Archived Black Friday 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

I'm just a sexy boy (sexy boyyy!), I'm not your Toy Boy(toy boyyy!).

I've only got 31 hours for the week, all in 'bux.

I've yet to get anywhere near the 40 they promised me since I transferred, except when I'm borrowed at another store. I even heard my name specifically mentioned when HR was discussing who wanted more hours the other day. I bloody hate having to juggle schedules between multiple jobs, but it looks like I might not have a choice soon.

I just hope I'm not closing alone on Thanksgiving. :(

Would there be any kind of repercussions if I changed my availability immediately after next week? My paychecks have been messed up for one reason or another ever since I transferred, and that's something I just can't keep dealing with.
Hours depends on store sales. Be stellar for more hours.

I've yet to get anywhere near the 40 they promised me since I transferred, except when I'm borrowed at another store. I even heard my name specifically mentioned when HR was discussing who wanted more hours the other day. I bloody hate having to juggle schedules between multiple jobs, but it looks like I might not have a choice soon.

Would there be any kind of repercussions if I changed my availability immediately after next week? My paychecks have been messed up for one reason or another ever since I transferred, and that's something I just can't keep dealing with.

ASANTS here. Since you transferred some stores make you wait 90 days to change availability on transfers as well.

I've found that if you explain that you want to keep the same availability but will need to change it if you don't get more hours they will generally let you be.

Never done it myself but we have 4 SCO's and are having 2 TM's watching 2 registers each all day, rather than 1 TM watching 4 registers like normally.
We have 4 SCO and 1 cashier on each running it in store mode scanning, basically using each as a regular register. We have 14 regular registers and 4 sco's. We take everyone as a single line with multiple gsa's speed weaving and trouble shooting on Thanksgiving until 10 or 11pm depending on traffic.

This isn't a bad thing to do, but what will be on your truck is going to be your regular replenishment for the week. You'll likely get *some* items in stock, but doorbuster deals you will remain out of as that's merchandise we get only for BF.

I'm scheduled to help do set up Wednesday. Other than ad set after close, any idea what I should expect to be doing?
Preparing for the blood sacrifice so you will get the projected sales. Or setting up the black friday pallets etc

availability changes have to be approved by HR

Sounds like a job for Charlie Sheen!
1z3orj.jpg

What if I meet my future wife on Black Friday? We start chatting about how crazy things are and the deals then I slip her my digits to talk and meet up later. We date for awhile and are really getting along great, we both come from broken homes so we're hesistant on taking the plunge but eventually we do.

We get married and things are just amazing! We've truly progressed in our relationship and now we're trying to conceive a child but there's trouble. I had to quit Target and get a higher paying position at her father's company, the pay is great but it's a stressful workplace. We find out that natural conception will not be possible so IVF becomes an option. We have the procedure preformed and nine months later a beautiful baby girl is born! We decide on the name Cassandra, since her grandmother's name was Catherine and mine was named Sandra in honor of them both.

Baby Cassandra is great! She has a clean bill of health and isn't a fussy baby. We both enjoy being parents, but something is missing. It feels like the spark of passion is gone... mu wife's fathers business is booming, which has greatly increased my workload and stress. It seems like I never have any time for her and Cassandra. Our sex life was great before things got so hectic but is nearly non-existent and is putting a strain on our relationship.

I decide that perhaps I should take a break from her father's business and go back to Target. Upon my return I see that things have changed quite a bit, but it's good to be back. The season is quickly approaching, and I find out I won't be able to spend Thanksgiving with my wife and little Cassandra. It's finally opening on Thanksgiving night, the hustle and bustle of guest is on full effect. I see a familar guest pushing a stroller towards me, it's my wife and Cassandra coming to visit me.

"Do you remember where we met?" She asks. "Yea, back near Electronics, weren't you trying to find that TV for the apartment you just moved into?" I reply. "It's all comes around full circle, Cassandra threw one of her blocks and crackes the TV." She says laughing. "It really does, I think we have one more of the special. Here's your ticket, to the TV and my everlasting love". She reaches out and I take her into a loving embrace and give her a kiss. Target brings the passion back into our relationship, and we make beautiful love when I return home from my shift.

TL;DR Man finds love on Grey Thursday, gets married, gets new job, has kid, has relationship problems, quits job, rekindles love on Grey Thursday

Last edited:
I'm scheduled to cashier 6-12:30am. There are a few TMs coming in at 6. I asked one LOD if this is the correct time. She said that they must be 'staggering" TMs in.
Seems to me that I ought to confirm the 6:00 arrival time with someone else. I'll talk to our ETL-HR or our STL. I have a bit more confidence with these two.
My question really is how do I make sure that I get in the store before the guests are let in. I'm actually working IGS....or our "fancy" term for integrated guest services. Even if I can clock in at 5:55pm I'm not sure that things will go smoothly.

I'm scheduled to cashier 6-12:30am. There are a few TMs coming in at 6. I asked one LOD if this is the correct time. She said that they must be 'staggering" TMs in.
Seems to me that I ought to confirm the 6:00 arrival time with someone else. I'll talk to our ETL-HR or our STL. I have a bit more confidence with these two.
My question really is how do I make sure that I get in the store before the guests are let in. I'm actually working IGS....or our "fancy" term for integrated guest services. Even if I can clock in at 5:55pm I'm not sure that things will go smoothly.
If you clock in at 5:55, I can't imagine you'll have any issues... GSTL should already have all lanes fully stocked with all supplies, and if they aren't opening door til 6, you'll still have 5 minutes minimum to do any organizing needed, print speed ID, etc.

It's someone assigned to take ownership on a saturday or sunday over seasonal.
Seasonal has been rolled into E2E in our store so it has a dedicated person who decided he wanted to fish the river styx this holiday season and maintain it. So I guess he is 'winning the weekend' and the week as well.

The even more insane thing is that it looks far far better than it ever did when we waved it before E2E. He works a 2 to close shift and rocks it.
SMH to that team.

If you clock in at 5:55, I can't imagine you'll have any issues... GSTL should already have all lanes fully stocked with all supplies, and if they aren't opening door til 6, you'll still have 5 minutes minimum to do any organizing needed, print speed ID, etc.
Right. Umhmm.

What if I meet my future wife on Black Friday? We start chatting about how crazy things are and the deals then I slip her my digits to talk and meet up later. We date for awhile and are really getting along great, we both come from broken homes so we're hesistant on taking the plunge but eventually we do.

We get married and things are just amazing! We've truly progressed in our relationship and now we're trying to conceive a child but there's trouble. I had to quit Target and get a higher paying position at her father's company, the pay is great but it's a stressful workplace. We find out that natural conception will not be possible so IVF becomes an option. We have the procedure preformed and nine months later a beautiful baby girl is born! We decide on the name Cassandra, since her grandmother's name was Catherine and mine was named Sandra in honor of them both.

Baby Cassandra is great! She has a clean bill of health and isn't a fussy baby. We both enjoy being parents, but something is missing. It feels like the spark of passion is gone... mu wife's fathers business is booming, which has greatly increased my workload and stress. It seems like I never have any time for her and Cassandra. Our sex life was great before things got so hectic but is nearly non-existent and is putting a strain on our relationship.

I decide that perhaps I should take a break from her father's business and go back to Target. Upon my return I see that things have changed quite a bit, but it's good to be back. The season is quickly approaching, and I find out I won't be able to spend Thanksgiving with my wife and little Cassandra. It's finally opening on Thanksgiving night, the hustle and bustle of guest is on full effect. I see a familar guest pushing a stroller towards me, it's my wife and Cassandra coming to visit me.

"Do you remember where we met?" She asks. "Yea, back near Electronics, weren't you trying to find that TV for the apartment you just moved into?" I reply. "It's all comes around full circle, Cassandra threw one of her blocks and crackes the TV." She says laughing. "It really does, I think we have one more of the special. Here's your ticket, to the TV and my everlasting love". She reaches out and I take her into a loving embrace and give her a kiss. Target brings the passion back into our relationship, and we make beautiful love when I return home from my shift.

TL;DR Man finds love on Grey Thursday, gets married, gets new job, has kid, has relationship problems, quits job, rekindles love on Grey Thursday

That assuming there aren't 30 other people trying to clock in at 5:55 too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back