Archived Black Friday 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have worked 19 hours straight at one of my previous jobs and something I didn't know until then is that energy drinks (RedLine, 5 Hour) + nicotine will eventually put you in a weird trance-like state or "legal high" if you slam enough of it over a long enough period. And also fiery, unrelenting heartburn. Things really start to blur together after the twelfth hour and I'm super surprised I didn't end up being carried out the door on a stretcher. I did leave my car in the parking lot and got a lift from a coworker instead though, lol

Oh....duh....just now getting it....assigned to ANSWER phones....lol....yeah they really should have a pre-recording like we are extremely busy at the moment try again tomorrow lmao

I have always thought this is silly. After 14 hours or so you start to become delirious and inefficient. I'm all for working long days but after 20 straight hours you're not even useful

Shoot, after 3 hours on the register, I become inefficient. By the time I hit my 4th hour, I am closing in on delirious. My store sucks at giving breajs. And being in a 6 hour state makes for a lot of 5.75 hour shifts.

It isn't complicated (It can be, if you dive into the nitty gritty, of manhatten, which I doubt they will expect you to be able to do.

Its better than being Signing TM, that is for sure.
I have no fear I could train myself, but the tight ass brtl and his fussy bs rules aren't probably efficient in real life like he thinks they are...

27hrs is 5 lunches for my state...:cool:

jaylistjpg-c74463.jpg

Five lunches? Me like much much!

I’ve worked plenty of OT shifts where i was the only GSTL on duty the entire day and i did just fine.

Found out today I'm assigned to phones. Can anyone give me a crash course on phones for black Friday besides "run for dear life?"
Figure out what they need if they generically ask for “electronics or toys” before transferring.

Peeves me when our operators don’t ask and the guest either hangs up and calls again or repeatedly gets transferred and it ends up being a basic question.

Screen like crazy. They are swamped on the SF, even at a low volume store, and most of them aren't going to help a phone guest over a guest in the store.
Keep track of outs as you hear about them.
Refuse to do it if you can't have a zebra.
Remain pleasant, and lie when you need to--"sorry, he just told me they ran out." Everyone shops online, and they likely already know that we don't have what they want.
I have told guests that it could be as long as 15 minutes before someone can answer. Some people will wait, some won't.
Do walkie calls twice. "Call for small appliances on 2280. 2280 for small appliances."
And for the love of God, don't get on the walkie and ask for 12 days of Harry Potter socks. :D

We move phones to the TSC on black Thursday/Friday its just easier. Fitting room is chaos and having them in the office with a Zebra and a copy of the add while busy as fuck at least with a space to just do phones it's only horrid not suicidal. :)

I work 3-10 Thursday, 5 am-2:30 pm Friday. I’d rather suffer with one night of sleep and get Saturday and Sunday off.

I’m off tonight which is a first, I worked every Thanksgiving since I joined Target. For Friday though it’s 10pm-6am, so i miss most of the craziness

Worked 7am - 8:30pm yesterday. Woke up really sore this morning, haha. It's been awhile since I've pushed that much freight.

5:45pm-1am tonight.
3pm-Midnight Friday.
9am-5:30pm Saturday.
6:45am-3:15pm Sunday.

On the bright side, I did get my 10 Digiorno pizzas yesterday for about $22, so that was a win!

I just left work 2 hours ago and I'm off tonight so... :D

Loving my overnight market shifts.

5:45 - 11pm be back at 6am to 2:30pm.. Add a 45min drive to and from work, I am going to be cranky for a couple days..
Oh haaaaeeeellll no. I thought about trying to pick up a shift tonight but considering I gotta work on Friday at 4am...nope nope nope. I hope you got those shifts by choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back