Archived Black Friday 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just found out I'm getting screwed over this year.. between Thanksgiving and Friday, I'm getting fewer hours than a normal 2 day period. Sigh.

Only 31.25 hours. Only one day off that week but lots of short shifts. Which I’m pumped for, I hate long shifts. Also not coming in until 2pm on Black Friday. Will it still even be busy?

Stores are busy on thanksgiving for the first 3-4 hours. After that it's dead.

With closing and reopening though and Target doing some Friday deals, we'll likely see quite a few guests in the morning. Nothing compared to the night before, but it'll be a busier than normal day. By 2pm on Friday though it'll be a regular day

Apparently I work 17 hours on Thanksgiving. 5:30am-11pm. I'm wondering if it's a mix-up and I'm actually supposed to come in at 5:30pm instead. It says I'm at the register in electronics

My availability is nights and weekends only but they’ve always ignored it for Black Friday until this year! I don’t know if it’s the new way they’re doing scheduling or if they really don’t need me, I’m off all of Thursday and only come in for my usual closing 4 hour shift on Friday. I actually feel a little left out! Haha

How many hours did you all get? With the thanksgiving day overtime rule we have a lot of people at 44-48

I was blessed with all 7 Days, first 3 are dayside 4am-12:45, last four (Starting Thanksgiving Eve/Setup) are 9pm-545am. For a total of 56 Hours...

I am going to use my money, as a blanket, when I sleep 56 hours straight, after this.

Apparently I work 17 hours on Thanksgiving. 5:30am-11pm. I'm wondering if it's a mix-up and I'm actually supposed to come in at 5:30pm instead. It says I'm at the register in electronics

I would do it... that is almost a weeks pay in 1, very terrible day.

Anyone know why they would schedule me on thanksgiving from 8pm-11:45pm then 12:15am-2:30am?

Anyone know why they would schedule me on thanksgiving from 8pm-11:45pm then 12:15am-2:30am?

I would assume it is under two different work centers...

I am the Signing TM for my store, but am often scheduled Signing 4am-9am / Presentation 9:45am-12:45pm

It's probably a mistake. What likely happened is they just forgot to add in your first end work and second start work, or the 5:30 am is suppose to be 5:30pm.

The only people coming in that early at my store are ship from store around 6am to start pulling for orders, then backroom around 7. If you're not doing ship from store or backroom, then I'd be willing to bet you're just suppose to be in at 5:30pm.

If you are doing S4S or backroom then you're probably like 5:30am-12 then back 5:30pm-11pm. But no way their having you work 5:30am-11pm. If you were at my store, you'd be locked in the store by yourself for like a good 4 or 5 hours until the STL/ETL's started coming in in the early afternoon

It's probably a mistake. What likely happened is they just forgot to add in your first end work and second start work, or the 5:30 am is suppose to be 5:30pm.

The only people coming in that early at my store are ship from store around 6am to start pulling for orders, then backroom around 7. If you're not doing ship from store or backroom, then I'd be willing to bet you're just suppose to be in at 5:30pm.

If you are doing S4S or backroom then you're probably like 5:30am-12 then back 5:30pm-11pm. But no way their having you work 5:30am-11pm. If you were at my store, you'd be locked in the store by yourself for like a good 4 or 5 hours until the STL/ETL's started coming in in the early afternoon

You guys aren't taking a truck during the 6 hour closing between Thanksgiving, and Black Friday? I can almost assure you, there will be an LOD on duty that entire night.

I would assume it is under two different work centers...

I am the Signing TM for my store, but am often scheduled Signing 4am-9am / Presentation 9:45am-12:45pm

funny thing is they're both softlines, I'm just gonna assune it's my meal time unless I hear otherwise.

I’m scheduled Thanksgiving for hardlines but it also says LSA. What does that mean???? It’s only a 4 hour and 15 minute shift but in the app it doesn’t list a 15 like it normally does ? So do 4 hour shifts not get a 15 that day?

Last edited:
I got 35.5, I am doing 5:30-2am SFS on Thanksgiving but totally off on Friday. Unless I get called in on Friday, this will be the only day off between both of my jobs all month. *crosses fingers*

I asked for Thanksgiving off but didn't get it. 47 hours. 3-11 Thursday and 1-9:30 Friday. They seem to love me on nights even though we are getting C&S on Friday.

I'm scheduled for Electronics CM. Anybody know what that is/what that entails?

You guys aren't taking a truck during the 6 hour closing between Thanksgiving, and Black Friday? I can almost assure you, there will be an LOD on duty that entire night.

Yes we're taking a truck during then. I was referring to the midday hours on Thanksgiving when no one will be in the store

Yes we're taking a truck during then. I was referring to the midday hours on Thanksgiving when no one will be in the store

Are you an SFS store? if so, there will also be a LOD there, as SFS orders will not be put on hold for Thanksgiving Holiday (Even though we are closed.)

Are you an SFS store? if so, there will also be a LOD there, as SFS orders will not be put on hold for Thanksgiving Holiday (Even though we are closed.)
There's a period at my store after SFS leaves but before the next person (APTL) comes in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back