Archived Black Friday 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you an SFS store? if so, there will also be a LOD there, as SFS orders will not be put on hold for Thanksgiving Holiday (Even though we are closed.)

I'm backroom so I'll be in in the morning until about noon. From what I've seen my store will be empty from about 12:30-3pm on thanksgiving. I've only seen our SFS people scheduled like 4:30am-noon on Thanksgiving

I work 11:30 am - 5:00 pm on black friday. and then the saturday after. anyone wanna let me know how crazy those will be? thanks in advance!

I work 11:30 am - 5:00 pm on black friday. and then the saturday after. anyone wanna let me know how crazy those will be? thanks in advance!
It'll be busy but the store will be staffed well. How crazy it will be depends on what your job is.

Somehow I'm getting less hours than a regular week with 32. Though I guess the dock is open this Black Friday because I get a whopping 8 hours in receiving Friday.

Yeah our receiver who is 40 Monday thru Friday is at 32 since we aren't opening receiving Thursday.
I’m scheduled Thanksgiving for hardlines but it also says LSA. What does that mean???? It’s only a 4 hour and 15 minute shift but in the app it doesn’t list a 15 like it normally does ? So do 4 hour shifts not get a 15 that day?

Line service ambassador

So, I am 5:30-2AM on Thanksgiving but off entirely on Friday. What are the odds that I get called in on Friday.... lol.

you guys are lucky. i’m SFS 10pm-6:30a thanksgiving-BF morning. then i’m back that same day on BF doing fitting room from 3-12am. fml. kinda was hoping i’d have the rest of BF off lol

Didn't sign up for the overnight, but scheduled for it anyways. Considering I got screwed last year with not having a chance to enjoy Thanksgiving dinner though, I'll take it this year. Overnight Wednesday and Thursday. After 530am Friday, I don't go back in until midday Saturday.

Is anyone else wondering if it's gonna be difficult to get everyone out the door by midnight because some may not know about the new hours?

Is anyone else wondering if it's gonna be difficult to get everyone out the door by midnight because some may not know about the new hours?
This is what I'm the most curious about. Like, I know I'm scheduled til midnight but I highly doubt everyone's gonna be out of that store by then.

I'm excited. I work every day that week except Saturday and will be working Guest Service for Thanksgiving/BF. I'm assuming OPU is Order Pick Up so that should be interesting as well :D Last year I worked Food Ave but our store isn't opening cafe on Thanksgiving because of that short time frame. I'm just glad I'm not a regular cashier tbh.

I know our STL literally said that we are not gonna kick anyone out since sales are sales, and all our cashiers are scheduled until 1 am..but ASANTS I suppose

I’m scheduled 46.75 hours that week. Blessed with 6 days. One of my shifts is toy team 10-6:30. Kill me. But Thursday I work 5:45p-1a GFT and then Friday 1:30-10 SL. I believe. I have never worked Thanksgiving but BF morning so it will be different probably

I’m scheduled 46.75 hours that week. Blessed with 6 days. One of my shifts is toy team 10-6:30. Kill me. But Thursday I work 5:45p-1a GFT and then Friday 1:30-10 SL. I believe. I have never worked Thanksgiving but BF morning so it will be different probably
So trying to get that toy shift swapped somehow lol

I have 40hrs. I'm guessing that/hoping that receiving is going to be dead on Friday. I'm totally fine with that so I can clean out everything. I'm hoping to hit some overtime, I'll probably offer to help SFS pack.

How many hours did you all get? With the thanksgiving day overtime rule we have a lot of people at 44-48

Only 40. I would normally expect more but my store is trying to cut hours for the month because they overposted, again...

My store's schedule is out, but I'm not on it at all. Although, I am able to login to my schedule again, just checking my eHR account, doesn't look like I can get into that yet. Some people are scheduled to start way before 6pm at my store, though. Almost as early as 3:30, and I think I was looking at Black Friday but I could have swore I saw someone starting at 9am thanksgiving too, so kind of confused, since I thought stores open their doors at 6pm.

My store only has 1 AP -- I'm really curious how BF will work? Not only with crowd control but someone's gotta be watching the cameras too. Do you think ETL's will help or I wonder if we'll contract security?

My store only has 1 AP -- I'm really curious how BF will work? Not only with crowd control but someone's gotta be watching the cameras too. Do you think ETL's will help or I wonder if we'll contract security?
In that case it's unlikely anyone will be actively watching the cameras; they'll be used to research retroactively.
And it's against directives for non-AP to watch cameras unless researching a guest or team member injury incident. Or was, anyway.

Nope 1 AP is more than we had 2 years ago we had zero AP for 45 days during the holidays.

Theft is just a write off for Target that’s why they have insurance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back