Archived Black Friday and availability

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have heard from different people that Target will pay time and a half for Thanksgiving day and Black Friday and others say they will give an extra one dollar an hour. Which is it? Anyone know?
I assure it will be whichever way Spot comes out the cheapest.

I think it is time and a half for any time worked ON thanksgiving and then a dollar per hour more for the rest of it. But I could be wrong

Time & a half up to midnight (Thurs), then shift diff (+$1/hr) until 6am Fri.

As a random note for black friday....My STL said that we arent handing out store maps this year and its all going to be on the target app? I can only see disaster from this...

I'm curious why not. our black friday kit just arrived today with maps and all the tshirts and coupons.

As a random note for black friday....My STL said that we arent handing out store maps this year and its all going to be on the target app? I can only see disaster from this...

I'm curious why not. our black friday kit just arrived today with maps and all the tshirts and coupons.

Are they guest maps or layout maps for the TMs?
I have to admit it seemed a little weird that they would get rid of the guest maps like that but I'm so willing to believe anything.

Why does Spot assume everyone has a smart phone?
I understand that a good portion of the population has one but I'm sure that you're going to get at least 10% of your customers who don't and they are going to be the vocal ones.

Not only that but who wants to have their phone out while they are getting rushed on all sides if they are coming right at opening...ya...Id love to have my phone dropped and stepped on..highlight of my thanksgiving
If that happens just have Target Mobile get you and upgrade with one of their slick Black Friday deals while you're waiting to check out those two dollar towels and three dollar appliances!

Also the weekends of December are an extra $1.00 if you work the weekends.

You know, working on TGday wouldn't be so bad if we could have that weekend schedule a little bit earlier than we currently get it.

Screwing around by not announcing an opening time is a crock.....tell us early, give us a work schedule and let us make plans around that information.

I've worked in the food service industry (in a hotel) and the restaurant is opened 364.5 days......Christmas morning is doughnuts and beverages....then a full-fledged buffet the rest of the day. There were several nice things about the food service industry......at the start of November we'd already have been asked what shifts we preferred on Christmas eve or Christmas day....and they did their best to get everyone scheduled as requested and on
Big holidays like Mother's day buffet, Easter, Thanksgiving and Christmas meant that everyone had to work....and everyone had short shifts...and EVERYONE's holiday was compromised.

Yep, instead the schedule will come out late, and we'll be told to deal with it.

Our ETL-HR said in huddle last week that we would know when we were working for Thanksgiving before the schedule came out. I asked her about that again tonight to confirm that since there was an opening in the conversation about how she would be working on that schedule next week. Her response? "Well, probably not the front end. But we are looking to match people's preferences to when they said they wanted to work, so it shouldn't be a surprise." I told her that I had already seen that my preferences weren't able to be honored, either, according to the Black Friday schedule I saw. She hemmed and hawed and told me to talk to her the next time she works.

Right. Sucks when an employee holds you to your words...eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back