Archived Black friday 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can always call out on Thanksgiving. Because it's a holiday, Spot is usually very forgiving.
aaf_shifty.gif
Very For giving you a termination notice

well that is retarded. my store at some point asked us if we want to work on thanksgiving and had us sign a paper to confirm that. Now we dont get those papers and they dont ask us. I remember the time we opened 5AM black Friday, then it went to 12AM Friday, then they experimented with 24 hour thursday-thru friday thing and that didnt work out well. People stopped coming in by 1 or 2 AM, came back in the morning. Now they wanna ruin thanksgiving for everyone and make us come during dinner time. fucking hate the retail industry for this.

Calling out on Thanksgiving is no different from calling out any other day, except your LOD is likely to give you some attitude.
You also may face retaliation later from your leaders, think less hours/less desirable shifts. Leaders generally don’t forget who calls off on Thanksgiving/Black Friday weekend...

Target isn’t open on thanksgiving in my state :cool:
You just put yourself in the dog house here. ;)

I think I was asked at my interview if I was willing and able to work Thanksgiving and Black Friday. I've never seen a signup sheet to work those days, and I've definitely gotten the impression over the years that those are absolute black-out days, everyone is scheduled for at least one shift during that time frame.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dog
You just put yourself in the dog house here. ;)

I think I was asked at my interview if I was willing and able to work Thanksgiving and Black Friday. I've never seen a signup sheet to work those days, and I've definitely gotten the impression over the years that those are absolute black-out days, everyone is scheduled for at least one shift during that time frame.

There is one TL in my building that was not scheduled on Thanksgiving. That same TL wasn't scheduled to work on Christmas Eve. I'm still pissed.

I've definitely gotten the impression over the years that those are absolute black-out days, everyone is scheduled for at least one shift during that time frame.

Not my store. They now have a note up that they are "no longer" approving time off for those 2 days. So apparently those days were an option for a smart few who put in their request. Who knew?

I have very limited availability but always expect to be scheduled for Thanksgiving outside of my availability. It's only fair. And it's just once a year.
Same for me. But I haven't been scheduled to work Thanksgiving or Black Friday for a few years. Don't know why, except maybe they would rather give the time/half pay to people with more open availability. So Ok with me.

I’m actually unavailable thursdays and I’m never scheduled on a single Thursday in the entire year except for thanksgiving RIP

Anyone have to call out thanksgiving because they overate chips and dip and now are suffering from terrible digestive issues?

Can someone confirm, if you have been there for a specific period of time, you will be paid for Thanksgiving? If you work, the hours are in addition to being paid for the holiday.

What? I'm confused by what you are asking. Like, double dipping? Because won't everyone be paid? You get the extra $1 holiday pay on top of the time-and-a-half but that's everyone, I think.

Can someone confirm, if you have been there for a specific period of time, you will be paid for Thanksgiving? If you work, the hours are in addition to being paid for the holiday.

Time and a half PLUS a $1 per hour incentive for Thanksgiving day, and if you worked 3+ hours between 10 pm - 8 am, an additional $1/hour for those hours. Tls and higher get additional holiday pay.

Last edited:

It's actually slightly different. The MyCheckout app is, I believe, for ordering something from Target.com while in the store.

With the "skip the check out" app you scan an item that is already in the store and pay for it on the same MyCheckout device, but a different app. BUT, the apps look almost identical, and I may have accidentally charged a guest for an item that we didn't have in stock instead of ordering it. I couldn't figure out why it the process was so dang easy that time. It really is super easy.

What? I'm confused by what you are asking. Like, double dipping? Because won't everyone be paid? You get the extra $1 holiday pay on top of the time-and-a-half but that's everyone, I think.
I believe if you work F/T, you are also paid for Thanksgiving and Christmas whether you are scheduled that day, or not. If you work it, you also receive the time and a half that you work that day.

I believe if you work F/T, you are also paid for Thanksgiving and Christmas whether you are scheduled that day, or not. If you work it, you also receive the time and a half that you work that day.
That would be nice!! I could really use the extra cash working on holidays but my state doesn't allow Target to be open on those days. (It doesn't bother me since I would prefer everyone got to spend some time with friends and family, but still :) )

Does anybody know when OPU deals go live for the black friday ad? Will it be at 5pm on Thursday? (I want to order something but I'm not sure if I could order it before I go in to work or if it's better to just take a chance and shop after I get off (9:45) and see if there's any left.

Does anybody know when OPU deals go live for the black friday ad? Will it be at 5pm on Thursday? (I want to order something but I'm not sure if I could order it before I go in to work or if it's better to just take a chance and shop after I get off (9:45) and see if there's any left.
They should go live around 3 am est on thanksgiving (at least by years past) and deals should be available for both ship and opu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back