Archived Big red shopping baskets in raceway

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the Little Tykes big baskets are eye catching. I think the concept for use could be so much better though. Not that Im as smart as all of the people in Minnesota ( thats where all the really smart people are right?) but I work in a store and that gives me a bit of a reality perspective. Right now although they catch your eye, they are in the way. We move pallets all day now and flats and boats too. We do this navigating around guests which is suppose to be our priority. And now lets add a big red rock. Why didnt the really smart designer make these just a teeny bit smaller so they would fit right on an endcap? They could have been the "featured basket endcaps" Put them up about 10", block that area off with some type of shelf blocker so the contents of the basket is closer to eye level. If you did this in grocery the endocarp would now hold 75 boxes of mac and cheese instead of 5,000,000. Easy to keep full, change out and backstock. You still get the eye cactching design without taking up valuable floor space.. But then again Im not as smart as those folks in Minneapolis

The struggle of working at Spot and always having "endcap" auto-corrected to "endocarp" is real :/ I'm gonna start calling them that in my store.

Your dtl would flip shit in my store. There is practically an entire liquor store up there.

My ETL-SrMerch was very happy when we made sales (positive comp) in adult beverages. So I think that's why you have a lot of liquor up there.

Regarding the big red baskets, we have a huge gap of space between Market and Chemicals. We would often drop pallets of merchandise in between them and with these red baskets, we used them in between Market and Chemical as sort of designed shelves. It's a lot prettier and brand, I suppose.

I wouldn't mind these so much if Target was good at maintaining stuff like this. Soon, they'll start getting scuff marks from where carts and flats crash into them, and they'll never get cleaned. You know the "Bullseye" statues in the Dollar Spot? Ours are all broken. They have a distinct grey tinge from not being dusted since they were installed...but then someone finally did dust them, but they were so dirty, the dust just go rubbed into the matte surface, staining them. Also, the wagging tail no longer wags. They will never be cleaned properly or fixed.

Your dtl would flip shit in my store. There is practically an entire liquor store up there.
Ours looks like a liquor store too. Our ETLSF has no spine when it comes to vendors. They bring in whatever they hell they want and as much as they want. We tear down endcaps with OUR product for vendors. How about margin? Its not only about make sales. You can sell 50 big screen TVs and make sales for the day, but we make shit on those. Sure if you sell some extended warranties then you make $$$. But we don't. Apparel is where the margin is and we treat it like the evil step child. When the promo cartwell gets low they give it to vendors to put in whatever they want. They need to put some comparison shit up there. When its cereal, put market pantry right next to it. Bigger margin and possibly repeat buyers. Same with crackers, snacks, nuts etc. Some days Target just hurts my head

I finally saw ours...I think they're pretty hideous, but would be a good solution for displaying those oddball items we get in, like bouquets and potted plants, which always seem to awkwardly float around on various fixtures not made to hold them. They looked kind of trashy half-stocked (and one had an item with red packaging...on a giant red display! Gr8 merchandising).

But I guess as long as the stuff is selling...

Mine either. They all have to be on an angle and pushed to one side, or you can't get a cart around them. The kicker is stuff isn't even selling off them.
We're selling plenty, they're just not diagonal. Having them like they're supposed to be leaves just enough space for a single cart on each side. When someone stops to look at it, it causes a traffic jam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back