Archived Best Team Survey starts today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than the "Why would you leave Target?" Area there's not a place for comments on the TM section. Really wish they'd change that. Give us a tweet sized comments card at the end at the very least. Otherwise you have a bunch of super vague questions that don't tell you much of anything...

Agreed. There was some question about your opinion of your workplace (space, cleanliness, etc) and I said I was dissatisfied, because we DO NOT have enough space in the backroom...but it's totally clean enough. I hate that I had no way of saying "I'm happy with cleanliness, the space is my only issue"

We were all called up to TSC in pairs today to take the survey- there's absolutely no way they couldn't find out who a survey belongs to if they wanted to. The LOD was kind of hovering around as I took it. Overall, it was extremely uncomfortable and I'm pretty irritated we couldn't explain any of our answers.

Useless.

I wish you could rate other leaders in the building, not just your own. I really like my ETL, but there are others in the building *cough*ETL-GE*cough* who couldn't lead people through a wet paper sack, and constantly berate team members to the point of tears over things they have no control over.

there is. take the survey again. you can probably pull it off during a different day part. just click cashier/front end/zombie apocalypse starting zone. then start the Strongly Disagree chain clicking.

is it underhanded, yes is it dirty pool, yes. is just plain not nice, yes. but when all the protections that are put in place are voided by how we are forced into taking the survey I think a little dirt is fair play.

-- Edit --
copy+paste can be unfriendly at times

No one has said anything to me about the survey. I did see little tents on the breakroom tables about the survey. This is why I come here to get my news.

I know I was on vacation one year and they still had %100 participation. I asked if someone took it for me since I hadn't done it. Never did get an answer..

Never took it again since it was rigged.. We do well overall but all of the logistics results are always terrible..
They calculate the number based on active tm during that two week schedule. Loa, vacation, etc isn't counted in the number needed to hit 100%.

Oh. That must be why STL and HR came in early to cook logistics/flow breakfast. Smart one.

Although I've never taken it yet, I am surprised nobody mentioned probably the real reason for the survey....to make it seem like we have a voice/control to help discourage Union forming.

Honestly, I think it is to protect Target from lawsuits and other similar issues.

Much like HR is to protect the company, not the employees.

OK, so I bit the bullet and took this damn thing.

Question: The survey asked a few times about how we feel about the DTL and above, etc. I just put neither agree or disagree. Do you all (tms not tls obviously) actually know your DTL, HRBP, etc.? I know their names and have seen them in passing once or twice. Never been formally introduced. Even some tms who have been at my store for years don't even know their names. My own TL said she hasn't seen the DTL in a loooong time. So I'm confused.

Question: The survey asked a few times about how we feel about the DTL and above, etc. I just put neither agree or disagree. Do you all (tms not tls obviously) actually know your DTL, HRBP, etc.? I know their names and have seen them in passing once or twice. Never been formally introduced. Even some tms who have been at my store for years don't even know their names. My own TL said she hasn't seen the DTL in a loooong time. So I'm confused.
holy shit, that annoyed me too! "Our DTL outlines a clear vision for the future of Target" I DUNNO, PROBABLY? Our DTL literally just talks to team leads on the walk and none of us interact with them but all we hear is "[DTL] had this and said we need to fix it to improve" like, is that really a vision?? I've barely interacted with them. Does Spot really think that TMs are just getting grand speeches from the DTLs??? I mean, really, I know the answer, but I was so annoyed when I got to those that I just mashed disagree or don't know.

I also felt super bad because I was negative about our TLs except I couldn't convey that I was just negative about one of the two in particular and now I'm worried that I'm gonna hurt the TL who I consider to be trustworthy and a friend and an upstanding person. Ugh.

Oh. That must be why STL and HR came in early to cook logistics/flow breakfast. Smart one.
Aren't you in my store? STL and HR made breakfast for flow and backroom yesterday. Other day they provide almost endless of foods and expired date Starbucks foods in break room. I'll not give them positivte BTS. Because when BTS is over they will cut more hours and treat us like trash!

I've never even spoke to our DTL in my 3 years with Target. So there were a few questions I gave a "I don't know" to, because they just weren't relevant to me. Anyway, I was as fair and critical as possible. I enjoyed my extra 15 minute break.

Last year or the year before, our scores were so bad, we had a million visits, then we had to do a second survey. Nothing changed, but our second (pulse) survey results were good, apparently.

Wait, I lied. We got new etls and stl. They're worse than the last set, though.

I forgot about how to get that text box, but still ended up with it. I answered idk to the leaving target for equal job thing because with my current pay, I'd leave for the same pay if I was guaranteed more hours and they didn't mention hours in the question. I answered don't know to all the dtl questions. We're on the third one since I've been here, and I've only met the last one.

For the DTL questions I answered disagree/strongly disagree. Because if I can't tell you what my DTL even looks like then they're yeah, they're doing a poor job of communicating whatever the hell those questions were asking me about.

I've often told my DTL that I would love the opportunity to sit down for a discussion sometime and always get a positive answer ... many years....never happens. I like our DTL a lot, but this just ticks me off. Strongly disagreed.
I would love to speak with my DTL as well but I don't get the opportunity especially being in my work center. I've only spoken to him once when he was asking me about the business and he wanted me to be ready because apparently the CFO and the Sr. GVP and her boss were coming to our store.

Funny thing, I just remembered that our ETLs and STL made biscuits and gravy one recent morning using our cafe's oven. Of course, it was 8 in the morning, so none of the front end team could break away because we're so barebones, and cafe got left with cleaning up the dishes and we all got stuck with the smell of breakfast and no chance of actually grabbing any. Great way to pander to flow, I guess, but yeah, screw the gestures.

No treats here but I did get a big fat bag of bullshit.
They set me up for my survey then proceeded to tell me how to answer the questions and how to "skip" anything that might skew our score.
I answered the survey CORRECTLY and they can suck it. They lost points on ethics. :mad:
I'm still pissed off.

I've met and talked with our DTL before about SFS, but he doesn't care about the backroom at all. He drops by every few weeks, usually just for a short walk and talk with the execs. He's also kind of a pushover, which I don't mind right now since our STL is awesome.

Believe it or not, my DTL spends a lot of time talking to regular Team Members and even knows a lot of our names at my store. I guess we just won the DTL lottery when we got him two years ago.
I'm not even sure what the point of the BTS is, nothing seems to change afterwards. But hey, Flow had to take it yesterday sooooo in comes HR with Crispy Creme doughnuts and
a pep rally huddle before we started taking the survey. Gooo Target!!

Our HR wrote down the date and time we took the survey, when I did it last year. Not to be conspiratorial but it does sound like a sneaky way of keeping track of who's giving the negative feedback.

We wrote down the day, but not the time, I don't believe anyone at the store level though will have access to anything regarding the time of inputted answers. If anything I think your store was having AP check cameras to "watch" your responses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back