Archived Black friday 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
So target released the black Friday ad today, with some early access deals. And it appears we are opening at 5 pm on thanksgiving, closing at 1 am, and reopening at 7. I, for one, like that target didn't wait for every other retailer to announce like years past.
I start at 1pm

I think it's not tgt matching those companies but beating Walmart. Wm is 6pm this year. They opened at 5 for the few years we did 6 so that's weird

Well, my store hasn't posted the sign-up sheets for the Thanksgiving/Black Friday prep and ad set yet. Rumor is they are just going to schedule people for it. There will be many unhappy TMs and a ton of call outs if they do that.
My store always schedule new people for ad that just leave when they are scheduled and most of the Thanksgiving sale stuff ends up not being marked. 🤣

Anyone have any idea on whether we'd be doing truck Thursday morning or would they wait to do it overnight? I personally would rather just get it over with Thursday morning, get that holiday pay and be home in time for dinner, but I'm guessing that's just wishful, naive thinking.

Anyone have any idea on whether we'd be doing truck Thursday morning or would they wait to do it overnight? I personally would rather just get it over with Thursday morning, get that holiday pay and be home in time for dinner, but I'm guessing that's just wishful, naive thinking.
I’m an overnight process but we don’t take a truck on that day but it will be triple on friday

For Thanksgiving pay, what time does time-and-a-half end? I think it went until 6am or 8am Black Friday last year?

Time and a half. Midnight. When thanksgiving is over and it becomes Black Friday.
The extra dollar or two was until 8am I think.
But you have to work at least 3 hours during that off time to get the extra dollar, correct? So working to 1 am Thursday wouldn't qualify, but starting at 5 am on Friday would.

Last year, we worked the truck overnight - think my shift started at midnight? Turns my schedule upside down, but that's better than when the store is crowded and it's impossible to get around with a u-boat.
Whatever, the whole schedule around BF stinks. Sure, people will say "oh this is terrible, how awful for the workers, people should be home with their families." But way more of them are waiting in those long lines, hours before the store opens, just to get their new TVs and the doorbuster deals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back