Archived Black Friday 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last BF I worked, there was a TM who worked pretty much the whole day...I think he took 3 lunches, lol.

The last BF I worked, there was a TM who worked pretty much the whole day...I think he took 3 lunches, lol.
I have done something similar the past few years. Worked about 15hrs so I had to take 2 lunches. And I made dang sure that I took all of my 15 minute breaks when I usually just skip them.

Saw this little number today

Nice every store uses different shift labels but that's helpful.

To answer @jamitchell1985 the extra dollar is after your time and a half. So you will see like 8 hours of holiday pay at double your normal rate. Then a separate line on the check for one dollar for every extra hour you work.

My store is starting a truck unload at 2 am on friday, so in theory, we should receive replenishment on a lot of stuff we might be out of, so we'll definitely encourage people to come back if they didn't find something
That's not really how it works though. That truck is already filled and on the way to your store or at your store by the time doors open on Thanksgiving, so they can't replenish what hasn't sold yet. Everything the DC has for 2 day and 4 day ad items should be at your store before Thanksgiving. They might get more shipments in but it's unlikely it will get to your store before the sale is over.

I think I have a shift the week of Black Friday that says WIN. Is that winning the weekends, whatever that is?

I think I have a shift the week of Black Friday that says WIN. Is that winning the weekends, whatever that is?

Haha you should ask your schedule writer I would assume so but as mentioned several times in this thread. There are no shift tags across all stores. Ultimately schedule writers choose what to label a job or role.

They must be expecting everyone to be onsite, lined up by the clock and punching in 5m early so they can be on the registers by 6, knowing that it will take a few minutes for people to grab their crap and come to the lanes to check out...yikes.

Most people will need 15 minutes to get their crap.

So, our cashiers are scheduled to come in at 6:00 and 6:15 PM and we open at 6:00 PM. How's that going to work?

Yeah that was awful planning. Store being cheap with hours we were told to do 545 to 615

I've only got 31 hours for the week, all in 'bux.

I've yet to get anywhere near the 40 they promised me since I transferred, except when I'm borrowed at another store. I even heard my name specifically mentioned when HR was discussing who wanted more hours the other day. I bloody hate having to juggle schedules between multiple jobs, but it looks like I might not have a choice soon.

I just hope I'm not closing alone on Thanksgiving. :(

Would there be any kind of repercussions if I changed my availability immediately after next week? My paychecks have been messed up for one reason or another ever since I transferred, and that's something I just can't keep dealing with.

Last edited:
I ended up picking up a small 4 hour shift for Black Friday. Brings me to 40 hours exact.

So, our cashiers are scheduled to come in at 6:00 and 6:15 PM and we open at 6:00 PM. How's that going to work?
No cashiers before then?

They must be expecting everyone to be onsite, lined up by the clock and punching in 5m early so they can be on the registers by 6, knowing that it will take a few minutes for people to grab their crap and come to the lanes to check out...yikes.
I mean, it's not like there's gonna be a huge line to checkout at 6pm, but they really only have a few minutes and that's not enough for the GSTL to organize them and the cashiers to get to their lanes and be ready.

At my store it's pretty spread out between 5:30 and 6, and they'll have a huddle in the hallway at TMSC 10-15 minutes before opening so everyone knows what's up, who needs what equipment, and what to expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back