. Plus I have nothing positive to say about my store or leadership at the present time. So I lied and told the LOD I took it just to get her to let it alone.

All you have to say is that you did it.

There is no way they could know otherwise...

All you have to say is that you did it.

There is no way they could know otherwise...

unless of course they keep track of who takes the survey and at what time. which probably takes away any sort of protections that was intended

unless of course they keep track of who takes the survey and at what time. which probably takes away any sort of protections that was intended
Most stores count heads, they want as close to 100%participation as possible. They normally have a head count minus loa, etc to count against.

The time thing is creepy. Might have to look over the shoulder of my hrtm and see if she's tracking that...i won't deal with that crap.

My store prints the daily breakouts and highlights the tms who should take it each day. This is so each LOD can know who needs to fill it out and the store can get 100% participation. If a TM calls in, the LOD then finds and highlights the TM for later in the week.

You are not required to take the survey. If you are being pressured to take it, I guess you might try telling the LOD that he might not like your answers. We were all told that anyone who doesn't want to take it doesn't have to.

There is a way for us to write comments. When asked if you want to leave target for a similar job, chose "other" and you can write whatever you want.

I did mine yesterday. We were called by threes into the computer room to do it . BEFORE, we were allowed to start the Hr/etl went through all the "great" things they had done this past year. We were then given a printout of the same information and were told to read it before we started. Then, we were told that the BTS was a great tool to help better our team. They would compile the answers and come up with an action plan for any opps and would celebrate any successes . I thought to myself this sounds great but we all know ...that we take the survey and never hear anything about it again.

Yeah BTS basically ends up doing nothing at my store. We haven't had chats since the 1st year I was there. I did mine yesterday night, picked a time when nobody was in my HR area so I wouldn't be spied upon. Anything that asked about Senior Leadership got a Strongly Dissatisfied/Disagree. The ETLs in my store have been acting like high school kids lately.

Other than the "Why would you leave Target?" Area there's not a place for comments on the TM section. Really wish they'd change that. Give us a tweet sized comments card at the end at the very least. Otherwise you have a bunch of super vague questions that don't tell you much of anything...

Although I've never taken it yet, I am surprised nobody mentioned probably the real reason for the survey....to make it seem like we have a voice/control to help discourage Union forming.
Garbage said a bad word! :p
Buuuut I agree. They might have used it in the past to actually improve stores and weed out bad eggs, but now is seems mostly to be an empty gesture. "We'll pretend to listen to you once a year! Isn't that great? Here have some free food and advice on how we want you to fill out the survey!"

We haven't even gotten food this week...it's like they aren't even trying.

BEFORE, we were allowed to start the Hr/etl went through all the "great" things they had done this past year. We were then given a printout of the same information and were told to read it before we started.

What a humongus load of BS!!!

Cinco de Mayo ... 5th of May chips and salsa in the break room ...

oh and May the 4th be with you on May 4th of course any food item with star wars on it in the break room .. cereal, cookies candy, coffee....

I wish you could rate other leaders in the building, not just your own. I really like my ETL, but there are others in the building *cough*ETL-GE*cough* who couldn't lead people through a wet paper sack, and constantly berate team members to the point of tears over things they have no control over.

I wish you could rate other leaders in the building, not just your own. I really like my ETL, but there are others in the building *cough*ETL-GE*cough* who couldn't lead people through a wet paper sack, and constantly berate team members to the point of tears over things they have no control over.
I get lumped in with the disfunctional Front End.:(

Almost 30yrs with Target.I quit doing survey years ago.I will tell you that 5 years ago I was surprised to see TLS 100% participation 1st in our district.I had never taken,so figure it out.

Almost 30yrs with Target.I quit doing survey years ago.I will tell you that 5 years ago I was surprised to see TLS 100% participation 1st in our district.I had never taken,so figure it out.
You can take it more than once...

I really don't think they get access to individual surveys. Before they took comments away, I wrote an entire novel about all the ways my leadership sucked. Nothing happened, no one mentioned anything to me. I emailed integrity once, however, from my email address on file and my hr came to me asap. I'd expects a similar reaction if they were really getting access to each survey. Idk if my new hr will do it, but we always get those walking chats where they have a clipboard and they ask you dumb questions. They do a chat session or two, but they don't ever invite me lol

Same here. My ETL is great, it's the other ETLs that are the problem.

I know I was on vacation one year and they still had %100 participation. I asked if someone took it for me since I hadn't done it. Never did get an answer..

Never took it again since it was rigged.. We do well overall but all of the logistics results are always terrible..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back