Archived Black friday 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Target launching ‘Skip-the-Line’ checkout technology, will open at 5 p.m. on Thanksgiving - https://www.marketwatch.com/story/target-launching-skip-the-line-checkout-technology-will-open-at-5-pm-on-thanksgiving-2018-11-01

Aside from the news of opening at 5, I found this tidbit interesting:

Target Corp. announced its holiday plans on Thursday, highlighting “Skip-the-Line” mobile checkout technology and unveiling a Black Friday ad with select deals that are already available.

“Skip the Line” will allow customers to pay for their items with team members anywhere in the store using handheld devices. During peak events, such as Black Friday, workers will be located in the busiest departments.

Is this the MyCheckout App that I've read here on the forums?

Last year our store called the dc to see if they could deliver our Thursday truck early. They agreed and flow as a team agreed to come in at 4, take a lunch if necessary, to get truck pushed. We were out at 11. It was great not having to go in Thursday night.

Yep, but at my store no one has used it for that yet. We can't find the paper receipt rolls for the hip printers. They had better not have us use them for the first time on Thanksgiving night.

Yep, but at my store no one has used it for that yet. We can't find the paper receipt rolls for the hip printers. They had better not have us use them for the first time on Thanksgiving night.
If target's plan is to have us use the MyCheckout, I would want to train myself and other team members on how to use it correctly. As usually at my store I am someone who knows more than the ETLs/TLs lol... There are times I have to explain the apps to the TLs and ETLS. For example, MyWork 2.0 and the Target Phone app

I'll probably be tapped to do a Thursday night shift, because last year they used Consumables team members to patrol the TVs that they had posted at the back of dry grocery.

I'm actually probably going to be picking up one of the Amazon Fire 7 tablets for $30. I know it's been superseded but I don't need much in the way of technology, and it's definitely not as obsolete as the Nook I bought when we still sold those.

Last edited:
If target's plan is to have us use the MyCheckout, I would want to train myself and other team members on how to use it correctly. As usually at my store I am someone who knows more than the ETLs/TLs lol... There are times I have to explain the apps to the TLs and ETLS. For example, MyWork 2.0 and the Target Phone app
Get busy. Don’t expect management to lead on this one. And good luck.

you can order on SAP or just take a partially used roll from any checklane

The Apple line will certainly be busy again this year just a weird trend for our store the last two years the non advertised apple items sold out faster then the sale items but yet we sold out of everything anyway

My team back in electronics knows how to use the my checkout device thanks to me training them during handoff shifts or double or more coverage. We also take one instead of a normal mydevice as well. Our TL tho well I’ll just leave it at he doesn’t even know how to run the normal register lol

I'm eager to learn the myCheckout app, but there's been zero training whatsoever. I don't even think we have the necessary equipment yet. Time is running out.
It’s pretty easy once you do it!! Open the mobile checkout app on any zebra with a verifone card reader attached to the back (the app icon has a green check mark on it), tap on the option that says mobile checkout/line buster, follow the prompts on the screen, scan all the guest’s items using the scanner on the top of the mydevice like you would normally scan something with the side button, tap to finish the checkout and use the card reader on the back of the device to have the guest pay. Put a partially used roll of receipt paper inside of a hip printer and change the printing mode to ZPL and scan the barcode on the side of the printer using the zebra and it’ll print out a receipt for the guest and send them on their way

They cant force us to work on Thanksgiving day right? arent they still asking TEam members for anyone whos willing first?

I personally think that the ad has great deals and to top it off Thanksgiving is a fun day to work! I love seeing what other people are coming to buy.

MyCheckout is actually really easy. It’s the equipment itself that’s the problem. Lately I’ve been working w a guest on an order and everything is smooth up until the actual payment and then the device glitches, the screen goes black and...no sale. There’s only so many times you can start over until the guest gets frustrated.

They cant force us to work on Thanksgiving day right? arent they still asking TEam members for anyone whos willing first?
They can schedule you any day and time they want, regardless of your availability.

And that goes double for Thanksgiving and Black Friday.

I have very limited availability but always expect to be scheduled for Thanksgiving outside of my availability. It's only fair. And it's just once a year.

Availability goes out the window for Thanksgiving.
Maybe your store. At my store they can’t and they won’t . I have tl and other team members that are unavailable on Thursday and Friday . They were never scheduled but they were asked if they could work and they said no . So no it is.

You can always call out on Thanksgiving. Because it's a holiday, Spot is usually very forgiving.
aaf_shifty.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back